Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 11:20:44 AM EDT
I want to invest in a gen 3 NV device. I want to use it for shooting as well as other uses.
My question is, how well would a helmet mounet 1x NV goggle work with my EoTech 552 (it is NV capable)?

Would I need to get a monocular goggle or would I be able to shoot and see through the EoTech with a binocular NV goggle, you know, the ones that combine a binocular into one NV tube?

The alternative would be to just get a dedicated NV scope.

Thanks for your help.

Now all we need is a Revolution!  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Watch out for Victor; he's a very, very dangerous man.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
They work pretty well.

I also have a LaRue mount, so I can just take it off my head and mount to the rifle if I want

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Using a google type to cheek weld a weapon to look down the site will be a bit awkward. Can be done of course, but awkward.  Best course of action is either to mount the PVS-14 or MUM on the weapon behind the EO or if your have goggles of some sort, get a IR or visible laser and mount that to your weapon, keep you head-up and shoot from the ready, letting your laser do all your talking!  

Of course as you stated a dedicated NV rifle scope does wonders as well!  Hope this helps.

Of course! I should have thought of that. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They work pretty well.

I also have a LaRue mount, so I can just take it off my head and mount to the rifle if I want

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Optics/LaruePVS14mount007Medium.jpg

i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/fight4yourrights/Optics/PVS14006.jpg

That's very nice too. I love these solutions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:37:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I use PVS-5's with mine and it works.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I use PVS-5's with mine and it works.

The PVS 5s like the ANVIS goggles give you actual biniocular vision which means you get real depth perception and that kids is very cool. You can use either an EO thingy or an Aimpoint alone mounted on the weapon. Like Vic said cheek weld is a little funky at best but it can be done once you get used to it. Tack on an IR laser and it now becomes like a damn video game.

IPSC_GUY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top