BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 145
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By domestique1:

I ordered an AMP on April 8th, and it arrived this past weekend (the 18th). So far I really like it. I may add the Noisefighters gel ear cups, but the factory ear cups are pretty soft already.

Also placed an order for a Fast LE, and that was quoted at 16 weeks.
View Quote

Well, that gives me hope! Based on the other responses I was prepared to wait several months. Now if I don't get it in 4 days I'm going to be angry
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:51:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jwramp] [#2]
With warmer weather comes the swap back to the carbon helmet until the ballistic's needed again. Been really digging the Thyrm VariArc mount for the x300v for being able to point it any which way.

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Patriot2777:

Very cool! I'm a little jealous, ordered my AMP on March 17th and it's still listed as awaiting fulfillment
View Quote

Did you order a downlead?

I ordered the Tan-Connectorized, with plugs, helmet arms, and MultiCam wrap. The only thing I did NOT order were the downleads. I wasn't sure which PTT and radio I wanted to go with.

I also ordered everything separate from the helmet, because I figured the helmet would take longer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Did you order a downlead?

I ordered the Tan-Connectorized, with plugs, helmet arms, and MultiCam wrap. The only thing I did NOT order were the downleads. I wasn't sure which PTT and radio I wanted to go with.

I also ordered everything separate from the helmet, because I figured the helmet would take longer.
View Quote

Nope, no downlead. Have a Carbon on a separate order. Your order sounds just like mine lol - NFMI Tan AMP, earplugs, arms, and multicam wrap. I'll touch base with OC and see if they have an update 🤔
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]

I am not a huge fan of the Amps mounted on the helmet and NFMI ear plugs make it even more uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By contax_shooter:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49805815188_05cda422d1_b.jpg

I am not a huge fan of the Amps mounted on the helmet and NFMI ear plugs make it even more uncomfortable.
View Quote

Weird pressure points?  Or what issues are you finding?
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I’ll give you $350.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The RAC arms doesn’t provide enough compression and the ball pivot allows the edge closest to the temple to open up. The housing of the NFMI ear plugs are so large and dig into the bone structure, giving you a massive headache. Sound quality isn’t all that enhanced with the plugs in either. I’m even using Smith Boogie eye pro to alleviate compromising the cups to seal.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]

The RAC arms doesn’t provide enough compression and the ball pivot allows the edge closest to the temple to open up. The housing of the NFMI ear plugs are so large and dig into the bone structure, giving you a massive headache. Sound quality isn’t all that enhanced with the plugs in either. I’m even using Smith Boogie eye pro to alleviate compromising the cups to seal.
View Quote

Have you tried the arms on an Ops Core helmet, or just on the the MTek in your photo? Wonder if the differences in helmet and rail shapes have something to do with the bad fit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jwramp:

Have you tried the arms on an Ops Core helmet, or just on the the MTek in your photo? Wonder if the differences in helmet and rail shapes have something to do with the bad fit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwramp:

I wonder if that's the case as well.  I have my AMP mounted to an Ops-core Maritime and haven't had any issues with fit.

I will admit however that the NFMI plugs are a bit big.  If I don't have them in just right they push against the cartilage in my ear and get to be painful after a while.  If I get them settled in just right its not an issue.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#11]
For those of you running Peltor Comtac III ear pro, did you buy a version with a standard metal headband and somehow remove those parts to attach to your helmet? It seems like some Peltor models are also available without the whole headband assembly, but seem rarer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:14:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#12]
Originally Posted By mashir:
For those of you running Peltor Comtac III ear pro, did you buy a version with a standard metal headband and somehow remove those parts to attach to your helmet? It seems like some Peltor models are also available without the whole headband assembly, but seem rarer.
View Quote

Headband version (single comms) as they can be found for $399 (with gel cups and PTT) new.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

In addition to the poster above me, you can also find the version that comes with the peltor adaptors. I got these cause they come black anno'd instead of chrome wire.

I just take off the old headband and keep it in case I need to make them head mounted again(which may happen if I break down and buy the AMP) I just don't have a radio that connects to the downleads yet.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Gotcha. Thank you both for the info.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By KPog:

In addition to the poster above me, you can also find the version that comes with the peltor adaptors. I got these cause they come black anno'd instead of chrome wire.

I just take off the old headband and keep it in case I need to make them head mounted again(which may happen if I break down and buy the AMP) I just don't have a radio that connects to the downleads yet.
View Quote

Here is your radio and PTT.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

I've done both.  I've cut off the headband from a set, and also purchased them new with ARC rail adapters.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:22:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#18]
A week ago I was  heeeeahhh.... (Mind you, with an illuminator this setup is AMAZING)

Attachment Attached File

Currently I am... “OMFG NIGHT VISION!!!”

Attachment Attached File

On the hunt for...

Attachment Attached File

and

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nnelson9] [#19]

The habit accelerated as you go.  Good luck on the BNVD-ULs
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#20]

That's my goal as well. I have everything necessary except for the noodles themselves. Probably going to have to wait for the winter holiday deals to give me time to sell what I need to sell and save up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By QuickReactions:

That's my goal as well. I have everything necessary except for the noodles themselves. Probably going to have to wait for the winter holiday deals to give me time to sell what I need to sell and save up.
View Quote

Along those lines, does JRH or any other specific NVD retailer regularly run specials/deals on BNVD-SG UL setups at a given time of year? Black Friday or around Chirstmas?
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Along those lines, does JRH or any other specific NVD retailer regularly run specials/deals on BNVD-SG UL setups at a given time of year? Black Friday or around Chirstmas?
View Quote

Let's find out...

