Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 6:43:38 PM EDT
I purchased a PVS14 and am looking for the ITT (or similar) 2.2x lenses, or  3in1 lense, but everyone online seems to be sold out.  Searching the EE didn't help, but maybe I didn't use the right phrase.  I will say I find them online but either nobody has them, or they say discontinued by mfg.  I would like to use this lense at 3x mounted on my AR for night work.  Is there a problem with using this lense on a rifle?

Give a guy a hand?

BTW, additionally, I'm looking at getting the Larue mount.  Am i going wrong?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you are looking at the 2.2 and 3x that is sold most common for the ITT 160. If so they are not being made right now and both lens will cut your performance down alot. I have a AM III "prime" mono which uses the mil spec 1x lens and also C-mount lens . I tried the 2.2x thread on lens and it really sucked the light gathering such much down my image was very dim and poor. When I put a   2x C-mount lens it was super bright and clear. When adding the mil spec A-focal  lens was still bright and clear. I think these the 2.2 and 3x commerical 160 lens are not great lens and is why they are cheaper to buy vs the mil spec A-focal 3x. The problem with the a-focal is they aren't cheap at $400-$500 new. I have seen a few used ones sell on ebay around $300.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top