User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
What about this old girl?

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tokarev/media/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0856_zpsad2b2fbd.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/tokarev/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0856_zpsad2b2fbd.jpg</a>

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Dino,

I notice this tube "glows" for thirty seconds or so once the power is switched off.  The view itself goes away but there's some residual brightness that lingers for a short time.  I haven't noticed this in other US-spec tubes and have only seen it on foreign Gen2 stuff.  Is this due to the type of film used or something else?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I have some more tubes that I just received that I have questions about. I just got in four PVS-7B's, but in reality the tubes look more like "D" Delta's (which I was hoping):

Here is the tube from one, but all are the same:

Next is a PVS-14 that I got in the same bin today:

My question(s) begin with the current Omni list on ARF says this / these tubes are NOT "UV" but the tubes, which seem relatively new, are clearly marked "D/UV" on the 10130's and UV on the 11769's. Also, the dates being so late (Omni VII date ranges) make me wonder if ITT is just pulling tubes that are in production at that time and putting whatever label necessary to fill older / existing contracts.

These things are ALL gorgeous, and obviously autogated (which I presume means filmed as well). I'll be testing them out tonight with a buddy, but the stuff I've been gobbling up lately has been home run after home run. You don't wanna know what I've been paying for this stuff!  
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:47:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DevilWillCry] [#3]
Originally Posted By murtis:

The CAD says 9711, 1997, 11:th week. The NSN or Contract num should return you the solicitation if you search for it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By murtis:
Originally Posted By DevilWillCry:
L3 is the Cage code, but how did you get the approximate age, and therefore contract? I'm still learning and I must be missing something.

The CAD says 9711, 1997, 11:th week. The NSN or Contract num should return you the solicitation if you search for it

Gotcha! I'm familiar with the CAD and how to decipher it, but I've never seen it written or stamped on the tube like that so didn't recognize it for what it was.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:02:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DevilWillCry] [#4]
Just got them in today, but these are easy.
</a>" />
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dino1130] [#5]
Originally Posted By DevilWillCry:
Just got them in today, but these are easy.
http://<a href=http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/3975justin/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141024_180651696.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

The classic Omni IV ITT ultra tube. Been around forever and are tough as nails ! Not fancy, but they work well and you really got to try hard to break one. I love them !
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: newblood] [#6]
ran across these and don't know about NV much less what these are. Any help would be great also what unit they could be used in. The one in the 1st 2 pics is smaller in size.

Sorry for the big pics...

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Your bottom tube is a MX-10130B tube made by ITT. It is a very early tube. Probably Omni 1 or 2. Top tube is a very early MX-10160 tube or aviation tube. I would need to see close pics of both top and bottom of tubes to tell you more. Looks early gen 3 but can be gen 2 as well. They are old tubes (late 80's early 90's). Bottom tube is for a PVS-7B and top tube fits many scopes.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
If I had a chance to pick these up what would be a good price point just by what you see here?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By newblood:
If I had a chance to pick these up what would be a good price point just by what you see here?
View Quote

Again, they are old and I don't even know if they work or not. I am not sure they are both Gen 3 but I know at best they are early gen 3. Assuming they work well and are early Gen 3 maybe 400 each. This is a BIG assumption on my part though as I don't have enough information here.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#10]
This looks a lot like one already posted!

On a related note....Will a PVS-14 light pipe work in a MUM?
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:23:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dino1130] [#11]
F9800 SELA tube . Thin film and not gated. Made by ITT and a common tube found in a Envis scope. I believe the Mum uses a different kind of light pipe. I have not looked at a Mum in a long time so I am not sure. I don't have any of those housings around to check for you. I will ask and get you an answer.

ETA: Mum uses same light pipe as PVS-14.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:02:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Dino1130:
F9800 SELA tube . Thin film and not gated. Made by ITT and a common tube found in a Envis scope. I believe the Mum uses a different kind of light pipe. I have not looked at a Mum in a long time so I am not sure. I don't have any of those housings around to check for you. I will ask and get you an answer.

ETA: Mum uses same light pipe as PVS-14.
View Quote

You, sir, are "The Man!"

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:34:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chosos] [#13]
I've got a new toy in. I was really just after the housing, because I wanted something to eat up some of my CR123 battery collection (I have about 200).

