Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 145
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:21:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tex7488] [#1]
What is the light mount that swivels, the one holding what I think is a surefire?

Edit @KM223
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:42:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tex7488:
What is the light mount that swivels, the one holding what I think is a surefire?

Edit @KM223
View Quote

S&S Precision.  Yes it's a Surefire head.  pretty tough to come by from what I understand.

ETA @tex7488
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Edit @KM223
View Quote

Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

S&S Precision.  Yes it's a Surefire head.  pretty tough to come by from what I understand.

ETA @tex7488
View Quote

Correct. S&S Precision M-Ax mount. Expensive but well worth the money and can be hard to come by but available if looking hard enough
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank y’all
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 2:14:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dousan] [#5]
I got my S&s direct from them on cyber Monday at 20% off. Still pricey but it’s quite nice. There are airsoft copies I’ve seen.

Might as well join the thread

Link Posted: 1/3/2022 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dousan:
I got my S&s direct from them on cyber Monday at 20% off. Still pricey but it’s quite nice. There are airsoft copies I’ve seen.

https://i.imgur.com/oFgv5vp.jpg
View Quote

@dousan are those Sordins?  Appears the wire is long enough for you to flip the Amp Arms from forward to back (clockwise on left side), yes?

I have the AXL for Howard Leight and like them but cant rotate that way due to short wire length.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I believe so. Quite long. No issues way back last I checked.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]

@dousan are those Sordins?  Appears the wire is long enough for you to flip the Amp Arms from forward to back (clockwise on left side), yes?

I have the AXL for Howard Leight and like them but cant rotate that way due to short wire length.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dousan:

https://i.imgur.com/oFgv5vp.jpg

I think it’s like 4 wires in the Howard leights. Cut em and splice in an extension.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:26:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#9]
Thanks guys.  Probably won't bother with the splicing, thinking of scooping some Amps pretty soon then I'll just leave my Howards on the second helmet now that I got a ballistic.

setup looks sort of familiar too Cowbell lol

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#10]
This is my budget NV setup.  Hopefully mods have a little sense of humor.

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 4:23:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terrato] [#12]
Picked up a set of Sordin ear protection with the helmet compatible soft top strap. Going to try these for a while before I put any money into helmet mounting them.

Found the piece of Picatinny rail that came with the helmet, so threw an old SF G2 on there as a helmet light.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Terrato:
Picked up a set of Sordin ear protection with the helmet compatible soft top strap. Going to try these for a while before I put any money into helmet mounting them.

Found the piece of Picatinny rail that came with the helmet, so threw an old SF G2 on there as a helmet light.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17391/20220110_121940_jpg-2235864.JPG
View Quote

I have the same helmet and ear pro and did what you going to try for a while.  Totally worked but wasn't comfortable for me long term.  You might need to adjust (in my case remove) some inner pads.  Given my head shape there was no way to avoid the neck part pressing on the nape/OCC dial.  

I have a buddy with a different helmet that doesn't have discomfort issues.

Either way it is doable.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#14]

I have the same helmet and ear pro and did what you going to try for a while.  Totally worked but wasn't comfortable for me long term.  You might need to adjust (in my case remove) some inner pads.  Given my head shape there was no way to avoid the neck part pressing on the nape/OCC dial.  

I have a buddy with a different helmet that doesn't have discomfort issues.

Either way it is doable.
View Quote
Thanks for the feedback. Just doing some basic systems integration testing in my garage last night, I did have to adjust the chip strap to its maximum extent. Perhaps removing or adjusting pads would help with that. I think you have a good point about the back strap and the OCC dial as well.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
This is my budget NV setup.  Hopefully mods have a little sense of humor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/57852/A54A215A-CE38-45F6-9FD4-510C7998F8EE-2232842.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the feedback. Just doing some basic systems integration testing in my garage last night, I did have to adjust the chip strap to its maximum extent. Perhaps removing or adjusting pads would help with that. I think you have a good point about the back strap and the OCC dial as well.
View Quote

the OCC dial pressing against the neck strap part was my main gripe, after an hour of training it was pretty uncomfortable.  That led me to go with Amp Arms, Howard Leights, and AXL RAC Links.  Now the Sordins are my non-helmet ear pro (still like them a lot).
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#17]
the OCC dial pressing against the neck strap part was my main gripe, after an hour of training it was pretty uncomfortable.  That led me to go with Amp Arms, Howard Leights, and AXL RAC Links.  Now the Sordins are my non-helmet ear pro (still like them a lot).
View Quote

