Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of bickering and little real info.

Eh, once everyone gets their motley digits one one we will all be happy. This will be mostly forgotten.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I initiallly called tech support for info about recoil sensitivity of the unit. Was told someone from sales would call me back or email with better info.
Didnt get anything the next day so i emailed them. I got a response from sales manager.

I havent talked to him about a release, someone else responded to that question and it is quoted somewhere on this thread.

Im not offended or hurt or anything from what has been said. We all just want our new cool toy and are not getting very concrete answers.
Nobody likes waiting...waiting without a real timeline is awful.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That may have to do with a bitch names Irma!
View Quote
While you're sticking your head in the door, how about an update from your contacts at Flir.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
While you're sticking your head in the door, how about an update from your contacts at Flir.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be nice.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know what the big deal is.  We've had bits and pieces of info here and there.  I'd just like to see if there is any new info.

I'm the one who chatted with a random Flir employee, whose role/positon I do not know.  He said he'd research it and would get back with my via email.  Even if he gets in touch with someone in the know, they may still give a vague answer.  But who knows? Maybe they'll tell him something concrete.

I'm not sure why a discussion like this always results in someone getting the fuse lit on his tampon.  It's really not that big a deal in the scheme of life.  I just want an idea of when I might get my toy.

It may be that the best info we get is someone getting a shipping notice from a seller.  That will be more concrete than anything else we hear, unless a seller posts here and says they have them in hand.

The anticipation is part of the fun, I guess.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Just for kicks I called the number at the bottom of the page just now. 

The rep I spoke to told me they received all sorts of calls after the product was announced and they were told the units would be shipped out around Labor Day.

That rep said the calls died down after that time. And he assumed that the pts233 units were shipped at that time. 

He said last week the calls started coming in again and it was just then when realized the units never were shipped at all and does not currently have a status. 

He is currently waiting on a response from a Flir  manager to a response to his email asking the same question we are.  

I'm not trying to besmirch anyone who works for Flir. I'm sure they're great people who come from great families. 
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Ive told myself no more toys until this gets to me... at this rate my bank account is gonna love me.  

Everyone I have talked to was really nice, just seems their communication could use some improvement from department to department.

It sure would be funny if these units were just sitting and it was a matter of "I thought you shipped them?! No I thought you did"
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I placed an order at the beginning of Aug directly with Flir for one of the PTS 223's. They estimated last week of Aug for shipping, but made it clear there could be updates and to be patient.

I emailed the same Sales Account Manager (in the Outdoors & Tactical Systems dept) this afternoon and go a response about half hour later that the delay is related to fine tuning the recording/video firmware. He estimated another 2-4 weeks before shipping.

Definitely not what I wanted to hear, but at least it sounds like they're down to the final details. Just wanted to share, I've been checking this thread every couple days and appreciated the updates/insight from everyone else.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]
What concerns me is these push backs don’t always equate to a solid product when it’s finally released. Vortex released that new AMG cricket dot holographic site not to long ago and they kept pushing it back.

When it finally shipped some of the units had very obvious issues that there is no way vortex could have missed like the actual projected site had bad ghosting and there was serious debris sealed inside of units.

So hopefully they really are polishing it instead of being plagued with so many issues the are just nailing the big ones down and will just RMA ones that display other smaller problems.

Maybe I’ll upgrade my Harris tubes to L3 WP and wait for gen 2 of these units.  I don’t need thermal asap.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I am waiting to see reviews from the users.

I hope they are bada$$ when they get shipped.

Last thing anyone wants is to pay for a problem.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I placed an order at the beginning of Aug directly with Flir for one of the PTS 223's. They estimated last week of Aug for shipping, but made it clear there could be updates and to be patient.

I emailed the same Sales Account Manager (in the Outdoors & Tactical Systems dept) this afternoon and go a response about half hour later that the delay is related to fine tuning the recording/video firmware. He estimated another 2-4 weeks before shipping.