I think this is a DEP-Photonis Gen 2+ or a really early Gen 3 Omni I/II given the phosphor color. The resolution through the tube is excellent and the SNR also looks to be pretty good. The tube is a MX-10160 format.

Would this be an export candidate, and would it be worth more overseas?

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted from CJ7Hawk as I am not up on all the Euro tubes.
"The xx1441 is a special case. Technically, it's only a Gen2 tube...

However that series is usually a failed SHD-3 tube, so depending on where it sits, it might be close to SHD-3, XD-4 or XR5 in terms of performance specs.

Reasons for failure can be blemishes or not meeting the spec - generally they are quite good and exceed the min spec by a substantial margin.

But it's a bit of a lucky dip as to what you'll actually get."
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#15]
any info about these oldies?
it seems to me that they have different phosphors - f9800e green, f9800c has yellow/green and seem to perform a bit better.
perfectly clean tubes.

thanks!
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 10:28:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dino1130] [#16]
The older ITT MX-10160/AVS6 milspec aviation tubes had blue labels on them. The screen color difference (phosphor) is because they are probably Omni III and not Omni IV. Because your dates are right around the time Omni IV came into production it is possible one is Omni III and the other Omni IV which would account for the difference in phosphor color. Omni III is a deep green while IV had the yellowish tinge.

One of your tubes is a F9800E and the other a F9800C. Two different models of the same style tube.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:51:07 AM EDT
[#17]

AEO tube with L3 module and L3 pigtails. Pigtails that say 12034 and PN 204D0167 REV D are autogated. The ones that say  12033 PN 204D0167 REV B are not gated. This is for non factory AEO tubes and the information is found on the pigtail.
View Quote

I got some new tubes that seem to throw a monkey wrench into the pigtail theory. Here are a couple L3 OMNI VII's that I picked up recently:

Notice that the bottom tube in this picture has the same pigtail as your AEO Optics tube which you said was non-gated:

Here's another interesting one:

L3 Cage Code and serial number, but obviously not an L3 tube. Maybe L3 got so busy trying to perfect their filmless technology that they forgot to make enough thin-filmed tubes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: valleyrat1] [#18]
Here is another for the tube ID thread. I assume it is an AEO repot? I'm new to this.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By rich20730:

I got some new tubes that seem to throw a monkey wrench into the pigtail theory. Here are a couple L3 OMNI VII's that I picked up recently:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7554/15769041646_48f154ec57_z.jpg

Notice that the bottom tube in this picture has the same pigtail as your AEO Optics tube which you said was non-gated:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7527/15607604887_b9defce91e_z.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7479/15607316608_0cb3265f40_z.jpg

L3 Cage Code and serial number, but obviously not an L3 tube. Maybe L3 got so busy trying to perfect their filmless technology that they forgot to make enough thin-filmed tubes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rich20730:

AEO tube with L3 module and L3 pigtails. Pigtails that say 12034 and PN 204D0167 REV D are autogated. The ones that say  12033 PN 204D0167 REV B are not gated. This is for non factory AEO tubes and the information is found on the pigtail.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7554/15769041646_48f154ec57_z.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7527/15607604887_b9defce91e_z.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7479/15607316608_0cb3265f40_z.jpg

I will investigate the pigtail discrepancy and get back to you. Mine were from a AEO tube and mispec L3 tubes may differ. I will look into it. Your bottom tube is the most interesting. Many folks don't believe L3 bought ITT tubes for milspec contracts. Some want folks to believe they just bought power supplies from ITT and used L3 modules.

I have very good inside sources that told me L3 did indeed by ITT tubes to supply Gov contracts. Your bottom tube is a ITT tube with a L3 label. Full blown complete ITT tube that L3 bought to supply contract specifications.

Now, L3 has there own ways of increasing tube performance but they never made "thin film" tubes technically. Thin film is a ITT term and technology. Since L3 never technically made "thin film" tubes they had to buy them from the only folks who did, ITT.

It is always amusing to me when I see ITT milspec tubes with a L3 label on them. While ITT developed thin film tubes L3 went a different direction with filmless and other ways to achieve the same or better performance of ITT thin film tubes.

