Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 7:10:30 PM EDT
Hi all, quick question here. I recently bought an IWAL-2, I love the thing, only problem is the beam is soooo bright through my 3rd gen MUM-14. The brightess is about right when I have the daylight filter on, so I need to find a way to back it off a bit. I was thinking about putting a resistor inline with the battery to reduce current draw, or maybe just attaching a filter to take out some ~90% of the intensity... anyone else here have this problem and find a solution? Thanks in advance for any help.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Blackrazor, I e-mailed you Ryan's contact info.
I also find the IWAL 2 bright for close range indoors work, but very acceptable.  It blooms my PVS-14 just a little indoors, but not as much as my OTAL.  Outside it's not a problem at all.
It's not like in a tactical situation you would have the beam on all the time, just squeeze the tape switch when ready to set up a shot.
Obviously variable power would be great, but I wouldn't want a permanent decrease in output. A 2-stage power setting would probably be the best idea.
Overall, for short and long range, I find the units power output pretty much ideal.
And it's very useful with the D-760 6X scope, the beam goes on seemingly forever.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Are these things available again? I checked his website a week ago and it said they were sold out... Didn't even know there was a "2" model......
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:39:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Currently sold out, but more will certainly be available with minor enhancements I'm told.

This little unit works very well, and is very low profile as you can see from the photos.
Mine has been flawlessly reliable both in function and holding zero despite many magazines of 75 grain ammo.

Now if we could just get him to build a IR Laser Illuminator "head" for the Surefire 900 series weaponlights.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:43:42 AM EDT
[#4]
PAH ! ! !

edwin907 with his slick gun magazine quality photos again. The digusting part is they are shot on a garage floor...

He is completely right though any IR laser is used only for a short time to aim the weapon. Grip the tape, minor adjustment, pull trigger, let go. the less time you are activly "painting" anything the better.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top