This is interesting about the OCC Dial pressing on your necks. Both of my OC helmets have never presented this issue, but then again I have not tried mounting my Sordins. I did try wearing the "Neck Band" one underneath it but that was a complete bust! Snagged a set of Peltor 5s here which I slapped onto a Shellback Lid with ease and absolutely love the setup. Have a TW Carbon EXFIL on the way which I plan on setting up with ear pro. What's the consensus on their "Cam Fit" Dial System here? I've read both good and not-so-good on their fit.

I'm sure everyone has read this article about Blood Type Patches, which does make sense I guess.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I have the cam dial on both my Bump and Ballistic TW helmets.  I think they are fine.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:17:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#19]
Same, I like the dial a lot, I was only speaking to the "neck band" Sordins being worn under the helmet, that's what was causing the discomfort by pressing on the nape/dial.  @GunnyFitz  @Metasaber
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Well crap. Looking at the cost of the additional adapters to attach the new Sordins to my helmet, might be better off using my old Peltors for that purpose instead.

The path to gear knowledge is paved with wasted money.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Well crap. Looking at the cost of the additional adapters to attach the new Sordins to my helmet, might be better off using my old Peltors for that purpose instead.

The path to gear knowledge is paved with wasted money.
View Quote

especially when that gear is worn above the shoulders!
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#22]
My Nocorium camo wraps came in, I went with the tropical multicam. Easy to install, although my housing differed slightly so I had to tweak a couple spots (camo I ordered was for a BNVD-SG ). Not a big deal.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 2:35:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Went out to the range for a few hours with my new Sordins.

Ordered the Axl Rac Link Kit as soon as I got home.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

you'll be glad you did I think.  Like I said, i went through the exact same progression.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#25]

you'll be glad you did I think.  Like I said, i went through the exact same progression.
View Quote

I like the idea of the ops core style flip, but that being said the traditional peltor makes more sense to me.

You can pop them out a little bit and still head comms and easily push back close to your ears for protection. Also if you have them popped out you don’t have to worry about them as easily snagging a branch or whatever like the ops core would be.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By dalynchmob:
My Nocorium camo wraps came in, I went with the tropical multicam. Easy to install, although my housing differed slightly so I had to tweak a couple spots (camo I ordered was for a BNVD-SG ). Not a big deal.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/339025/20220112_011421_jpg-2237825.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/339025/20220112_011236_jpg-2237826.JPG

View Quote

looks good!  Arid is in stock right now, I'm thinking about buying it even though my other stuff is regular MC.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:28:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terrato] [#27]

View All Quotes

When I went to the range the other night,  it turned out that three of my buddies with NV had tried the Unity arms and adapters for their Sordins. All found them lacking and have since upgraded to the OpsCore + Axl setup.

This is what we call a clue...
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Fenric:

I like the idea of the ops core style flip, but that being said the traditional peltor makes more sense to me.

You can pop them out a little bit and still head comms and easily push back close to your ears for protection. Also if you have them popped out you don’t have to worry about them as easily snagging a branch or whatever like the ops core would be.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fenric:

I rarely pop my ops-core arms wide open, they stick out way too far. What I usually do is just rotate them up partially and stick them against the helmet right at the rail. Its close enough I can pull the cups back down quickly if needed but out of the way enough I can leave them there for a bit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Those look great!
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:22:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#30]
Upgraded to Wilcox G24 and Noisefighters J Arm.
World of difference compared to USGI Rhino...
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#31]
When I went to the range the other night,  it turned out that three of my buddies with NV had tried the Unity arms and adapters for their Sordins. All found them lacking and have since upgraded to the OpsCore + Axl setup.

This is what we call a clue...
View Quote

wow, yeah I'd say!
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought it'd be fun to try the DIY MATBOCK eclipses. I used a thread in UV lens for a sacrificial lens, then put the iris and butler creek cap on. I didn't get too precise, I used a razor blade to cut the notches for the iris adjustment. I also used electric tape to secure the butler creek cap to the BNVD. Then I covered that with some left over nocorium wrap. They function great, and don't look completely jerry rigged (I'm back to being a poor after the BNVD's ).

