Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 145
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:34:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Claytonhoneyberry] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shooter_556:
Or to show it’s the person and the training with your equipment that gets you proficient, not just high specs.

You are the weapon
View Quote

That’s what I was trying to say above, but kinda failed at!
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 1:06:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

Yes they are.

Unfortunately they are not inexpensive, but we do have some in-stock and available (not the website at this time, you will have to e-mail to order):

6-Cell GPS Battery Pack (no cable included): $2,875.00

7-Pin to 7-Pin Cable (Battery Pack to ECOTI only): $725.00

7-Pin to 7-Pin/BNVD Split Cable (Battery Pack to ECOTI & BNVS/BNVD compatible NVD - e.g., PVS-31, GPNVG): $1,900.00

~Augee
View Quote
"not inexpensive" may be the understatement of the year. almost 5K for a battery and cable.

Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:33:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Are Wilcox L4G30s in demand?
I just got my hands on one but don't see using it.
View Quote

I seem to recall that some people prefer them.

@TNVC_Augee
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:53:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#7]
@TNVC_Augee

I believe the following picture might be an old photo of Victor’s setup.

I’m about to buy a Surefire V1 to helmet mount on a pic rail. I noticed that the traditional ring mounts don’t seem to fit properly due to the raised area on light body for the pocket clip.

If anyone can confirm that it still works, let me know. I see a bit of a gap around the light body in this picture. If anyone has a better way of getting it to work please let me know.

I completely understand the V1 is a handheld, but the features to me are worth trying to adapt to helmet use. Worst case, I may just buy a regular scout body for the head.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Mohawk, AMPs, M340V on a Variarc, MPLS, DTNVGS, G24, and some 4D pads make life good. And when life is cold, a Unity cold weather liner.

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd just like to state for the record that my bank account is going to hate me because of you all.  I have been contemplating NV for a while now.  Have a helmet and everything but NV was one of those "Unicorns" that has eluded me and I thought I had it under control but!!  Now I am fully committed to doing my homework and figuring out what is best for me, what works, and what is fluff.  TNVC has a couple good options as does Nocturnally.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 1:40:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#12]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

My apologies @French1966

I must have missed this somehow.

Yes, the V1 body can be used with ring mounts a) assuming the mount has enough adjustability, and b) you remove the pocket clip, however, as you’ve noticed, the fit will be somewhat imperfect. It is usually okay with a light, as it doesn’t have to hold zero and isn’t usually under a great deal of stress, however you will have some gaps and imperfect engagement.

I do not have one mounted in a VTAC mount, but I do have one in an old Ops-Core polymer ring on one of my backup to the backup to the backup helmets (I end up with a lot of lids… ).

That being said, the V1 is not only one of my favorite helmet lights, but also my EDC light, one is in my pocket as I type this.

On most of my helmets and in most cases, however, they end up with different bodies, you can get a straight up Surefire or Arisaka M300/M340 body, or you can use something like the ECHO Arms low profile light body or S&S M-Ax mount, which makes for a great helmet illumination solution.

~Augee
View Quote

Thanks @TNVC_Augee

Based on your recommendations I decided to buy a regular scout body for my V1 to make it a little easier to deal with. Bought a arisaka 300 body, QD scout mount, and Thyrm VariArc as my helmet light setup (qd for pulling off and using as a handheld when needed)
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 3:44:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldbrowndog] [#13]
Attachment Attached File

L3 UF WP DTNVS, Ops Core FAST SF Ballistic with the worm dial, Ops Core AMPs, S&S Precision M-AX/M300V combo, Princeton Tec MPLS on the far side, G24, IR and Green S&S V-lite's, and a Mohawk Mk1 for counterweight

Waiting on the TSC so I can run a 31A battery pack.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone know of a company that makes Team Wendy helmet covers besides TW and Agilite? My google-fu sucks trying to find some.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#15]
A and a tac
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:
Does anyone know of a company that makes Team Wendy helmet covers besides TW and Agilite? My google-fu sucks trying to find some.
View Quote

