User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2017 8:37:03 PM EDT
Is there such a thing?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly. Those type of mounts say you can weapon mount a pvs 7. I just never heard of it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:01:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The first blurb mentions the 7. The description does not mention it. The third section does. The fourth doesn’t, et cetera.

Plus the website looks like it’s from the 90’s. I wouldn’t be a test case for $199.

$99 maybe. If I still had a 7
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
You would think if the tube is recoil rated than it could be done with no I'll effects. There are several sites that are selling the mounts. Just never heard of it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#5]
It's extremely impractical, due to the bulk. That's why no one would do it (even if it's possible).
I suggest you abandon all hope of using a 7 for this purpose. Sell it and get a 14 or something.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:29:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's extremely impractical, due to the bulk. That's why no one would do it (even if it's possible).
I suggest you abandon all hope of using a 7 for this purpose. Sell it and get a 14 or something.
View Quote
I would just get the 7 and get an ir laser
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't own a pvs 7 but used to.

Had some weird spider webbing that was visible during certain lit conditions.

Still don't know what it was until this day but I sold it and only took like a $250 loss on it.

Edited to add. It's called chicken wire.

I was considering getting another used one with a gen 3 or Gen 2 European ( Photonis) tube which is supposed to be almost as good but I've never looked through one; so don't know.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't own a pvs 7 but used to.

Had some weird spider webbing that was visible during certain lit conditions.

Still don't know what it was until this day but I sold it and only took like a $250 loss on it.

Edited to add. It's called chicken wire.

I was considering getting another used one with a gen 3 or Gen 2 European ( Photonis) tube which is supposed to be almost as good but I've never looked through one; so don't know.
View Quote
You might want to try TNVCs gen2 stuff. Check out nightgoggles.com. I got the chance to try one alongside a gen3. I had a tough time telling them apart. Im sure in really dark conditions the gen3 will be better. With the gen2 savings you could get a ir laser or other gear.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#10]
No... The PVS-7 is a good scope and I use one all the time. Never have I ever thought about weapon mounting. All kinds of issues I won't even go into. Good scope for viewing and nothing more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top