Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone have a pic of the retention on BNVD’s? Getting pretty close here, and it looks like they may not have them… hoping they’re in the back like 31’s.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNW:
Does anyone have a pic of the retention on BNVD’s? Getting pretty close here, and it looks like they may not have them… hoping they’re in the back like 31’s.
View Quote

not sure what you mean... thee is no retention system built in but there are a couple of points you can mount something like the Wilcox lanyard or use a bungee time system  like the nerds. good practice to use something to keep your BNVDs from going bye-bye...
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

There are plastic hoops on the side of each eyepiece
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 10:23:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#7]
View Quote

Here you go. Grabbed some split-rings and mini-biners off of Amazon, and DIY'd the bungee's.

Edit: These are BNVD-SG from NVD - since there are a trillion things called BNVD.

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

Here you go. Grabbed some split-rings and mini-biners off of Amazon, and DIY'd the bungee's.

Edit: These are BNVD-SG from NVD - since there are a trillion things called BNVD.

https://i.imgur.com/J51N6QW.jpg
View Quote

Thanks, weird spot for the retention, does it pull them out or up? I’ve got the black bungee with the closing clasp on all of my ops cores so I’ll be using the key ring, just worried about it pulling them up or out.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Thanks, weird spot for the retention, does it pull them out or up? I’ve got the black bungee with the closing clasp on all of my ops cores so I’ll be using the key ring, just worried about it pulling them up or out.
View Quote

Nope, pulls them down. If you depress the plunger, they move down a smidge. If you push up (mount is pretty tight but has about 1mm of play between the Pin and U-Notch) they get pulled back down.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

Nope, pulls them down. If you depress the plunger, they move down a smidge. If you push up (mount is pretty tight but has about 1mm of play between the Pin and U-Notch) they get pulled back down.  
View Quote

So once you have them set, it doesn’t mess with their positioning?

Thanks, only have experience with 15’s and 31’s so this seems like a weird place for the loop.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 2:38:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#11]

So once you have them set, it doesn’t mess with their positioning?

Thanks, only have experience with 15’s and 31’s so this seems like a weird place for the loop.
View Quote

No movement at all. The Pod hinges are super-robust, they don't move unless you want them to. I built the bungees so there is very little tension when the pods are articulated up (longevity), and a good bit as you bring them down - being DIY, you can make the tension whatever you want.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Like others have said, there are some attachment points on the side towards the back of the housing.Assuming we’re talking about the BNVD-SG from NVD.
I prefer the NERD from Kinetic Consulting on my BNVD-SG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#13]
My poor mans NV set up

1865/1792 fom pvs 14s then swap out the left for a Breach watching for yotes and watching 100 other creatures roam around at night.

1st upgrade will be either an iray or if I get real crazy a nox 18.  Attachment Attached File

The breach works well for knowing something is moving out there but I have to transition to my rifle to see what it is, I’d rather not have to do that so often.

Although the yote that popped out about 30 yards away last night was clear as day!  Not usually that close.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Vonbongo:
My poor mans NV set up
1865/1792 fom pvs 14s then swap out the left for a Breach watching for yotes and watching 100 other creatures roam around at night.
1st upgrade will be either an iray or if I get real crazy a nox 18.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185708/45972608-59AF-4139-905C-C98F4DE36A10_jpe-2158834.JPG
The breach works well for knowing something is moving out there but I have to transition to my rifle to see what it is, I’d rather not have to do that so often.
Although the yote that popped out about 30 yards away last night was clear as day!  Not usually that close.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185708/E7B9C9CF-3CB7-41A2-876A-4D7375AAFD96_jpe-2158839.JPG
View Quote

Always wanted to see (and feel - vertigo?) the view behind a setup like this. The brain must kick into 4 Low to process what the eyes are telling it....
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 2:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: topgunshooter] [#15]

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 3:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#16]
Originally Posted By topgunshooter:
To the guys doing peltor arc rails/walker hearing protection conversion, how are you getting the headphones in close to your ears?
My set of earphones sit like an inch away from my ears when installed on my ops Corp bump helmet.
View Quote

On the Peltor's with attachments, they do sit a tad away from your ears on purpose to back them off for an ear breather. All you do is push them in at the rail and they make a "snap" into place toward your head. Not sure if the Unity ones work the same.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:28:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: afd77] [#17]
To the guys doing peltor arc rails/walker hearing protection conversion, how are you getting the headphones in close to your ears?

My set of earphones sit like an inch away from my ears when installed on my ops Corp bump helmet.