I also had to change out my bungees, the ones that came on the helmet were too tight and one of them busted off, luckily it didn't break my housing. I made new bungees and loosened them a bit, should be gtg now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I just got their wrap for my PVS-14.  What I received is different from their install video.  

It also didn't come with a wrap for the battery cover. So odd that would not be included, appears it is part of the push button pvs-14 wrap according to the videos so it's a bummer that it's not included for this kit. Cool product, i like the material, but I'm kinda left scratching my head on a couple things and there are a couple small rounds that don't fit anywhere (unless they were meant to be extras).
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I just got their wrap for my PVS-14.  What I received is different from their install video.  It also didn't come with a wrap for the battery cover. So odd that would not be included, appears it is part of the push button pvs-14 wrap according to the videos so it's a bummer that it's not included for this kit. Cool product, i like the material, but I'm kinda left scratching my head on a couple things and there are a couple small rounds that don't fit anywhere (unless they were meant to be extras).
View Quote

Not sure which color scheme you ordered but if it's any of these , they're as easily applied as any other wrap I've ever used. If you own a heat gun and spend a little time trimming the "Gear Skins" to what you want wrapped - these come out fantastic! If you happen to screw it up, peel it right off and retry. No sticky residue or anything. I know this is a helmet thread but I've done like 25 mags, an entire rifle and this quick job with creases on an Ops-Core Bump.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

Not sure which color scheme you ordered but if it's any of these , they're as easily applied as any other wrap I've ever used. If you own a heat gun and spend a little time trimming the "Gear Skins" to what you want wrapped - these come out fantastic! If you happen to screw it up, peel it right off and retry. No sticky residue or anything. I know this is a helmet thread but I've done like 25 mags, an entire rifle and this quick job with creases on an Ops-Core Bump.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/20201030_074058_jpg-2250095.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/Screenshot_20210531-194224_Motion_photo_-2250096.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/Screenshot_20220112-151913_Gallery_jpg-2250097.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/Screenshot_20220112-151744_Gallery_jpg-2250098.JPG
View Quote

cool.  helmet actually looks pretty cool
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Edit @KM223
View Quote

Just a heads up there are 2 in the ee right now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:35:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

I’m new at this…
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

We all start somewhere. Looks good all mounted up doesn't it? Haven't seen one of those lights in some time. Not a true "specs" guy myself but how'd you make out with that one? GP or WP?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#39]

We all start somewhere. Looks good all mounted up doesn't it? Haven't seen one of those lights in some time. Not a true "specs" guy myself but how'd you make out with that one? GP or WP?
View Quote

It’s WP Elbit from JRH. I love it so far.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

cool, what light is that?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Streamlight sidewinder
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Cowbell:

Streamlight sidewinder
View Quote

Yes the sidewinder 2 not fancy but it does work well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Thurman_Murman_74:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cowbell:

Streamlight sidewinder

I want to try out one of the new stalks
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#44]
It’s WP Elbit from JRH. I love it so far.
View Quote

Robert is a great dude! Congrats!

Your next feat is to try and take a pic thru your tube with your cell phone! It definitely takes some practice but we look forward to seeing the world thru your PVS14 next! "Live Free or Die"brother! ....
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:

Edit @KM223

I’m too poor but thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Robert is a great dude! Congrats!

Your next feat is to try and take a pic thru your tube with your cell phone! It definitely takes some practice but we look forward to seeing the world thru your PVS14 next! "Live Free or Die"brother! ....
View Quote

These make photos/video super easy

Cell Phone Adapter Mount

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Luny421:
These make photos/video super easy

Cell Phone Adapter Mount

www.amazon.com/dp/B013D2ULO6
View Quote

Please show me what setup looks like on NODs ?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
PVS-14 HP+ Tubes originally from JRH bought on the EE here with dovetail mounts and FLIR Breach with mount.

BNVD HP+ Tubes from NVD/JRH

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v492/Bamashooter/20211229_150111.jpg
View Quote

@Bama-Shooter  how do you like the bnvds, im about half walf through my wait for the same setup. What helmet is that you're using with them. I need to be ordering my other gear.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Slowly moving gear over from the old lid to the new. Going from an Exfil Ballistic 2.0 to an Exfil Ballistic SL 3.0.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top