Site Notices
Page / 145
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigJimmyRustler:

How do you like it?
View Quote

I think its pretty nice. I bought their reach pouch with it as well (its very affordable). It has the loop from the back up the middle with shock cord which is nice so you dont need to but a mohawk or something else to mount lights/tethers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an extra Agilite in MultiCam, Size 1 (Med/Lg), with rear pouch. IM your address and I’ll send it to you to try out, see if you like it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SIASL:
I have an extra Agilite in MultiCam, Size 1 (Med/Lg), with rear pouch. IM your address and I’ll send it to you to try out, see if you like it.
View Quote

Where were you when I was waiting four months for my Agilite?

The agilites are nice, fit snug, plenty of velcro and shock cord for attachments. Rear pouch also has some little pockets for lead bars built in as well as battery loops.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Cowbell:

The agilites are nice, fit snug, plenty of velcro and shock cord for attachments. Rear pouch also has some little pockets for lead bars built in as well as battery loops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SIASL:

They are nice. Only reason I didn’t use it was for the PVS-31 battery pack. The pack didn’t fit the pouch very well, the beacon switch wasn’t handy and the stretch points for the cover went over the IR beacons. If the pouch worked better with the pack I’d still be using it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:
Finally got to run this for a night with some PVS-31s from a good friend. The AMP arms are the truth, really dig the positioning of my admin light, and the Licentia Arms counterweight pouch did what I needed it to do. All in all, super happy with this lid.

https://i.imgur.com/PnG3xX3l.jpg

photo by Heart & Fist
View Quote

can you run the AMP arms with other hearing protection like Peltor or MSA Sordin?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:47:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firepyro515] [#6]
Originally Posted By jharpphoto:

can you run the AMP arms with other hearing protection like Peltor or MSA Sordin?
View Quote

Yes, you would just have to use the AXL RAC links. I'm using AMP arms with Howard Leight Impact sports, which are not the best hearing protection to use, but they were the extras I had lying around at the time. Going to probably swap them out for Sordins or Comtacs sometime soon.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:
Finally got to run this for a night with some PVS-31s from a good friend. The AMP arms are the truth, really dig the positioning of my admin light, and the Licentia Arms counterweight pouch did what I needed it to do. All in all, super happy with this lid.

https://i.imgur.com/PnG3xX3l.jpg

photo by Heart & Fist

https://www.axladvanced.com/products/rac-link

Just make sure you turn the little plastic "X"s the correct way.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Got lucky and found a S&S Precision M-Ax with KM1 head. Lovin' how tight the mount pulls the light in. Much more low profile than the X300V/Thyrm VariArc I was running.

Attachment Attached File

Hopefully, no more tearing up any more gel earcups when stowing the ear pro. Check out the difference in stand-off height.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Is the KM1 head with one CR123 battery a lot weaker than the X300V or do I just get shorter runtimes?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:31:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: liaisons] [#9]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Got lucky and found a S&S Precision M-Ax with KM1 head. Lovin' how tight the mount pulls the light in. Much more low profile than the X300V/Thyrm VariArc I was running.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210428_212738729_jpg-1922599.JPG

Hopefully, no more tearing up any more gel earcups when stowing the ear pro. Check out the difference in stand-off height.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210428_213019782_jpg-1922600.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210428_212942232_jpg-1922601.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210428_213424941_jpg-1922602.JPG

Is the KM1 head with one CR123 battery a lot weaker than the X300V or do I just get shorter runtimes?
View Quote

IR Output for the KM1-E is 100 mW for 6 hours.  The X300V is 120 mW for 16.75 hours.

Looks great.  I love my similar setup with S&S M-Ax

I have the KM1-D (SF V1) and it has a low/high IR (and white light).  The low IR output is 5 mW @ 57 hours and is nice for navigation/hiking.  IR high is also 100 mW and SF says 20.5 hours for high IR.  Not sure why this is advertised as higher than the KM1-E.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By liaisons:

IR Output for the KM1-E is 100 mW for 6 hours.  The X300V is 120 mW for 16.75 hours.