View Quote

You sure those are installed correctly?  I don’t remember mine hanging that far down below the rail.  Seemed like they were higher on the rail.  It almost looks like they are on upside down, which would throw the angle off.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/20/2021 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By afd77:

You sure those are installed correctly?  I don't remember mine hanging that far down below the rail.  Seemed like they were higher on the rail.  It almost looks like they are on upside down, which would throw the angle off.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/139249/75B2E98F-05B3-43D7-8C82-03BDC1BE2366_png-2174332.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By afd77:

You sure those are installed correctly?  I don't remember mine hanging that far down below the rail.  Seemed like they were higher on the rail.  It almost looks like they are on upside down, which would throw the angle off.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/139249/75B2E98F-05B3-43D7-8C82-03BDC1BE2366_png-2174332.JPG

Yep that was it thanks bro. My bad on my part.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#19]
TNV/PVS-14 L3 Harris Un-Filmed White Phosphor
Phokus Research Hoplite
Wilcox L4 G24
Wilcox powered J-arm
Team Wendy Exfil Carbon
TNVC Mohawk Mk1 (Gen 2), MultiCam Arid
Unity Spark
IRF GOON patch, MultiCam Arid

2004 TOYOTA Land Cruiser

[

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#20]
AOR2 gang...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Sweeet helmet.

Where might one procure a head like that one?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Still need another IR head for the m300, illuminator on the RNVG does most what I need aside from a ceiling spill.

PSX_20211120_212833 by Jacob Brightman, on Flickr" />

PSX_20211120_212939 by Jacob Brightman, on Flickr" />

PSX_20211121_110202 by Jacob Brightman, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Sweeet helmet.

Where might one procure a head like that one?
View Quote

Army/Navy surplus store.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:29:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#24]
View Quote

Currently have 2 High End IR Heads I'll donate if you'll let me rock that Helmet setup for a weekend?

Killer Flickr page too! We run some similar gear from what I see in those quality shots....
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:52:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#25]

Finally get to post.

Katana/Echo Tubes
2168/2173
67/67
32.36/32.43
Not really any blems worth mentioning. Pretty happy. I have a ton of time on 15’s and 31’s so I’m looking forward to seeing how these compare. Weird going back to a diopter adjustment.

Helmet is an old Ops-Core LBH I repainted/re-Velcro’d. Peltors are an old set, Wilcox was a spare, Manta is old. Was pretty nice to just have to worry about the nods. The old pads smelled pretty bad so I put fresh epic air pads in too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:07:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Terrato] [#26]
TNVC un-filmed WP PVS-14 in MC
OpsCore FAST bump helmet
Norotos INVG Hyper + DDA
Act in Black bikini covers
Mohawk
Nerd
Spark

I really like how close to the helmet this mount stows the NVG vs. the Rhino 2 I've used previously.

Maybe if I've been good, Santa will bring me a helmet light for Christmas...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#27]
First foray into NV (but been using thermals for a couple years now). Night fighter setup from Steele with a WP XLS tube and TW bump. Added a few things and can't wait to take out to my friend's ranch next weekend for some night hunting!

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone using a Raptor Tactical Sentinel Gen 2?

I’m considering buying one to replace my Crye NiteCap.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm not at all happy with the MTEK M-LOK rails on my HHV. Do aftermarket ARC rails fit the same holes?
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ashiha:
I'm not at all happy with the MTEK M-LOK rails on my HHV. Do aftermarket ARC rails fit the same holes?
View Quote

I wouldn't think so, but someone will know for sure. If it's just for AMP Arms, you can modify the ARC Clip to work (It's basically the Free version of Unity adapters) - but if you're talking about sliding in lights and stuff, yea, not as nice.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 5:34:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GSDAK47] [#31]
New Cadex mount, otherwise same old same old.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 8:38:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#32]
Not a helmet technically

Would like to set up a helmet for these soon that said with the counter weight this is actually pretty comfortable with 2 14s

Crye night cap, TNVC Non powered bridge mount and Chinese g24 mount which actually seems to working out really well so far even the break away

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 10:31:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#33]
deleted
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Current set up.

Finally got the Lola for the modlite, pretty happy with it so far.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#35]

@PFran42 I saw you have a OpsCore SF and MT (very nice setups) do you feel the SF is worth $500 more then the MT?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:48:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Vonbongo:
My poor mans NV set up

1st upgrade will be either an iray or if I get real crazy a nox 18.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185708/45972608-59AF-4139-905C-C98F4DE36A10_jpe-2158834.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185708/E7B9C9CF-3CB7-41A2-876A-4D7375AAFD96_jpe-2158839.JPG
View Quote

You mean smart man, not poor man.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Update with the ChAMP arms

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#38]

Great rig. Nice rattlecan job on the NODs/mount.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Sorry if I missed it, but what bridge are you using and what are your thoughts? I have two -14s (so my wife can join) that I'd like to run dual when I can.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

Sorry if I missed it, but what bridge are you using and what are your thoughts? I have two -14s (so my wife can join) that I'd like to run dual when I can.
View Quote

Sorry, I should have notated it. It’s a Modarmory lightweight bridge that has more material taken out of it. I’m sorry, it’s been a while and I don’t reminder all of the details and it’s not on their website anymore. Iirc it’s pretty dang light. When it first came out it was by far the lightest. I think it still one of the lightest.

