BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 27
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 4:14:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluesx] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RLunyATL:
For realsies? It hasn't even been a month. People in this thread, on this page, are looking at 12-24 months.
View Quote
Yeah, my bad. I filed an eform 1.

Update, approved 4-20-19
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I emailed a state rep, who got me a privacy release form. I sent it back, and they forwarded it to a congressmans office who told me they would they would get me some results.

Everyone i emailed was quick to respond and the ones i talked to on the phone were happy to help me, so hopefully i get an approval soon.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck.  They sure helped me.

I have a few more days before it'll be a month since my last efile and I'll sick them on the ATF again.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 7:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#4]
I have been waiting 397 days since check cashed as of today. Still nothing.  I contacted my rep on 2/8/19 and went through all the motions.  All i got was "Your  queued for an FBI check. I will notify you when it is approved."  And after telling them that is not good enough because The wait is too damn long. I get a "We cannot skip you ahead in the line. That cannot be done. You just have to wait."  
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:08:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chase45] [#5]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
I have been waiting 397 days since check cashed as of today. Still nothing.  I contacted my rep on 2/8/19 and went through all the motions.  All i got was "Your  queued for an FBI check. I will notify you when it is approved."  And after telling them that is not good enough because The wait is too damn long. I get a "We cannot skip you ahead in the line. That cannot be done. You just have to wait."  
View Quote
Yup me too

Still pending too

Im just going to start calling every single day. Its getting really hard for me to hide my discontent with these guys when they give me the same excuse "muh gov shutdown, Got too many of muh $200 a pop forms to go through"

"Okay well any idea for an eta?"

"Nope muh gov shutdown soooo many forms at $200 a pop"

Fuck em
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I was just informed that my 2 form 4s that were in "pending FBI" were finally approved.

406 days from first pending at ATF.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Since it's happened on the last three forms in a row, I'm done with hoping that getting stuck in background was a one-time thing. I'll probably get a UPIN eventually, but in the short term, I do have a plan for my current F4.

Since eFiles go into background almost immediately, I'm planning on putting one in and hopefully timing it to be approved around the same time or a bit after my current F4 goes to "awaiting background check." That way, I can have a background check going on concurrently with waiting for the F4 to go into "awaiting background" status. If I time it right, I'll be able to skip most or all of the background wait on the F4 :D.

Perhaps not the most elegant solution, but I need another F1 anyway, so I figure it's worth a shot. The tricky part will be making sure the eFile isn't approved too early.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Muzap:
I was just informed that my 2 form 4s that were in "pending FBI" were finally approved.

406 days from first pending at ATF.
View Quote
Congrats.  Now, I hope it won't take two months for the stamps to arrive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:43:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JAMF] [#9]
Just got an approval on one i submitted a month ago, hopefully i can get em to use that approvalfor the one ive been waiting on since halloween.

Edit: After making multiple calls today to the ATF, i got ahold of  a woman named Jessica who looked into it and it looks like they got my approval back, just haven't processed it yet.

Lightning fast results from my congress man, hell i just talked to em friday.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:46:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spooled] [#10]
Just got my 10-26-18 e file approved, already emailed Jesse huff begging to clear my 12-6-18 and 2-6-19 forms using the same bgc. If those clear I'm calling and begging for my form 4 to LOL
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By krdt:
Since it's happened on the last three forms in a row, I'm done with hoping that getting stuck in background was a one-time thing. I'll probably get a UPIN eventually, but in the short term, I do have a plan for my current F4.

Since eFiles go into background almost immediately, I'm planning on putting one in and hopefully timing it to be approved around the same time or a bit after my current F4 goes to "awaiting background check." That way, I can have a background check going on concurrently with waiting for the F4 to go into "awaiting background" status. If I time it right, I'll be able to skip most or all of the background wait on the F4 :D.

Perhaps not the most elegant solution, but I need another F1 anyway, so I figure it's worth a shot. The tricky part will be making sure the eFile isn't approved too early.
View Quote
Does having a UPIN speed up the process?
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Curious too about this and if there are any circumstances/scenarios in which you would not want them to hold your information.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

In theory? Yes, it should. Depends on whether your NFA background delay is due to receiving an actual "delay" on your NICS check, or if there some other process that triggers further research. Considering many of us seem to get it form after form, I have to assume it's the result of a repeated "delay" on the NICS check (and not some sort of random process). The UPIN should allow the FBI to retain the research results of whatever was causing the delay and move to an immediate proceed (assuming no new information is added to your record after receiving your UPIN that could potentially cause a delay).