Your bottom tube is fairly rare and a great conversation piece. It is also proof ITT and L3 work together on occasion.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#20]

I am leaning towards AEO but it may be older as I am not familiar with the pigtail design. Most definitely a repot or new tube potted by a third party though.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:25:48 AM EDT
[#21]

I am leaning towards AEO but it may be older as I am not familiar with the pigtail design. Most definitely a repot or new tube potted by a third party though.  
View All Quotes

Is it possible there is data on the tube that is not visible unless it it completely removed from the housing? Ive not worked up the nerve to completely remove the tube...
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#22]
SELA tubes~

Any good required reading about specs or details ???
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JKH62:
SELA tubes~

View Quote

Good ITT tubes. They are a Pinnacle tubes without autogating. They are thin film tubes with a standard non gated power supply. Specs of the tube will determine how good it is.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Good ITT tubes. They are a Pinnacle tubes without autogating. They are thin film tubes with a standard non gated power supply. Specs of the tube will determine how good it is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JKH62:
SELA tubes~

Thx for that explanation.
I have seen "SELA" referenced many times but am clueless what it actually means.

I have looked several times for any classifications or specs like the Omni series tables but have always been in the "dark"
(pun intended)
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:06:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flo1969] [#25]
any info about this old english tube?
is it a weapons grade tube?

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:15:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cj7hawk] [#26]
EEV Generation 3, around Omni II/III level of performance - Not great but pretty good compared to Gen2+

That one is Slim ANVIS by the look of it -

Regards

David

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:30:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By cj7hawk:
EEV Generation 3, around Omni II/III level of performance - Not great but pretty good compared to Gen2+

That one is Slim ANVIS by the look of it -
Regards
David

View Quote

Thank you David ! I am not up on all the UK tubes.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 4:28:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Thx for the info David, you are right it's a slim ANVIS tube.

Do you have any info about if these tubes are weapons rated for caliber > 5.56x45mm?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:01:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cioffdaddy] [#29]
Here are two tubes I just picked up.  

Both say ITT 273354-34 and have a 9 digit serial number.  Neither one has a date code.  There is also another number on the side that is different for each one.  They are 10160 type and the seller told me they are not autogated.  That is all I know.  

Is there any way to tell when these were made, or whether they are military or commercial?  

Pic works in preview but not actual post, don't know why

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dino1130] [#30]
Originally Posted By Cioffdaddy:

Both say ITT 273354-34 and have a 9 digit serial number.  Neither one has a date code.  There is also another number on the side that is different for each one.  They are 10160 type and the seller told me they are not autogated.  That is all I know.  

Is there any way to tell when these were made, or whether they are military or commercial?  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/36532389@N00/15465942724/
View Quote

Pics not loading for me. I will research the power supply number and tell you what types of tubes used it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a great looking dead tube that came in an ATN PVS-14 housing I bought. Its some type of MX-11769 format tube. Not sure what it is beyond that.

It does not light up at all, nor does it make any noise - so I'm guessing the power supply died. There are no visible potentiometers, even under that top plastic cover. There is just more plastic where the pots would normally be. I pulled that whole cover off and checked.

Would it be worth trying to repot this if I can find a badly blemished donor tube or power supply?
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 3:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dino1130] [#32]
I would not mess with it. Just not cost effective for a repot tube. It is most likely a AEO tube or maybe even Summit. Either way sell it and move on. Even dead tubes can fetch 25 to 50 bucks.

It is a L3 module and most likely AEO made. You can de-solder the pigtail as people will buy them. It is now a good tinker toy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#33]

<a href="http://s265.photobucket.com/user/ChrisCioffi/media/imagejpg1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii207/ChrisCioffi/imagejpg1.jpg</a>

View Quote

ITT non gated MX-10160A tubes. About Omni IV specs and not gated
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

<a href="http://s265.photobucket.com/user/ChrisCioffi/media/imagejpg1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii207/ChrisCioffi/imagejpg1.jpg</a>

Thanks Dino!  I had one other question, in case you or someone else knows- there is an "extra" hole in these tubes, does anyone know why it might be there?  (image should be working now)  All three appear to be filled with potting. Could that mean they be repotted?  Just curious.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Thanks Dino!  I had one other question, in case you or someone else knows- there is an "extra" hole in these tubes, does anyone know why it might be there?  (image should be working now)  All three appear to be filled with potting. Could that mean they be repotted?  Just curious.