Definitely not what I wanted to hear, but at least it sounds like they're down to the final details. Just wanted to share, I've been checking this thread every couple days and appreciated the updates/insight from everyone else.
View Quote
Hey! It could be worse ... somewhere out there are people who ordered the  Apple Watch 3!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SkyPup is quiet. That tells me everything I need to know.
Really Vic? THAT ^ is all you have to contribute? After cigars up in Santa Barbara,  you haven't been able to get in touch with Flir?

ETA: this is where the belongs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#14]
It has been a couple days since someone asked about release details......

I am patiently waiting with the rest of you.....damn it, hunting season is weeks away
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea.. the wait is less than pleasant lol
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#16]
It does seem like everything worth having has a wait associated with it..
Its really unhealthy from an online OCD shopping angle.

Grabbed a pvs-7 from a member in the EE, missed the mail truck yesterday though.
That and my LASERS should hold me over till my filmless pvs14 is built by NVGC

This FLIR this is a huge letdown

It makes me want to cancle the order for the 320 unit and wait for 640, my guess is ill end up with both.
Less expensive gear for friends and the good stuff for me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#17]
They should just release defective models now and set up a FB page like ATN to keep customers warm and fuzzy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Whats the chance they pushed release back to try and clear out most of the old Armasight scopes? Notice the price drop on pretty much all of the Armasight scopes out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm starting to wonder if there are some real problems with the PTS233.  I hope they are just trying to get it right from the get-go, but it has been too many weeks for just tweaking it.  

Does anybody have any new news on it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Actually it was San Francisco. We have not heard a final release date. I know they are working on firmware to get everything perfect. You gotta realize if we have heard something firm, we would be announcing it pretty pronto.

P.S. You must also realize, we also ask on a pretty regular basis what the status is....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really Vic? THAT ^ is all you have to contribute? After cigars up in Santa Barbara,  you haven't been able to get in touch with Flir?

Actually it was San Francisco. We have not heard a final release date. I know they are working on firmware to get everything perfect. You gotta realize if we have heard something firm, we would be announcing it pretty pronto.

P.S. You must also realize, we also ask on a pretty regular basis what the status is....
I thought Santa Barbara because of your quote in your other thread:
Quoted:

Nailed it right there.  I had a pretty substantial talk about this very thing. The Santa Barbara facility has been extremely hard at work and is the crux of the engineering timelines we are seeing.  Another pic below, many more coming along with more Vids. I will also be answering other questions here as I catch up.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/Q14B_A_zps3p0bzlre.jpg
So, I'm guessing when you're asking for something firm, you're not getting ignored. What are they telling you as to the reason for the delays? Not asking you for a date that you don't have to give, just the background for the much longer than previously stated(by you) wait times. @TNVC
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:11:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So, I'm guessing when you're asking for something firm, you're not getting ignored. What are they telling you as to the reason for the delays? Not asking you for a date that you don't have to give, just the background for the much longer than previously stated(by you) wait times. @TNVC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nailed it right there.  I had a pretty substantial talk about this very thing. The Santa Barbara facility has been extremely hard at work and is the crux of the engineering timelines we are seeing.  Another pic below, many more coming along with more Vids. I will also be answering other questions here as I catch up.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/Clutch99/Q14B_A_zps3p0bzlre.jpg
Wow you win the Internet for biggest ball buster...noone can blame TNVC.
Well after all this talk of none disclosure.....maybe we can!
Not really. I was going to be PMing for the inside info on the 640 release...i promise i wont tell everyone.

Honestly, it seems if we dont take the pts233 we'll be waiting 8-12 month for the 640....but once i settle the 640 will be out 4 weeks later.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wow you win the Internet for biggest ball buster...noone can blame TNVC.
Well after all this talk of none disclosure.....maybe we can!
Not really. I was going to be PMing for the inside info on the 640 release...i promise i wont tell everyone.

Honestly, it seems if we dont take the pts233 we'll be waiting 8-12 month for the 640....but once i settle the 640 will be out 4 weeks later.
View Quote
I'm a ball buster? Dude I think you just need to spend a bit more time in the various NV forums/groups to get some perspective. Vic has multiple threads on multiple forums extolling the virtues of this new lineup from Flir as well as mentioning his connections, such as being a channel partner/direct distributor. He also was rather short with anyone who(looking at Flir/TNVC's history of talking a new product/product line to market and how much of a contrast there was in comms between selling us on it, to showing up with updates when there's a delay/issue/etc) suggested that it might not be as great/on time as was being portrayed.