Don't own a TW Lid nor a HHV, but their Covers fit just about any High Cut helmet and fit my Shellback Tactical Ballistic perfectly!
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
A and a tac
View Quote

Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

Don't own a TW Lid nor a HHV, but their Covers fit just about any High Cut helmet and fit my Shellback Tactical Ballistic perfectly!
View Quote

Thanks for the help, gentlemen!
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 10:49:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TPDavis] [#18]
Originally Posted By Claytonhoneyberry:
View Quote

Defense Mechanisms also has TW covers...that said I ended up getting an Agilite cover and am happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Can finally post up in this thread... Here is my semi-minimalist setup.

L3 UF WP DTNVS w/ LW lens, TW exfil Bump, S&S Precision M-AX/M300V combo, Princeton Tec MPLS (modded factory mount), G24, Nitecore NU05 ir/green strobe, MC Black Mohawk Mk1

Waiting on the Ops amp arms w/axl & unity adapters & ballistic fuzz to mount my Sordans, 4D pads should be here tomorrow.

Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 9:44:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: andrewz71] [#22]

Um... That seems to have every needed tool on it. What about it makes it minimalist? I think the only thing you're missing is a COTI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By andrewz71:

L3 UF WP DTNVS w/ LW lens, TW exfil Bump, S&S Precision M-AX/M300V combo, Princeton Tec MPLS (modded factory mount), G24, Nitecore NU05 ir/green strobe, MC Black Mohawk Mk1

Waiting on the Ops amp arms w/axl & unity adapters & ballistic fuzz to mount my Sordans, 4D pads should be here tomorrow.

https://i.imgur.com/jmCRgGp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ERMdxlf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SvONEUj.jpg

Um... That seems to have every needed tool on it. What about it makes it minimalist? I think the only thing you're missing is a COTI

Just trying to keep stuff on my helmet minimized, such as no helmet cover, external battery pack. Also trying to keep the stuff on my helmet as compact and weight efficient as I can.  Such as the Nitecore vs a hel-star 6, the M300v combo vs a x300v with mount.  Mpls vs pro. But with that said I’m tempted to order a Hel-star 4 or 5.  

Hopefully once the ops amp arms and ear pro goes on I should be able to remove the last of the counter weights.

Thanks for the tips on the nitecore using tape to tone it down.

Link Posted: 10/10/2021 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
Would recommend having some black tape or something handy, that nitecore is stupidly bright and makes it hard to work around you if you have buddies with NVGs.
It's also not quite as good battery life as advertised. We were averaging 6.5hrs per charge.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. I have 2. I like em a lot
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Thanks for the heads up. I have 2. I like em a lot
View Quote

That translucent brown packing tape can be added, 1 layer at a time, to take the edge off. If you need more run time and have the room, one of those 5,000 mAh power sources that look like an 18650 can power it for a week (it works while "charging"). I have mine top-dead-center, makes one hell of an umbrella light.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

That translucent brown packing tape can be added, 1 layer at a time, to take the edge off. If you need more run time and have the room, one of those 5,000 mAh power sources that look like an 18650 can power it for a week (it works while "charging"). I have mine top-dead-center, makes one hell of an umbrella light.
View Quote

Wow you guys have all sorts of knowledge, tips and tricks.  

Would it be worth trying Spray tint that is used on tail lights and such?

Link Posted: 10/11/2021 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Definitely doesn't have enough pieces of flair.  I mean, only 3 patches?  C'mon.

I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I feel shame since I have no patches on my helmet
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 6:02:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#28]

https://i.imgur.com/jmCRgGp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ERMdxlf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SvONEUj.jpg
View Quote
I must say - you seem to be a man of taste and culture in terms of rifle configuration and silencer choice.

That 10.5 barrel + urx4 10.0 + sico saker DT + aimpoint on a fast mount combo is the perfect setup imo. I have my can rocksett on with an h3 buffer and the superlative gas block all the open on bleed off. It's a smooth shooter.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ELPerdido:
I feel shame since I have no patches on my helmet
View Quote

Custom patches are best patches

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Would it be worth trying Spray tint that is used on tail lights and such?

