Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The site might be down, but the ATF agents appear to be hard at work. I wonder if they are shutting it down on purpose to slow down the deluge of submissions and stay caught up. I'm reading on FB that the eform page is accessible at 4am, but later in the morning, becomes inaccessible. huh.

In any case, my 3 forms that were submitted 10/19 and prints were received 10/26 got approved about an hour ago. That's incredibly impressive. Now I just need to source everything to make the SBRs since I didn't have my typical 9-12 months to get everything together. Come on Black Friday!
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]
When 41F happened I honestly never thought eForms 1 would ever be back. Figured it was dead permanently. This is definitely good news. Hopefully they can get 5320.20 and F4 up too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep. Down since yesterday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DAMNIT! Can't get to the eforms, keeps giving me a too many redirects error.
Yep. Down since yesterday.
Did a F1 on Sunday, Glad I was able to get it in
Hopefully I'll be like the couple here that have gotten theirs approved in just a few weeks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did a F1 on Sunday, Glad I was able to get it in
Hopefully I'll be like the couple here that have gotten theirs approved in just a few weeks.
View Quote
Post your dates in the other eform thread when you get the approval. Mine was 8 days after prints received.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Website is back up now. Just submitted my form 1
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Wanting to Form1 another silencer.  What do I put in for Manufacturer Name?  It keeps wanting to look for a list of real companies.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Was able to register and submit a form 1 tonight.

Rolled my own prints and they turned out pretty damn good. I'll be mailing them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Submitted mine this evening, got the cover letter within minutes.

I'm glad to see E-Forms back up and running... this will lead to some more SBR's for me...
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Got it figured out.  Thanks.  I am guessing for model to put N/A?  That is what I put on my paper form.  I did get it submitted with a warning about the model.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Submitted mine this evening, got the cover letter within minutes.

I'm glad to see E-Forms back up and running... this will lead to some more SBR's for me...
View Quote
What do you mean by cover letter?

I just submitted two form 1's via trust.  Where was I supposed to attach fingerprints?
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I just submitted two form 1's via trust.  Where was I supposed to attach fingerprints?
View Quote
Mine came as a PDF in an email to be printed out and mailed in with the fingerprint cards within ten days.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Got one in before Silencer Shop dumps a load in and crashes it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:47:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
When you submit the form 1 you will get an e-mail shortly after containing a PDF file that is a Fingerprint Card Submission Letter which has your application control number on it. You have 10 days to submit your actual print cards WITH the said letter.

I don't think you can scan and upload fingerprint cards as an attachment like you do the trust and photo.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:02:39 AM EDT
[#15]
EForms down again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When you submit the form 1 you will get an e-mail shortly after containing a PDF file that is a Fingerprint Card Submission Letter which has your application control number on it. You have 10 days to submit your actual print cards WITH the said letter.

I don't think you can scan and upload fingerprint cards as an attachment like you do the trust and photo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did the cover letter consist of...

I submitted two yesterday and received the receipt email and the other email diplaying the control number but not in pdf format...

Was there a generic cover letter thats different?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I submitted two yesterday and received the receipt email and the other email diplaying the control number but not in pdf format...

View Quote
The cover letter has a barcode and control nuber at the top, along with the address to send it to. Has a paragraph telling you that a copy of the letter must be submitted with the prints.

Also has your items serial number, control number, submitted date, name and phone number listed below.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Apparently a bunch of individuals are not receiving the cover letters through email...I was advised by ATF to select the “ask a question” tab on EForm website and advise that I did not receive the letter. In case anyone here has the same issue...
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
has a barcode and they are specific to your submission
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Apparently a bunch of individuals are not receiving the cover letters through email...I was advised by ATF to select the "ask a question" tab on EForm website and advise that I did not receive the letter. In case anyone here has the same issue...
View Quote
Everyone I've seen that didn't receive the cover letter just couldn't see it on their phone email app. Once they accessed their email via PC, the attachment was there all along.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#21]
this is pretty intriguing.  Can I SBR a lower that was part of a complete rifle?  and can anyone recommend a fingerprint kit?  would be cool if I could leverage the prints that SS already has.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
this is pretty intriguing.  Can I SBR a lower that was part of a complete rifle?  and can anyone recommend a fingerprint kit?  would be cool if I could leverage the prints that SS already has.
View Quote
Yes you can.

And you can pay SS $25 to print your prints on a finger print card and mail them to you. Just bear in mind that the ATF must receive the prints in 10 days after submitting the application. So if you are going to use SS for the prints do them first, then file the application later when the prints arrive.

It would be much easier to just roll your own. You can get free finger print cards from the ATF .
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Everyone I've seen that didn't receive the cover letter just couldn't see it on their phone email app. Once they accessed their email via PC, the attachment was there all along.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apparently a bunch of individuals are not receiving the cover letters through email...I was advised by ATF to select the "ask a question" tab on EForm website and advise that I did not receive the letter. In case anyone here has the same issue...
So apparently they are in the original email but your right that you cant access the file through your phone or if you happen to forward the email to another account to get it to open...the email needs to be opened through your original email provider on a pc (as you say).

This is not a problem for individuals in the real world where you have unlimited access to your email through a pc...for us in the hills though it created some confusion .
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#24]
My cover letter came as a PDF attachment on the email. It showed up fine with Yahoo mail on a PC and Android phone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes you can.