Looks great.  I love my similar setup with S&S M-Ax

I have the KM1-D (SF V1) and it has a low/high IR (and white light).  The low IR output is 5 mW @ 57 hours and is nice for navigation/hiking.  IR high is also 100 mW and SF says 20.5 hours for high IR.  Not sure why this is advertised as higher than the KM1-E.
View Quote

Good info. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Forgot to add. The guy who sold me the S&S M-Ax w/KM1-E head still has a few still available:

https://www.tacswap.com/post/60368192d5e155000a484421
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Forgot to add. The guy who sold me the S&S M-Ax w/KM1-E head still has a few still available:

https://www.tacswap.com/post/60368192d5e155000a484421
View Quote
looks like their gone. how many roses he asking?
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
looks like their gone. how many roses he asking?
View Quote

Four. Solid deal given new still in sealed in package condition. Bonus points for shipping from Little Creek and the USPS box smelling like hair gel.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
And if you don't have lead bars, the pouch is sized nicely that you can put the appropriate amount of 9mm ammo in a plastic bag wrapped in duct tape in it for a counterweight
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:06:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
And if you don't have lead bars, the pouch is sized nicely that you can put the appropriate amount of 9mm ammo in a plastic bag wrapped in duct tape in it for a counterweight
View Quote

Everyone who didn't prepare for our current ammo situation is punching the air at the thought of you using 9mm as a counterweight
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
View Quote

Dunno if they’ll fit in this pouch but I’ve used a couple of old chemlight tubes filled with #8 shot. Worked good in my situation.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I literally use a full glock 19 mag for a counterweight in my work rig lol.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
I literally use a full glock 19 mag for a counterweight in my work rig lol.
View Quote

That's actually a great idea.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Until you need it and then your NODs are riding low the rest of the night🤣
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KM223:

View All Quotes

Oh god here we go again.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Oh god here we go again.
View Quote

Relax. It’s a joke
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

I am issued 8 rifle and 5 pistol mags. If I'm in a situation where I need that last pistol mag, those rounds are the least of my concern lol
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#23]

I am issued 8 rifle and 5 pistol mags. If I'm in a situation where I need that last pistol mag, those rounds are the least of my concern lol
View Quote

Again, it’s a joke. With that said lead bars are cheap and malleable to the contours of your helmet. G19 mags aren’t.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Again, it’s a joke. With that said lead bars are cheap and malleable to the contours of your helmet. G19 mags aren’t.
View All Quotes

I know. I totally forgot my lead weight at home when I brought my mohawk!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Relax. It’s a joke
View All Quotes

Oh god here we go again.

Relax. It’s a joke

I know 🤣
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:57:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mr2143] [#26]
Originally Posted By Defaultmp3:
https://i.imgur.com/LxAK1Xbl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yy9HPbDl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/C8QK8Gpl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/I2XhZtzl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UsHhbU4l.jpg

RNVG with 22UA tubes (FOM: 2318/2326, SNR: 32.2/32.3, center resolution: 72 lp/mm, EBI: 0.1/0.2, halo 0.7/0.7, no blems other than very slight peppering)
Vectronix COTI
Dark Focus Concepts FRS
Wilcox G24
Ops-Core FAST SF
Ops-Core FAST SF Helmet Cover
Ops-Core AMP
Ops-Core AMP Arms
4D Tactical Zero G DELUXE Retrofit Combat Liner
TNVC Mohawk MK2 Gen 2
Spiritus System Lid Snake
NVI Battery Battle Pack
CORE Survival HEL-STAR 6 HS-620-03
Team Wendy large lead weight
Aneco tungsten weights
Thyrm VariArc
SureFire M340V
Princeton Tec Charge Pro

Without the 4D Pads, I was definitely getting a bit of a hot spot at the very top of my head, albeit a mild one that didn't get worse once it started.

I'm not sure about the large TW lead weight; I had pulled it from the TW counterweight kit (so leaving 1 lb in the rest of the kit, put it on my Exfil SAR Tactical), and it's a mild improvement for when the NODs are on, but when they're off, it's definitely wonky weight distribution. The suspension on the FAST SF is good enough that I might just take the weight back out.

Note that the FRS specifically uses a swivel design rather than a flip design; this is due to the fact that the flip designs will wear out eventually and come open by themselves when there's overpressure, such as when doing explosive breaching.
View Quote

@Defaultmp3
Ok, how are your AMPs clearing those lights of yours? Nearly identical setup and the left AMP can’t be stowed because the VariArc make the Surefire stick out too far, and the the Princeton Tec MPLS makes AMP application a battle every time I put them on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have a good lead on some Opscore AMPs and arms? Prefer connectorized but doesn’t have to be NFMI. Looking for in stock and preferably offers mil. I know, asking a lot. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#29]
you are aware of the discount code for opscore?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
you are aware of the discount code for opscore?
View Quote

Went ahead and ordered from Gentex. Hopefully the wait isn't too long. Anyone order relatively recently and get them already?
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Who here is running AMPs with an Ops-Core FAST XP?  Curious as to the fit of the ear cups.  My wait is almost over for the AMPs
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 6:34:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#33]
Since this thread seems very active can anyone tell me about this helmet?
Ops-core fast ST high cut
Why is it so deeply discounted?
Anyone have it and like or hate it?
It doesn’t seem like much has changed as far as mounts and accessories, I’m assuming everything is compatible and replaceable if needed.