Sorry I can’t give you a direction on where to get one. I absolutely love my dual 14’s. I don’t mind the weight. I love being able to break them apart.  My wife and I go hiking with them all of the time and it’s great.

The only thing I’d consider selling it for is that new pano bridge. Maybe. Lol.

You could always buy a lightweight bridge and have a machine shop take some material out of it maybe?
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 1:03:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:

Great rig. Nice rattlecan job on the NODs/mount.
View Quote

Thank you!  At first I was a tad nervous but then I just said F it. It’s a tool and it needs to blend. Plus I can tell my wife that I can’t sell them now because no one will want them because they are painted lol.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 1:34:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AIWB:

Thank you!  At first I was a tad nervous but then I just said F it. It’s a tool and it needs to blend. Plus I can tell my wife that I can’t sell them now because no one will want them because they are painted lol.
View Quote

My man! I like the way you think!
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#43]

Sorry, I should have notated it. It's a Modarmory lightweight bridge that has more material taken out of it. I'm sorry, it's been a while and I don't reminder all of the details and it's not on their website anymore. Iirc it's pretty dang light. When it first came out it was by far the lightest. I think it still one of the lightest.

Sorry I can't give you a direction on where to get one. I absolutely love my dual 14's. I don't mind the weight. I love being able to break them apart.  My wife and I go hiking with them all of the time and it's great.

The only thing I'd consider selling it for is that new pano bridge. Maybe. Lol.

You could always buy a lightweight bridge and have a machine shop take some material out of it maybe?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

Sorry, I should have notated it. It's a Modarmory lightweight bridge that has more material taken out of it. I'm sorry, it's been a while and I don't reminder all of the details and it's not on their website anymore. Iirc it's pretty dang light. When it first came out it was by far the lightest. I think it still one of the lightest.

Sorry I can't give you a direction on where to get one. I absolutely love my dual 14's. I don't mind the weight. I love being able to break them apart.  My wife and I go hiking with them all of the time and it's great.

The only thing I'd consider selling it for is that new pano bridge. Maybe. Lol.

I had a mod armory D14 lightweight. Comparison to my RNVG. Batteries included. They are still on their website.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 4:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AIWB] [#44]

That’s what they start out as. Mine have additional material removed. Look closer at the arms that actually hold the 14’s.  I mean, they aren’t really a ton lighter, but weight savings is weight savings. Plus they kinda look cool, which we all know is what really matters lol

Like I mentioned, I’ll bet a machine should could take additional material off of the arms to make it like mine. If one were so I inclined.

With Energizer Lithium’s installed. They’d be a couple of tenths lighter without the NVinc glass protectors on them
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#45]

That’s what they start out as. Mine have additional material removed. Look closer at the arms that actually hold the 14’s.  I mean, they aren’t really a ton lighter, but weight savings is weight savings. Plus they kinda look cool, which we all know is what really matters lol

Like I mentioned, I’ll bet a machine should could take additional material off of the arms to make it like mine. If one were so I inclined.

With Energizer Lithium’s installed. They’d be a couple of tenths lighter without the NVinc glass protectors on them
https://i.imgur.com/RqRprPH.jpg
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/RqRprPH.jpg

I noticed. Just sharing some info/link
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Been drooling over this thread since I first started browsing the tech forums in 2012. Finally decided to get into the game .

American Blast Systems IIIA helmet
Chinese g24
WP XLS BNVD

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

First update will be a real g24, second will be a unity riser for the eotech, and third will be getting a laser. My first thought is getting an ATPIAL-C for my mk18 clone. Since my mk18 is not 100% clone kosher, I may say screw it and get something I deem better.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quick update to my ballistic setup. Nothing crazy except a few skins from Matbock! Their PVS31a skins with battery pack skin are incredible quality and the Ops Core Amp prototype skins they made for me are next level! For anyone looking for some of the best gear in the Industry you owe it to yourself to look into Matbock. And besides who doesn’t like looking at NVG gear!!

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

It might work, but it's not easily reversible, whereas tape can be ripped off quickly.

I really dig the brown tape trick, better than what we're doing with electrical tape.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
Originally Posted By andrewz71:

Wow you guys have all sorts of knowledge, tips and tricks.  

Would it be worth trying Spray tint that is used on tail lights and such?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/110900176930-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

It might work, but it's not easily reversible, whereas tape can be ripped off quickly.

I really dig the brown tape trick, better than what we're doing with electrical tape.

late to this topic but thanks for this.  I have the same nitecore and its unusable when we train indoors. faaaaar too bright.  going to try taping.
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top