In my case, I've found on standard Title I checks that if my dealer uses the computer system to run the check, it tends to result in an automatic delay. On the other hand, if he calls in, he's usually transferred to the next level "research" department and is able to get an approval within a few minutes. Pretty frustrating to imagine the reason I'm getting 4 months or more of extra wait time on NFA items is very likely due to what amounts to less than 3 minutes of extra "research." I actually added a cover sheet to my latest F4 requesting the examiner to run my NICS check via a phone call rather than the computer if at all possible, along with a short explanation. Doubtful it'll make a difference, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

The wrench in the works is that many of those who get delayed on NFA backgrounds never get delayed on normal Title I checks; which doesn't seem to make sense. If there is some sort of process we're unaware of that triggers further research on a Title II check that isn't directly related to an official "delay," then I'm not sure a UPIN would be beneficial. Furthermore, I've heard of several cases where someone that regularly received delays went through the effort of getting a UPIN and still received a delay on their next check.

Apparently, it isn't even guaranteed to work in the exact situation it should be most useful, heh.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 5:21:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: number40Fan] [#14]
Well, I just sent off a filled out VAF paper work and finger print cards to get a UPIN.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 2:58:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By number40Fan:
Well, I just sent off a filled out VAF paper work and finger print cards to get a UPIN.
View Quote
Same here

Funny story (not really). Last week I went to pick up a rifle and got denied on the PICS check. Filled out a challenge form and today received a letter from the PA State Police.  Says  that they determined I am not prohibited and to keep and show the letter when purchasing firearms from now on. WTF?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#16]
What good would that paper do you?  Any sensible gun store owner would just run the NICS check and if you are denied, refuse the sale.  Having that piece of paper wouldn't mean anything to me if I were the owner.  In this era of people doing stupid things, I wouldn't want to be accused of selling a gun to someone because they had a piece of paper which could probably be replicated on a printer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By chase45:
Yup me too

Still pending too

Im just going to start calling every single day. Its getting really hard for me to hide my discontent with these guys when they give me the same excuse "muh gov shutdown, Got too many of muh $200 a pop forms to go through"

Fuck em
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
Yup me too

Still pending too

Fuck em
Yep, I got the same canned response about “the shutdown.”    Also told me that there was no way to combine a September stamp with my 4/1/18 purchase.  

Smug is the perfect word for the guy I talked to.  He enjoys delivering bad news.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm sure they see this as a great way to punish Trump supporters by blaming it on the shut down that they blame Trump for.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Intune69:

Yep, I got the same canned response about “the shutdown.”    Also told me that there was no way to combine a September stamp with my 4/1/18 purchase.  

Smug is the perfect word for the guy I talked to.  He enjoys delivering bad news.
View Quote
Yup

Beyond one chick Ive gotten a few times smug is a good word to describe them.

My examiner seemed worse about it than the normal people just answering the calls too

What can you do though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Congrats.  Now, I hope it won't take two months for the stamps to arrive.
View Quote
Stamps arrived Monday. One week from approval. At least THAT happened without delays.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Muzap:
Stamps arrived Monday. One week from approval. At least THAT happened without delays.
View Quote
I had a few form 4s approved last Monday (4/8) , as of today my dealer has received all but one stamp.. of course my MG is the one thats yet to arrive.. the one I was looking forward to the most.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#22]
sent form 4 yesterday and doing another next week. waiting sucks
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:29:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Effenpig] [#23]
What good would that paper do you?  Any sensible gun store owner would just run the NICS check and if you are denied, refuse the sale.  Having that piece of paper wouldn't mean anything to me if I were the owner.  In this era of people doing stupid things, I wouldn't want to be accused of selling a gun to someone because they had a piece of paper which could probably be replicated on a printer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 1:12:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: number40Fan] [#24]
Was I wrong in thinking that, Effenpig?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:46:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chase45] [#25]
View Quote
nvm
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Still pending

was told the average is 9 months by Melissa

Lol
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
It's not like you flash the letter in lieu of a background check

The whole point of the letter is so the dealer has the unique reversal number/code they can submit in case there is an issue when they run future PICS/NICS checks
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Ah, didn't know it had some kind of number on it.  Just figured it was a "This guy is good to go on buying firearms" kind of letter.

Thanks for the explanation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Still pending

Lol
View Quote
It's probably closer to 7 months, but my 20 month wait pushed the average up two months.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#30]
The Sig 45 can that I picked up last week was an 11 month wait.

I have one more I'm waiting on and it was sent last July.

I have 4 suppressors now and was intending on getting more.
Not now, I'm done with this long wait and it's not getting any better.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GGF:
The Sig 45 can that I picked up last week was an 11 month wait.

I have one more I'm waiting on and it was sent last July.

I have 4 suppressors now and was intending on getting more.
Not now, I'm done with this long wait and it's not getting any better.
View Quote
Meh, you're doing it wrong. Don't stop buying cans,  buy more cans.