I don't believe it's that much of a stretch to imagine that if he's able to hang out, smoke cigars and talk shop about the new Boson lineup, that he would in turn just have smoke blown up his ass by the same people when he inquires about an update on THEIR product that HE has created hype for. I understand not being able to give a hard date. Likely he hasn't been given one. I was asking about giving us an idea about what the issues are that are causing the delay.

Is it, like has been speculated, a purely fiscal move to liquidate the old stock on hand? Or are there issues that they're working out? Something else?
He's described as being invited
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#24]

I was actually more of just screwing with you, i actually agree with pretty much everything you've said.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:I was asking about giving us an idea about what the issues are that are causing the delay.
View Quote
The scope is delayed for the same reason it has always been delayed: Flir cannot get the image/video recording to work properly.  The first batch of scopes have all been built.  All that remains is fixing the firmware.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I have almost no interest in recording/capturing... lol i will take one without the feature and just take an update later k thanks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Every time I see a new post I think......

IT'S HAPPENING!

oh, and in case FLIR cares about my opinion, I don't care about video recording or video out either, I would be happy with an update 6 months down the road.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have almost no interest in recording/capturing... lol i will take one without the feature and just take an update later k thanks.
View Quote
Then get the Pulsar RXQ30V, which is less money, more pixels, and already available.  I killed a coyote with it two nights ago.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Then get the Pulsar RXQ30V, which is less money, more pixels, and already available.  I killed a coyote with it two nights ago.
View Quote
That Pulsar looks really nice.  I just don't like the green screen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I also hate the green screen...it seems limited and archaic, even thought in practicality om sure it os effective. I could get an armasight or something else but i wanted the new Boson magic, unless a clip on is on the horizon in the same price range I have limited myself to this unit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I also hate the green screen...it seems limited and archaic, even thought in practicality om sure it os effective. I could get an armasight or something else but i wanted the new Boson magic, unless a clip on is on the horizon in the same price range I have limited myself to this unit.
View Quote
You might want to find out exactly what "Boson magic" you think is going to be in this unit. This is another expectation that has been set so sky high around here that disappointment becomes inevitable. I'm sure the chipset is very capable, but it remains a question as to how much of it will be leveraged in this device. There may be TONS of magic, but I think a lot of these units are being presold/sold/whatever based on things to which FLIR has surely made no commitment.

Just a friendly suggestion for those spending their hard earned dollars.

And FWIW, I agree, the green screen on the Pulsar is a bit of a WTF.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are all 3 of you saying that after hunting with it, or looking at it on the internet?

The green screen is awesome. It takes very little brightness adjustment to get a good picture compared to the Trail. I prefer it for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I ordered a pts233 and am super excited about it, but if you want something now the RXQ30V is ready to go and super reliable.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#35]
The pulsar products have me interested for their recoil rating of up to 375...
Im sure the green is usable i just find it limiting. Having 5 palettes is more palettable for me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That Pulsar looks really nice.  I just don't like the green screen.
View Quote
Agreed. In fact I’ve been really considering selling my pvs-14 tubes to buy WP tubes to replace them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I think it’s obvious I jump on some here when it’s called for and I’m certainly not defending FLIR but pics have been posted by TNVC and they looked pretty damn good.

It’s just hard to believe internal recording is what’s holding this whole train up. I mean, maybe it is. Who knows. Just seems like it shouldn’t take this long to shake out. It’s not new tech. Tons of other units do it.

I’d guess it has to do with more of a busine$$ decision. Clear out old stock?  I’m guessing the old new stock won’t move once these hit unless they are 50% off.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Im kinda torn now... have the chance for a Flir ACTS for 3k.. tempting.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think it’s obvious I jump on some here when it’s called for and I’m certainly not defending FLIR but pics have been posted by TNVC and they looked pretty damn good.