It was recommended a few pages back and I happen to fit in the measurements of the only option available.
Figured I’d ask here before emailing them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By steve8140:
It doesn’t seem like much has changed as far as mounts and accessories, I’m assuming everything is compatible and replaceable if needed.

It was recommended a few pages back and I happen to fit in the measurements of the only option available.
View Quote

Can’t answer why it’s so steeply discounted. But do be aware that it states there’s a 12 week lead time. Something to think about if you were wanting one now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:33:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RideTheSpiral] [#35]
Originally Posted By RRAR15:

Can’t answer why it’s so steeply discounted. But do be aware that it states there’s a 12 week lead time. Something to think about if you were wanting one now.
View All Quotes

Maybe because it's only available in small/med size? I would bet most men wear L/XL. Just a guess.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 20iner:

Maybe because it's only available in small/med size? I would bet most men wear L/XL.
View Quote

I got a tiny head.
21 3/4” over eyebrows and around head and
26” chin strap measurement.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:53:16 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Probably a recently discontinued product or contract overrun. Armsunlimited was blowing out Maritimes at $850 ea a few years ago. There was a lead time on those as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 20iner:

Maybe because it's only available in small/med size? I would bet most men wear L/XL. Just a guess.
View Quote

Looking for a tan, RG, or MC XL myself but happy to wait until they're regularly back into stock or one pops up on EE / eBay in a SF High cut.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:59:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#41]
Originally Posted By Apec:

Probably a recently discontinued product or contract overrun. Armsunlimited was blowing out Maritimes at $850 ea a few years ago. There was a lead time on those as well.
View Quote

I emailed them last night about that model helmet and here’s what they said. I ended up ordering one along with a few other parts. Code “GARANDTHUMB” or “CLASKY” bring the price down to ~500.

“Thanks for contacting Gentex Corporation.  The FAST ST is a close out product.  Only size medium with the occ-dial retention in tan is still available. This helmet fits a head size of 20 7/8 to 22 inches. The helmet shell has a five year warranty and the remainder of the products carry a 1 year warranty.” Also went on to say that all parts will continue to be available and in common use with other setups.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#42]

I emailed them last night about that model helmet and here’s what they said. I ended up ordering one along with a few other parts. Code “GARANDTHUMB” or “CLASKY” bring the price down to ~500.

“Thanks for contacting Gentex Corporation.  The FAST ST is a close out product.  Only size medium with the occ-dial retention in tan is still available. This helmet fits a head size of 20 7/8 to 22 inches. The helmet shell has a five year warranty and the remainder of the products carry a 1 year warranty.” Also went on to say that all parts will continue to be available and in common use with other setups.
View Quote

The FAST ST is the latest super high cut model.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#43]

The FAST ST is the latest super high cut model.
View Quote

@PFran42

What do you mean by the latest super high cut model?

If it’s the latest version why would it be a closeout?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#45]
My bad. I was thinking about the SF.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Just waiting on the counterweight pouch and I'm all set.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/20210519_095114-1947965.jpg

Just waiting on the counterweight pouch and I'm all set.

View Quote

Looks nice, kept it as light as possible overall, nice.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

The ST is the predecessor of the XP the only difference I can find between them is the shroud. I ordered one and they said 8 week lead time but had it to me in 2 weeks. I have a med size head 21-3/4 so it fits perfect. I paid $479.20 shipped with the GARANDTHUMB code, great deal very happy with the purchase.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:58:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#49]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

The ST is the predecessor of the XP the only difference I can find between them is the shroud. I ordered one and they said 8 week lead time but had it to me in 2 weeks. I have a med size head 21-3/4 so it fits perfect. I paid $479.20 shipped with the GARANDTHUMB code, great deal very happy with the purchase.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/6A43FB18-E9F0-4391-BEEA-C947AEEDF031_jpe-1949088.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/87CF4C55-B85E-4DDA-A05C-0CA9DA9304D9_jpe-1949089.JPG
View Quote

Great deal on an awesome helmet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/6A43FB18-E9F0-4391-BEEA-C947AEEDF031_jpe-1949088.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/87CF4C55-B85E-4DDA-A05C-0CA9DA9304D9_jpe-1949089.JPG
View Quote

I bought the ST helmet and a few other items. They said it was in stock and should be here in about two weeks as well.

I’m excited to get it and start configuring it. Now I need to figure out what nods I want to order. I e been banging my head against a wall for a week now trying to figure it out.
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top