That way after the initial wait you have cans coming in at regular intervals
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Still pending

Lol
View Quote
Same. I was told in a polite way that I shouldn't bother calling and checking on my Nov 8, 2018 submission until after August

Seems like they're making a point to tell callers about the new "updated timeline"

I
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Effenpig:

Same. I was told in a polite way that I shouldn't bother calling and checking on my Nov 8, 2018 submission until after August

Seems like they're making a point to tell callers about the new "updated timeline"

I
View Quote
And what about April 19, 2018 submissions?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#34]

I
View Quote
Yeah its too bad that Im wayyy beyond their updated timeline

Still pending as of today

One of my reps should be checking back in with me here at the end of the month. Be interesting to see what he has to say. I doubt itll do any good however
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 11:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Br00D] [#35]
purchased 12/13/18
check cashed 1/15/19
~129 more days if the planets align
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:43:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Just got my 10-26-18 e file approved, already emailed Jesse huff begging to clear my 12-6-18 and 2-6-19 forms using the same bgc. If those clear I'm calling and begging for my form 4 to LOL
View Quote
Any luck with Jessie?  I just did the same.  It has been a week with no reply.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Anybody see this post from Capitol Armory seeing some batch approvals?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxAz6QqlxDd/
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#38]

One of my reps should be checking back in with me here at the end of the month. Be interesting to see what he has to say. I doubt itll do any good however
View All Quotes

I

Obviously that's the non PBGC timeline
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a few customers who are well over a year on their Form 4 application. I would like to create a document to give to these customers, and any future customers, who would like to contact their State  officials in order to get through "Pending FBI background check" problem.

Can you guys help me with want official should be contacted, and the verbiage that should be in the letter. I will put this information together with the email address of the official in hopes of helping these customers who have abnormally long wait times.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#40]
I had success contacting a rep to help with a couple eform1s earlier this year.  Got ahold of them again, after a longer wait then everyone else, on my last one.  The reply from the ATF this go around was different then the first time.  Essentially, they told my rep to tell me to "shut up and wait".
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I had success contacting a rep to help with a couple eform1s earlier this year.  Got ahold of them again, after a longer wait then everyone else, on my last one.  The reply from the ATF this go around was different then the first time.  Essentially, they told my rep to tell me to "shut up and wait".
View Quote
The reps do a whole lot less than what people in this subforum think, imho.

Mine didnt do shit for me.

He then wanted to pass the buck to a completely different rep since him asking the ATF was doing fuck all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#42]

The reps do a whole lot less than what people in this subforum think, imho.

Mine didnt do shit for me.

He then wanted to pass the buck to a completely different rep since him asking the ATF was doing fuck all.
View Quote
I agree with this.

The first two reps I contacted didn't do a damn thing other than "we will see what we can do...but they're pretty busy down at the atf" blah blah blah.

I eventually contacted Lyndsey Graham, and did get approval 10 days after contacting him...this was after a 19 month wait. Contacted Graham last because I like him the least of the three.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GTBJW:

And what about April 19, 2018 submissions?
View Quote
I received my approved Form 1 in the mail today. Approval is dated 21 May 2019.

393 days from the date my check was cashed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Just wanted to give a quick update..Form 4 Trust with 3 RP's, sent April 27, 2018, check cashed May 11th. 1 of the RP's has been stuck in the FBI hell hole since September of last year. I spoke to my examiner this morning(Carrie), she said they are processing checks from August, shouldn't be too much longer
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#45]
I just found this thread.  It took me 15 months for my form to get approved.  After a year I called the ATF and they told me they were waiting on the FBI background check.  I kind of figured that was BS.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:23:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marcus5819] [#46]
Well guys add me to this list.
Per Heather Huff
Good Afternoon,

It would appear that they were fine.

We are currently awaiting a final determination from FBI regarding your background check. Once we get that response from FBI, we will be able to proceed with the review of the application.

Is this a generic response??
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By marcus5819:
Well guys add me to this list.
Per Heather Huff
Good Afternoon,

It would appear that they were fine.

We are currently awaiting a final determination from FBI regarding your background check. Once we get that response from FBI, we will be able to proceed with the review of the application.

Is this a generic response??
View Quote
Sure is lol.
About 4 months after that email my Form1 was approved.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Are they still letting you know if you're in FBI background check hell? I've been asking if it's regular pending vs FBI background check, and they tell me they can't see that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
Are they still letting you know if you're in FBI background check hell? I've been asking if it's regular pending vs FBI background check, and they tell me they can't see that.
View Quote
It seems to depend on who you get and how far they want to dig for you.
I've been told both.

In my experience, phone operators just want the conversation to end Asap.
Emails have given me a bit more info, but again just depends on who's on the other side.

For reference, with the Fbi check it seems to add about 2-3 months extra on the wait.
(At least, for me )
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

It seems to depend on who you get and how far they want to dig for you.
I've been told both.

In my experience, phone operators just want the conversation to end Asap.
Emails have given me a bit more info, but again just depends on who's on the other side.

For reference, with the Fbi check it seems to add about 2-3 months extra on the wait.
(At least, for me )
View Quote
Well, I'm at 11 months.

Got it a good email contact?
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top