It’s just hard to believe internal recording is what’s holding this whole train up. I mean, maybe it is. Who knows. Just seems like it shouldn’t take this long to shake out. It’s not new tech. Tons of other units do it.

I’d guess it has to do with more of a busine$ decision. Clear out old stock?  I’m guessing the old new stock won’t move once these hit unless they are 50% off.
View Quote
That's exactly what I think is happening. Coincidence that all the new old stock is now on sale? I think not.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's exactly what I think is happening. Coincidence that all the new old stock is on sale now? I think not.
View Quote
The predator 336 for example. Has gome from 2700ish to 1900ish
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I wish companies would learn to under promise and over deliver.  Marketing departments seem to do everything they can, however, to do the opposite.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I personally like the Sapphire Green OLED display from Pulsar. It's easy on the eyes, meaning I've noticed less eye fatigue and therefore, no tension headaches after spending an entire night of use. Heat signatures really pop. They stand out well against the green background in both white-hot and black-hot modes. SGM Kyle Lamb of Viking Tactics and Viking Chronicles also told me last year, that he prefers the green Pulsar display over the standard black and white. Using a Pulsar Core FXQ50 Clip-On, according to Kyle, he shot in excess of 1000 rabbist in Oregon using the green thermal display. This is when he fell in love with it. I understand it's a preference thing but Kyle and I really like it.
View Quote
Hmm.  Guys who look at the Pulsar Core RXQ30V from behind their keyboard don't like the green screen.  Guys who get behind the scope in the field think it's tits.

A pattern is forming.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Would be interesting to compare the green OLED display to a green color palette.  Is it the display itself, or just the color that is easier on the eyes?  I'd bet it would be easy for FLIR to add a green palette.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Its 2017... being limited to green with 2 modes seems like something from 10 years ago.
Its not necessarily about the green being good or bad. Its the lack of options.  
I dont see why flir couldnt have a green mode if they wanted. At this price range i dont think you can have everything you want. But i have other uses in mind for my thermal unit that go outside pew pew
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Would be interesting to compare the green OLED display to a green color palette.  Is it the display itself, or just the color that is easier on the eyes?  I'd bet it would be easy for FLIR to add a green palette.
View Quote
My FLIR Vue has a green color. Similar to the the pulsar. I prefer black hot on my vue. Or depending on where I am instalert. 

Flir boson should also have a color called “hottest” which appears to be a black hot version of instalert. It’s not labeled in the limited spec sheet for the pts233, but it is in the full length data sheet for the camera core. Maybe a future update?

My buddy had a 640 pulsar scanner with the green screen that looked really nice to me. 
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Hmm.  Guys who look at the Pulsar Core RXQ30V from behind their keyboard don't like the green screen.  Guys who get behind the scope in the field think it's tits.

A pattern is forming.
View Quote
I agree. I remember someone mentioned that venders should have some way for customers to try each unit out before they buy. It’s hard to make a decision with something like this because everyone’s eyes are different. Plus they are so expensive.

I realize that would be difficult to do for customers who couldn’t come into a brick and mortar store.

On the other hand I’m assuming most are happy with what they get. That is until they get to try another unit. Then they either get buyers remorse or feel they made the right call.

It’s definitely tough for the sellers and customers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Wow, this thread it still around? I sincerely thought these would have been released by now because a FLIR rep told me back in 2016 that that Q14B 640 should be coming out right about now.  

Kudos to FLIR for not releasing a buggy product, but wow @ a 6+ month delay. Must have been some major product issues - I hope they are able to resolve whatever it is. That is huge in the electronics industry.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wow, this thread it still around? I sincerely thought these would have been released by now because a FLIR rep told me back in 2016 that that Q14B 640 should be coming out right about now.  

Kudos to FLIR for not releasing a buggy product, but wow @ a 6+ month delay. Must have been some major product issues - I hope they are able to resolve whatever it is. That is huge in the electronics industry.
View Quote

With this degree of product hype, they'll resolve it.

Getting people revved up for a new product prior to a release is good marketing. That, however, has its limits when their target market starts discussing alternatives due to delays.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#50]
How do you all think the xq38 pulsar will compare with the pts233?
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top