Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.remington.com/other-products/model-870-tac-14-arm-brace

Not an SBS,  it an AOW.  It's a firearm.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, it's not true.

If you're talking about rifle vs SBR or shotgun vs SBS, then yes, 26" is where the line is drawn for OAL.

And that's because 26" is the generally accepted max length for concealability.

However, there are firearms that are >26" OAL and yet still considered AOWs. Cane guns are the most obvious example.

So...the blanket statement of "Over 26" OAL isn't an AOW, regardless of barrel length" is not true.
View Quote
You are correct.

If I understand, the the definition of the word "concealed" as it applies to a cane gun or an umbrella gun, means that it does not look like a "gun" and therefore the fact that it is a gun is "concealed."

I believe that ATF uses the term "disguised device" in the NFA Handbook although I am not sure it appears in the CFR or USC.

I'm sure you know that, but I was just throwing it out there for other who my want to discuss it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, it's not true.

If you're talking about rifle vs SBR or shotgun vs SBS, then yes, 26" is where the line is drawn for OAL.

And that's because 26" is the generally accepted max length for concealability.

However, there are firearms that are >26" OAL and yet still considered AOWs. Cane guns are the most obvious example.

So...the blanket statement of "Over 26" OAL isn't an AOW, regardless of barrel length" is not true.
View Quote
Were not talking cane guns in this thread.
In the context of the dis ussion in this thread that is accurate,
Especially in context of my reply vis-a-vis barrel length.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top