View All Quotes

It is normal for that tube. Not a repot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:24:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bhcz] [#36]
Hi, I'm new there, but I have been reading this NVG forum long time without account.  I got ITT tube and I don't know what is it exactly. It have engraving "ITT 273358-35 SN1146 02 782", no CAD (DC). Maybe first four characters of SN means November 2011? It is MX10160 or F9800 type tube.

Thank for any opinion.

EDIT:
is it ITT F9800SLG (or F9800TG) gen 3+ autogated thin filmed PC 2377, SN 27, EBI .75, FOM 1700 ?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:32:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#37]
What do I have here?  ETA: I assume it's Gen 2 because of the warranty expiration date. Also, it came out of a MUM/Mini-14. I managed to break the light pipe. Now on reassembly, it won't light up at all. I'm awesome.  Any hope or did I brick it?

ETA2:  after sitting all night, IT'S alive! IT'S ALIVE! (Thank God, because my wife was gonna kill me. I mean MURDER). Why the hell would it not work after reassembly, then start working 9 hr later?

Still, what do I have?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
What do I have here?  ETA: I assume it's Gen 2 because of the warranty expiration date. Also, it came out of a MUM/Mini-14. I managed to break the light pipe. Now on reassembly, it won't light up at all. I'm awesome.  Any hope or did I brick it?

ETA2:  after sitting all night, IT'S alive! IT'S ALIVE! (Thank God, because my wife was gonna kill me. I mean MURDER). Why the hell would it not work after reassembly, then start working 9 hr later?

Still, what do I have?

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/natebedair/22CA9194-509C-47FA-A500-6B1EEA8ECB1F_zpsgmvblkbo.jpg

View Quote

ITT Omni II Gen 3 tube. Older Gen 3 tube. Not much more advanced over Gen 2 but still very capable ! Will allow you to see in the dark very well but in very dark conditions you may need some external IR light.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By bhcz:
Hi, I'm new there, but I have been reading this NVG forum long time without account.  I got ITT tube and I don't know what is it exactly. It have engraving "ITT 273358-35 SN1146 02 782", no CAD (DC). Maybe first four characters of SN means November 2011? It is MX10160 or F9800 type tube.
http://img11.rajce.idnes.cz/d1101/10/10940/10940375_1727b39845738a25f9820c0450dd6aea/images/mini-IMG_00331.jpg?ver=0
Thank for any opinion.

EDIT:
is it ITT F9800SLG (or F9800TG) gen 3+ autogated thin filmed PC 2377, SN 27, EBI .75, FOM 1700 ?
View Quote

MX-101609C Anvis tube. Very nice tube !!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#40]

ITT Omni II Gen 3 tube. Older Gen 3 tube. Not much more advanced over Gen 2 but still very capable ! Will allow you to see in the dark very well but in very dark conditions you may need some external IR light.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Still, what do I have?

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/natebedair/22CA9194-509C-47FA-A500-6B1EEA8ECB1F_zpsgmvblkbo.jpg

Thanks Dino! For now, it will hopefully be used to blast some hogs, so throwing an IR filter on a Surefire won't be the end of days. Maybe I can move up to a nicer tube in a year or so.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's an interesting one:

MX-11769/UV
ID NO. 80063-A3297320
NSN 5855-01-504-4590
CAD 1122
MFR 13567
CONTR. NO. W9124Q-05-D-0821

As far as I can tell, that contract number pertains to Omni 7, but the date code is well into the Omni 8 range.  Any idea why that might be?  Which is more important in determining the specs the tube had to meet?  

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:51:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RoninNV] [#42]
Hey Dino,

Im new to posting but a long time lurker. I'm wondering if you guys can help me identify my tube, specifically I'm curious to know if its a pinnacle tube or not. Its in an ITTN-NE/PVS-14-17

Also, the warranty area has a sticker on it, is this as strange as I think it is?

MX-11769/UV
ID NO 80063-A3297310
NSN 5855-01-504-4590
CAGE 553114
CONTR DAAB07-02-C-J010
CAD 05/08
WAR EXP. FEB13

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:35:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Here's an interesting one:

MX-11769/UV
ID NO. 80063-A3297320
NSN 5855-01-504-4590
CAD 1122
MFR 13567
CONTR. NO. W9124Q-05-D-0821

As far as I can tell, that contract number pertains to Omni 7, but the date code is well into the Omni 8 range.  Any idea why that might be?  Which is more important in determining the specs the tube had to meet?  