And you can pay SS $25 to print your prints on a finger print card and mail them to you. Just bear in mind that the ATF must receive the prints in 10 days after submitting the application. So if you are going to use SS for the prints do them first, then file the application later when the prints arrive.

It would be much easier to just roll your own. You can get free finger print cards from the ATF .
View Quote
Awesome thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I need to know:  are these hyper fast approvals only trusts or are some individuals?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got it, so I have 10 days to get it postmarked and in the mail correct?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I need to know:  are these hyper fast approvals only trusts or are some individuals?
View Quote
They are both.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They are both.
View Quote
Well shit my pants.  Time to combine the Ghetto Blaster with all the titanium parts from my ultralight build.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I was just about to build a pistol well I guess it’s time for me to finally do some nfa stuff
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I got it, so I have 10 days to get it postmarked and in the mail correct?
View Quote
Yes...
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#33]
If anyone is getting cards from the ATF, get more than what you need now.  Not only for extras if you make a mistake, but for further Form1s.  While doing your Form1 further down the road and you use a couple, but still have some left, order more.  Keep them on hand.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#34]
I hadn't realized the form asked for barrel length.  is it weird if my OAL is more than 26 and does it matter who I put as CLEO?

The lower, bought as a rifle, currently has a 14.5 pinned but the idea would be to build with a 11.5 eventually.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I hadn't realized the form asked for barrel length.  is it weird if my OAL is more than 26?

The lower, bought as a rifle, currently has a 14.5 pinned but the idea would be to build with a 11.5 eventually.
View Quote
Best advice I have ever read/ heard when it comes to OAL is to just google and find a factory gun that you want to emulate and use that oal.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Best advice I have ever read/ heard when it comes to OAL is to just google and find a factory gun that you want to emulate and use that oal.
View Quote
Thanks that's direction I was thinking.  looks like SS is going to integrate next week.  wonder what the cost will be since they already have my prints, etc.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thanks that's direction I was thinking.  looks like SS is going to integrate next week.  wonder what the cost will be since they already have my prints, etc.
View Quote
What are you talking about SS to integrate next week?

Are they offering  something thru the eform system?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve heard talk that they will have the system setup so the eform 1s can be submitted through their system.

Basically you pay them to send your prints in for you instead of filling out the eform on the atf’s page you would do it through theirs and they mail your prints. They’ll just charge you a fee to do it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I’ve heard talk that they will have the system setup so the eform 1s can be submitted through their system.

Basically you pay them to send your prints in for you instead of filling out the eform on the atf’s page you would do it through theirs and they mail your prints. They’ll just charge you a fee to do it.
View Quote
They told me via email they'd be "integrating" next week. No idea what the cost would be but could be good to avoid the extra work of taking and mailing prints, if the cost is reasonable. I think they'd send you to a page/form to confirm personal info and fill out your lower info and handle the prints part.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Back in the game with another one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They told me via email they'd be "integrating" next week. No idea what the cost would be but could be good to avoid the extra work of taking and mailing prints, if the cost is reasonable. I think they'd send you to a page/form to confirm personal info and fill out your lower info and handle the prints part.
View Quote
Crap. Well I see the eforms system being shut down in the not so foreseeable future.....

I ordered 2 small parts I need yesterday from brownells to finish out my dedicated 9mm SBR. going to build it out and then do a function test as a pistol then efile it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yes you can.

View Quote
@swampfoxoutdoors where do you contact them to get your prints mailed?

I just had them do it for a can at the kiosk a few weeks back. so my thought it I've been sitting on a stagecoach shotgun for like 4 years I've wanted to do this to. May as well Form 1 it while it's up and cut that puppy down to mad max.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@swampfoxoutdoors where do you contact them to get your prints mailed?

I just had them do it for a can at the kiosk a few weeks back. so my thought it I've been sitting on a stagecoach shotgun for like 4 years I've wanted to do this to. May as well Form 1 it while it's up and cut that puppy down to mad max.
View Quote
When I did mine I called them on the phone and they told me that they could print them off and send them to me. I opted to go to the local Sheriffs office and play there stupid little game to get them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

When I did mine I called them on the phone and they told me that they could print them off and send them to me. I opted to go to the local Sheriffs office and play there stupid little game to get them.
View Quote
thanks, I'll call them on Monday. My whole goal is to do this without leaving my house. my first round of NFA took trips to the sheriff for sign off, a different place for prints, like 8 trips to the gun store, etc. This one is worth it to me if I can not drive anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

thanks, I'll call them on Monday. My whole goal is to do this without leaving my house. my first round of NFA took trips to the sheriff for sign off, a different place for prints, like 8 trips to the gun store, etc. This one is worth it to me if I can not drive anywhere.
View Quote
I know what you mean. You can just roll your own as well. What I plan on doing.

I actually did a high res scan of the ones I got at the Sheriffs office. May try printing them off on card stock.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:05:15 PM EDT
[#47]
I received my cover letter but for the "attach fingerprints cards for responsible person below" it says Null Null?  It shows my name as the submitter.  Normal or did I mess up?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I received my cover letter but for the "attach fingerprints cards for responsible person below" it says Null Null?  It shows my name as the submitter.  Normal or did I mess up?
View Quote
It should at least show your name. If you have other RPs it will show them as well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It should at least show your name. If you have other RPs it will show them as well.
View Quote
Hmm, that’s odd. Guess I need to Ask the Experts. I’m the only named responsible person on the trust.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#50]
When doing the form is there guidance on doing the photo?  Do you just use your phone kinda like the SS app?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top