@LowDown3
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#24]
the budget went where it counts.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
I originally chopped my large ACH because ear muffs are uncomfortable. Recently got a surplus extra large ACH that fits much better with ear muffs. Decided to deck it out and make it my primary. Now I can pull a pod off my mod 3 and do nods stuff with a friend if I had friends!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74831/20200421_170636_jpg-1379452.JPG
View Quote

What part of Missouri are you in?  I have my own PVS-14 and could meet up for some nighttime goon stuff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 55_S2K_Shawn:

What part of Missouri are you in?  I have my own PVS-14 and could meet up for some nighttime goon stuff.
View Quote

Another MO here - STL
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Let's find out...

@LowDown3
View Quote

Thanks PFran and LowDown! JRH will most likely get my business when I am ready, and will sign up for emails now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Another MO here - STL
View Quote

I live out by Six Flags but I work in St. Charles.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468022/11F77B37-482E-49C7-A8AE-EBF986A9ED51-1371180.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/468022/182DC0F2-713E-4DA9-8723-C3FC99105F12-1371182.jpg

“Are you about to go play with your toys again?”

“Honey, it’s work!”

Doing some testing with the Galvion Caiman Hybrid bump.

~Augee
View Quote

Any thoughts so far on the Galvion Caiman Bump?  I'm particularly interested in how it compares to the Ops-Core FAST SF Carbon.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:00:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#30]
Pic thread: finally got off my ass and got a set of comtacs

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:
https://i.imgur.com/v87DVq4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mZFLCCJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TFhO9s7.jpg
View Quote

Awesome setup. What adapters are you using to attach the comtacs?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Awesome setup. What adapters are you using to attach the comtacs?
View Quote

Thanks

They are the Unity Tactical Marks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:49:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BadSVT] [#33]
Team Wendy Carbon in MC Black
RNVG with some 2700 FOM Filmless WP tubes from UNV sporting Anvis -Blue objectives and DEP Ether eyes
TNVC Mohawk
Helstar 6
Wilcox G24
Surefire X300V

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Love the googly eyes
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BadSVT:
Team Wendy Carbon in MC Black
RNVG with some 2700 FOM Filmless WP tubes from UNV sporting Anvis -Blue objectives and DEP Ether eyes
TNVC Mohawk
Helstar 6
Wilcox G24
Surefire X300V

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/16629/4362002F-E57A-409C-80EC-72788E9C32FB_jpe-1385387.JPG
View Quote

How do you like the Pulsar THERMAL BINOCULARS?
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Sexy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By carl1000:

How do you like the Pulsar THERMAL BINOCULARS?
View Quote

absolutely love them, it's one tool that I always take when hunting.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I could never get used to those sidewinders. Useful admin lights for a plate carrier for sure, but I've never mounted one to my helmet and never plan to. I'd rather just stick with Princeton Tec.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#40]
@-KentuckyWindage- what kind of SF mount is that? I also have a TW lid and the same SF light but can’t find a good way to mount it
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By QuickReactions:
I could never get used to those sidewinders. Useful admin lights for a plate carrier for sure, but I've never mounted one to my helmet and never plan to. I'd rather just stick with Princeton Tec.
View Quote

What don’t you like about them? It sticks out a little further than I like but it works pretty decently.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Can someone tell me which flashlight mount this is in the below photo? (The photo is from several pages back in this thread)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 6:59:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ARADDICT556:
@-KentuckyWindage- what kind of SF mount is that? I also have a TW lid and the same SF light but can't find a good way to mount it
View Quote
looks like a unity tactical mark remora mount
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:08:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#44]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
Originally Posted By ARADDICT556:
@-KentuckyWindage- what kind of SF mount is that? I also have a TW lid and the same SF light but can't find a good way to mount it

Yep, Unity Tactical Remora.  Great  little mount. It does require that you have the Unity Tactical Marks to mount, Just FYI

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By troy_v:
Can someone tell me which flashlight mount this is in the below photo? (The photo is from several pages back in this thread)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/136860/49439222181_3f58dc041d_b_jpg-1386992.JPG
View Quote

Looks pretty home made to me, like they just chopped up some plastic/kydex or thin metal and sandwiched it behind that little chunk of picatinny.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Yep, Unity Tactical Remora.  Great  little mount. It does require that you have the Unity Tactical Marks to mount, Just FYI

https://www.unitytactical.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/HLM-REM-Remora-Black.jpg
View Quote

lol that looks nothing like the pictured mount.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:12:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#47]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:

lol that looks nothing like the pictured mount.
View Quote

Iam responding to ARADDICT556,  most if not all is hid under the light and the unity mark adapters.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#48]
@-KentuckyWindage- dam it won’t work with mine.. thanks
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:19:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThisWildAdventure] [#50]
Originally Posted By troy_v:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/136860/49439222181_3f58dc041d_b_jpg-1386992.JPG
View Quote

@jwramp will know

N/m I just saw that he already replied and said he thinks it'd home-brewed. Whose pic is it?
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top