View Quote

The date code will mislead you. Stick with the contract number ! The MX-10160A Omni IV tube was still made new in 2013 as I had one with that CAD date. They make replacement tubes all the time and dates can help but it is only part of the puzzle. Relying on dates alone will take you down the wrong road.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:38:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dino1130] [#44]
Originally Posted By RoninNV:
Hey Dino,

Im new to posting but a long time lurker. I'm wondering if you guys can help me identify my tube, specifically I'm curious to know if its a pinnacle tube or not. Its in an ITTN-NE/PVS-14-17

Also, the warranty area has a sticker on it, is this as strange as I think it is?

MX-11769/UV
ID NO 80063-A3297310
NSN 5855-01-504-4590
CAGE 553114
CONTR DAAB07-02-C-J010
CAD 05/08
WAR EXP. FEB13

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/n2ozx2/mx-11769-uv_zpsf03a8bf0.jpg
View Quote

Hi Ronin ! It is a L3 Omni VI autogated tube. Strange it is in a Night Enforcer (ITT housing) but that is a L3 cage code. The sticker is a bit strange and not something I normally see. It is equivalent to Pinnacle technology but because it is a L3 tube it can't technically be a Pinnacle as that is a ITT trademark name.

Nice tube !!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:27:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RoninNV] [#45]

Hi Ronin ! It is a L3 Omni VI autogated tube. Strange it is in a Night Enforcer (ITT housing) but that is a L3 cage code. The sticker is a bit strange and not something I normally see. It is equivalent to Pinnacle technology but because it is a L3 tube it can't technically be a Pinnacle as that is a ITT trademark name.

Nice tube !!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RoninNV:
Hey Dino,

MX-11769/UV
ID NO 80063-A3297310
NSN 5855-01-504-4590
CAGE 553114
CONTR DAAB07-02-C-J010
CAD 05/08
WAR EXP. FEB13

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/n2ozx2/mx-11769-uv_zpsf03a8bf0.jpg

Nice tube !!

Awesome, thanks I appreciate the help and the quick response! The guy I bought it from claimed he bought it from TNVC and it was a pinnacle, but it was "upgraded" to handle 300g shock load. Thats when I knew he didnt know what he was talking about haha. I hope the sticker wasnt just added onto an old tube, cause I did check for the date when I checked the pvs14 out.

All in all I'm very happy with the performance of it, there dont seem to be any blems either. Not bad for $1600.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Is it kosher to ask the value of image tubes in here? I know they cracked down bigtime on "how much is my gun worth" threads.

No real mystery but I have an F9800RG with one visible blemish and an F9800TG with a couple speck's that I have been thinking about unloading.

Usually when I build scopes for sale I use omni 4/5 tubes and keep the AG ones, but my AG tube quiver is growing and I now have an opportunity to thin that herd also.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By blackghost:
Is it kosher to ask the value of image tubes in here? I know they cracked down bigtime on "how much is my gun worth" threads.

No real mystery but I have an F9800RG with one visible blemish and an F9800TG with a couple speck's that I have been thinking about unloading.

Usually when I build scopes for sale I use omni 4/5 tubes and keep the AG ones, but my AG tube quiver is growing and I now have an opportunity to thin that herd also.
View Quote

It is my thread and I have no issue with it. I can't imagine staff would care and long as we keep it in this thread and don't clog up the forum with countless what is this worth threads.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#48]
I've got one that when I remove the retaining ring and the light pipe, the part of the tube that is visible states: ITT 282867-9-031  S/N 209623 DC0712.  Any help figuring out what I've got would be appreciated.  It does have manual gain and is in a PVS14 housing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:55:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dino1130] [#49]
Originally Posted By ncorry:
I've got one that when I remove the retaining ring and the light pipe, the part of the tube that is visible states: ITT 282867-9-031  S/N 209623 DC0712.  Any help figuring out what I've got would be appreciated.  It does have manual gain and is in a PVS14 housing.
View Quote

Working on this as the power supply number is not in my records. Just want you to know I see the post and am investigating. I am pretty sure what it is but I like to be 100% sure.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Bunch of these Litton mx10160 have been available in Europe lately. From what I can gather, I think they are ex UK MOD surplus tubes. Do you have any additional info on these. I had a look through one and it seemed ok, but had a rather dark image. They are reasonably priced for the European market.

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top