Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 145
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Swoosh101:

It's kinda silly but if you watch videos on how cosplayers put fans in their helmets it may help you.
View Quote

Yes thats a good idea. There are also some paintball masks that have fans built in.  May be some good inspiration
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Berger24:

@KenuckyWindage  That is a great looking setup. Mxpatriot51 is right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Berger24:
Originally Posted By Mxpatriot51:
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:
https://i.imgur.com/k0sRIiI.jpg

You have good taste... sweet set up.

@KenuckyWindage  That is a great looking setup. Mxpatriot51 is right.

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Let’s do it
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
Originally Posted By tunatuk:
Originally Posted By Blackhalo:

Since getting into NVG the past couple months it's crazy the amount of people on here that are around the Houston area and into this stuff. Messaged a couple of smaller vendors when researching and of course they were like "I see you have an 832 phone come hog hunting with us and try some stuff out before you buy"

Moved to Utah a couple of years ago, Parents still live in Huffman. I need to try and meet up with you guys when I come visit.
Shit, I'm 4hrs East, and would like to make these friends too!

Let’s do it

Im in S.A and would love to make new friends!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:14:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#4]
Sorry no special photos, just got to play with my new counterweight pouch from Licenta Arms. It’s a great piece of kit!
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:45:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leprechaun-33-] [#5]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Brain Bucket Complete.
Moleskin is useful for many things!
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:47:57 AM EDT
[#6]
My “grab-n-go” lightweight/budget ANVIS setup.

Crye nightcap with a ground mount adapter and an Amazon knockoff Mohawk. I zip tied a streamlight sidewinder for IR illuminator, it worked better than expected. Definitely one of my favorite rigs and my amps slip right over the top no problem. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tlandoe07:
My “grab-n-go” lightweight/budget ANVIS setup.

Crye nightcap with a ground mount adapter and an Amazon knockoff Mohawk. I zip tied a streamlight sidewinder for IR illuminator, it worked better than expected. Definitely one of my favorite rigs and my amps slip right over the top no problem. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/460535/1D9D8911-6178-49D1-85A6-7EE1C40EC7C4_jpe-1706559.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/460535/84CC8A72-A0CA-4939-9688-6D646C51AD49_jpe-1706560.JPG
View Quote

That looks killer 👍

Did you have to add weight in the hawk and how tight/snug does it have to be?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TNVC:Come on mann...You couldn't spring a few bucks for the real deal vs. a blatant Chinese copy with reports of them falling apart? Really here?
View Quote

I had the exact same thought. Talk about shitting where you sleep. Woooof.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I really need to try my nightcap with a counterweight.  After using it with a pvs14 without, I stole the shroud and stuffed it in my NV parts bin. It looks like it could be handy with my anvis and batterypack/counterweight
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:07:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tlandoe07] [#11]
Originally Posted By TNVC:

Come on mann...You couldn't spring a few bucks for the real deal vs. a blatant Chinese copy with reports of them falling apart? Really here?
View Quote

I don’t know if serious or not- I have two of the real TNVC Mohawks on my helmets that are for more serious use. This fake one I got for free. Hell, I bought my Mohawks and my ABNV Storm Mount and I don’t even know how many goggle housings from you, so you of all people should know I don’t skimp on my gear. This was a little fun project I threw together one night out of basically spare parts and I had a buddy who had one of these lying around and he donated it. Never intended for serious use, but actually turned out well enough that it’s become one of my go-to rigs.

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tlandoe07] [#12]
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:

I had the exact same thought. Talk about shitting where you sleep. Woooof.
View Quote

Says the guy running a China skeet

(Not that there’s anything wrong with that. I have two myself. Just chuckling at the irony)
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#13]
New cover from A&A Tactical

Link Posted: 11/29/2020 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

How long was your wait? I’m at like 16-17 weeks with no responses to any emails from A&A?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:29:10 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Surely you don't need me to help you see the difference between these two scenarios.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:40:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By fivefivesixphoto:

How long was your wait? I'm at like 16-17 weeks with no responses to any emails from A&A?
View All Quotes

How long was your wait? I'm at like 16-17 weeks with no responses to any emails from A&A?
Ordered June 24th and got it yesterday. I only got one reply via email, so I just called. He'll looked up my order number and told me about 2 weeks.....2 weeks ago.

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:39:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Surely you don't need me to help you see the difference between these two scenarios.
View Quote
go on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:22:57 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

He donated $20 to China.

