Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2017 7:39:27 PM EDT
Well now its my turn! 

Met up with a few other local Arfcommers equipped with NVDs and went out for a night shoot. Weather was great for it, sky was dark and we had a great time. Had steel set up at around 50 yards and another set of plates at around 100. We were all running Gen 3 gear, and most rifles had IR light/laser combos and users with helmets. It was laughably easy to make hits on steel at 100 yards with only a slight bit of effort. If it was a real deal threat engage and neutralize situation and the hostiles didnt have this sort of tech it would have been childs play to manuever, identify and engage. 

Fortunately none of us are door kickers and just guys who like to have fun, and boy did we. Learned a LOT about our gear. Well worth it to take the stuff out and put it through its paces and get familiar with it. I had my NVDs mounted on my rifle and its surprising, you hear "Like the back of your hand" but when you cant see the rifle at all you need to know it like the back of your hand to manipulate the rifle. Load it, close bolt, flip safety....Drop mag to reload...All of that. Its funny how something you do a thousands times suddenly gets just a bit harder when you cant see.

Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You may not be door kickers but you can still practice no light malfunctions, reloads, screwing up each other's gear and time them how to adjust, install batteries, etc it takes stop get back into the fight without having a light ND.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#2]
You could also practice holding the camera properly.  This is YouTube, not SnapChat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could also practice holding the camera properly.  This is YouTube, not SnapChat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA
View Quote
It was hard enough to hold the phone in front of the NVD 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Practice, grasshopper.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
As usual, there's a fix for that https://tnvc.com/shop/tele-vue-tnvc-fonemate-night-vision-smart-phone-adapter-system/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top