View Quote

Give it a try and report back - it's only $25 if you completely destroy it - which I don't see happening, with paint.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
+1 internets to you sir!
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 7:59:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#33]
Debating on Wilcox G24 and J arm.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#34]

There's no debate, Do it it's a 100% improvement over the usgi mount.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By flashbag:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By flashbag:

or get a shoe adapted rhino 2 and wilcox J arm for half the price.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Anyone rocking the ACH from Kota? Any reason not to? I know its not an ops core or TW but the price is right. Other option currently considered is the Ops-Core FAST SX High Cut Ballistic Helmet from AU, although 2.5 times the price. Any other options in this price range?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 1:41:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: afd77] [#38]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
Anyone rocking the ACH from Kota? Any reason not to? I know its not an ops core or TW but the price is right. Other option currently considered is the Ops-Core FAST SX High Cut Ballistic Helmet from AU, although 2.5 times the price. Any other options in this price range?
View Quote

The OpsCore SX is a known quality helmet, but it’s a bit on the heavy side, especially compared to the SF.  The Kota is likely made in China.  They are around the same weight, but you will get a better suspension, better pads, and better rails and shroud on the OpsCore.  You will probably want to upgrade the pads in both, but the fake OCC dial in the Kota is garbage and the rails are junk.  I couldn’t get 3M Peltor adapters to stay in the rail without popping out on the Kota rails.  The NV shroud on the Kota is basically pot metal.  By the time you replace the suspension, shroud, and rails on the Kota, you’ll be a lot closer to the price of the SX.  

ETA:  As far as other options, I’ve heard good things about the Shellback high cut helmet.  Still on the heavy side though.  There were early complaints about G24 mounts not working on their shrouds, but they come with Wilcox shrouds now.  Looks like it has a BOA type suspension similar to TW.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#39]
I finally get to post here. My budget rig:

-American Blast System IIIA helmet, $199
-One Tigris Helmet cover, $15
-Norotos Rhino II, surplus store, $20
-Generic Battery pouch counterweight, $12
-Surefire helmet light, surplus store, $45
-Heavy duty key thether, $12
-Nitecore IR/Green strobe, $30
-Blackbeard IR patch, (I bought this after I camped at Ocracoke), $13
-Custom ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ patch, $8

$342 total.

PVS-14, Photonis ECHO, JRH Enterprise

I have just a tick over $3,000 in this rig. I know it’s not the most high speed rig, but it fit my budget and makes a great ‘gateway drug’ into the NV world. No more NV envy for me.

Link Posted: 10/25/2021 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:

Nice!

Where did you get the "Lets go Brandon" patch?
View Quote

I had them custom made by a guy on Amazon. They came out very nice:

Amazon link
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#42]
QQ where do I get IR Betsy Ross flags?
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
View Quote

Patch Panel will make just about anything you want

https://patchpanel.ca/collections/flags
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
View Quote

The guys who did my Blackbeard flag do a Betsy Ross IR too:

Betsy Ross IR Patch
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd rather not buy anything from Chyna

These guys are Boss

https://tacticalgearjunkie.com/collections/ir-patches
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd rather not buy anything from Chyna

These guys are Boss

https://tacticalgearjunkie.com/collections/ir-patches
View Quote

Patch Panel is Canadian, but hey, nobody’s perfect
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

Patch Panel is Canadian, but hey, nobody’s perfect
View Quote

I was referring to the Amazon link in a post just above mine
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#48]

I was referring to the Amazon link in a post just above mine
View Quote

I know, it was a joke (albeit apparently poorly executed) about Canadians
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#49]

Now THAT is some serious Rattle Can work right there man! I don't dare go that route but that is a a great job!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#50]
New bump helmet showed up today. DLP Tactical ImpaX Advance AF Pattern Bump Helmet with helmet cover. Like the additional rear coverage (compared to the previous bump helmet. Not too impressed with the generic padding, but the suspension system is top notch. Might have to invest in something more comfortable than foam blocks.

Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top