You donated $5k to China.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:
Sorry no special photos, just got to play with my new counterweight pouch from Licenta Arms. It’s a great piece of kit!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490874/EC6141EA-1C0B-47C4-BF5C-C3687E101094_jpe-1706195.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/490874/2E037FB3-E742-41D4-AFB3-AB6B4C1906F8_jpe-1706196.JPG
View Quote

I like that battery pouch.  Ordered one in multi.  Been looking for something similar and was hoping TNVC would've put the mohawk on Black Friday sales, but I didn't really need the mohawk part.  Thanks

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 4:55:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tlandoe07] [#21]

View Quote

Originally Posted By JonLSU:

He donated $20 to China.

View Quote

I also donated to the Hillary campaign twice.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:42:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Can't we all just....get along?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#23]

How long was your wait? I’m at like 16-17 weeks with no responses to any emails from A&A?
View Quote

Holy shit really. 16-17 weeks for a helmet cover. I almost ordered one the other day because I wanted to try out some black multicam. Thank god I didn’t.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JonLSU:

He donated $20 to China.

View Quote

The point. You missed it.

The Mohawk is an innovative product designed, produced, and offered at a completely reasonable price by one of our foremost site sponsors and likely greatest advocate. The Amazon version is a blatant photocopy that offers no additional functionality or intellectual property.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:34:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tlandoe07] [#25]

The Mohawk is an innovative product designed, produced, and offered at a completely reasonable price by one of our foremost site sponsors and likely greatest advocate. The Amazon version is a blatant photocopy that offers no additional functionality or intellectual property.
View Quote

Nope, same point. The MH25 is basically a ripoff of US technology, offered at a fraction of the price, the proceeds of which are funneled into an oppressive system of government that's hell-bent on destroying our way of life.

Again, I got the fake one for free, and I have tens of thousands worth of various items with a TNVC sticker or tag on them, so I think people can chill about a battery pack holder that was given to me to slap on a glove-box compatible NV lid setup.

ETA: Matter of fact, in those two pics of the TW hemets, both goggles are TNVC, the Mohawks are obviously TNVC, and the mounts are from TNVC. So like $20k from TNVC on my kitchen table.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By tlandoe07:The amazon copy Mohawk actually has better hook/loop material. You can actually see loop material on the real ones falling apart in my photo. Again, I got the fake one for free, and I have tens of thousands worth of various items with a TNVC sticker or tag on them, so I think people can chill about a battery pack holder that was given to me to slap on a glove-box compatible NV lid setup.
View Quote

Fair enough.  I have beat the shit out of my Mohawk, and its hook/loop are as good today as they were when brand new.  One of the benefits of buying the real deal should be real support if the product is defective.  Heaven knows Amazon would provide at least that much ;)

"Glovebox compatible NV lid setup" is a new one.  I like that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:41:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tlandoe07] [#27]

Fair enough.  I have beat the shit out of my Mohawk, and its hook/loop are as good today as they were when brand new.  One of the benefits of buying the real deal should be real support if the product is defective.  Heaven knows Amazon would provide at least that much ;)

"Glovebox compatible NV lid setup" is a new one.  I like that.
View Quote

I haven't beaten on my Mohawks too hard, I will say that the type of loop material is consistent with what I've seen issued in SOF on various Patagonia and Crye products. It just kinda falls apart, not the stitching but the loop material itself. I just clean it up with a cigarette lighter and go on my merry way, it hasn't bothered me enough to care- just an observation.

And yes, it is pretty slick to have a bino-compatible lid that you can fit in a center console or a cargo pocket. In actual practice, I just throw it on to take out the trash on Sunday nights
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By decoy007:

Holy shit really. 16-17 weeks for a helmet cover. I almost ordered one the other day because I wanted to try out some black multicam. Thank god I didn’t.
View Quote

Yup, order MCB, still nothing. 10/10 would not recommend. Their CS blows.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
Ordered June 24th and got it yesterday. I only got one reply via email, so I just called. He'll looked up my order number and told me about 2 weeks.....2 weeks ago.

View Quote

Ordered in May.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Yup, order MCB, still nothing. 10/10 would not recommend. Their CS blows.
View Quote

Damn I thought my Agilite I ordered in Sept and got in Nov took long

At least their CS was top notch the whole time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By laxman09:

Damn I thought my Agilite I ordered in Sept and got in Nov took long

At least their CS was top notch the whole time.
View Quote

Their lead time said 8-10 weeks when I ordered. I completely understand lead times throughout the industry are longer than usual right now. It’s not the lead time I’m upset about, it’s the lead time PLUS the refusal to answer any emails and just keep me in the loop. I’m about a week from just doing a charge back and canceling the order.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Their lead time said 8-10 weeks when I ordered. I completely understand lead times throughout the industry are longer than usual right now. It’s not the lead time I’m upset about, it’s the lead time PLUS the refusal to answer any emails and just keep me in the loop. I’m about a week from just doing a charge back and canceling the order.
View Quote

That's how Agilite was different. I would get straight forward responses within 24 hours. It was pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By lexo:

Maybe in the future i'll do a writeup but good to hear that you have that mindset :)
View Quote
@lexo

bit off topic, but with all the turmoil right now I would love to read your experiences and thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:24:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#36]
I wouldn't brag about it. they should be out of business but you people keep buying their crap.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I dunno man. I think you’re off on this one. The China skeet is exactly the same comparison. Not almost, exactly.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 3:46:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By great308:
https://i.imgur.com/7J0EbLy.jpg
View Quote

Is it just me or is your muzzle device bent downward?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AIWB:

View Quote

It does but I think It's just the way the shadow is cast.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#40]
So what is the consensus on the Peltor ComTac VI vs the Amps? Can get them both around the same price, and with the ComTac VI they have the NIB communication so I don't have to run radios all the time. Trying to plan on what I want to mount to my helmet.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
I wouldn't brag about it. they should be out of business but you people keep buying their crap.
View Quote

If you think commercial sales are what keep team Wendy in business than you have no grasp on how this industry works.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MrRecon:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrRecon:
Originally Posted By AIWB:

The smaller asr mounts do that sometimes when photo is dark and shadowed. They don’t have strait angels on them and just look off sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
So what is the consensus on the Peltor ComTac VI vs the Amps? Can get them both around the same price, and with the ComTac VI they have the NIB communication so I don't have to run radios all the time. Trying to plan on what I want to mount to my helmet.
View Quote

The comtac vi looks like a good contender. The NIB is cool but will it acutely work as advertised is what I want to know. What pushed it over the edge for me to go AMP is the NFMI plugs and easy integration to opscore helmets.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC] [#44]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:23:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tlandoe07] [#45]

So that justifies giving them support? Interesting...

Well they haven't been getting a frickin' million dollars from us every year since their bullshit. But hey their ally Susan Rice is back in office with the new administration.
View Quote

Vic, I’m not sure if you’ve done much research on political donations, but the information is readily available online. Many of the manufactures for products you sell have donated significantly more to any left wing political campaign than Team Wendy. And in all cases, it’s not a contribution from the corporations themselves generally, but contributions from employees. Notably, Surefire, Gentex, and Wilcox, to name just a few. And besides any of that, they’re good products so I really don’t care. I don’t have time to vet every single product I buy to verify if there are political favors mixed in at the super high levels of the organization- if I did that, I literally wouldn’t own anything

This Team Hillary internet BS is about as factual as unfilmed tubes dying after 500 hours.

ETA: Corporate PACs are another story altogether.

L3H donated over $200k to Democrats in 2020. So there’s that. L3H image tubes are TNVC’s bread and butter.

BAE systems donated even more, $353k this year alone. Many of the thermal products you sell use BAE cores.

So, while TW might not get a million dollars, much larger defense contractors that contribute significantly to political spending, do take in untold millions from you. Are we supposed to interpret that as TNVC and vic being a giant shill for the Democrats?

C’mon man!
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I need so much for mine

?

Ears

Cover

Weight

Ir light

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By kbi:
I need so much for mine

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77256/IMG_20201206_210045-1724057.jpg

?

Ears

Cover

Weight

Ir light

View Quote

I feel a great disturbance in your wallet. Prepare thy credit card
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Here some facts for you...

I know damn well about the ENTIRE industry who donates what so throwing the dollar bill daggers my way that I am some how unaware you are SORELY frickin' mistaken. I've been in the game a lot longer than you have including my long run in the defense sector before TNVC and not just some rivet gun holder. So give that a rest...

What you miss is this.  Not one of these companies you mention had Hillary on their factory floor shaking hands with the CEO of TW and that CEO telling the world Hillary would be the best President the US would ever have.  On top of that (and when I got the phone call 4000 miles away in the middle of nowhere), I got briefed on the CEO's comments (which I would have let him have a fee pass on that) but when Hillary promoted yet another AWB from his factory floor, that's when it all stopped along with TW hiding and deleting their initial social media posts.  The extra bonus we received was when the CEO of TW helmet division wrote us an despicable email to my Director (a supposed "friend") of this and that after we expressed our extreme disappointment on their actions that we were somehow the guilty party.  

I told that CEO and I will tell you straight up, someone has to answer to the families of Benghazi so you and a few are probably very happy Susan Rice is back in town. If you or anyone else does not like it, I can care less.  

View Quote

I'm not going to argue with you, you're entitled to your own opinion. Donating zero dollars and making political statements pales significantly in comparison to being utterly silent and donating hundreds of thousands to political campaigns year after year after year. "something something- money where your mouth is?"

You're not making a very strong argument Victor. You're ranting. And on top of that, I don't appreciate being construed as somehow excited for the return of Susan Rice. You're taking unprovoked personal potshots, while pushing products made by companies that support democrats.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:36:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC] [#50]
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top