Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2017 9:53:24 PM EDT
So I am finally pulling the trigger and submitting a form 1 and had a friend run my prints for me at the police station.

First question, I don’t have the ORI info for the ATF printed in the box from their system. Should I hand write this in or leave it blank?

Second question, employer address...I’ve read varying things about this. Ranging from it’s the person who took the prints, to your employer info, to leaving it blank. Which is preferential?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Do not leave the ORI blank. You can hand write WVATF0800 ATF - NFA BRANCH or you can print it on there.
Leave employer & address blank. It's for the place you're applying for employment at (if applicable).
Reason printed - NFA Form 1
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would agree to provide the proper ORI.

For employer, you can also write "Self" and your address again.

In case you haven't seen it, maybe this post helps?
View Quote
I did read your post. About 15 times to make sure I’ve got everything right. A very useful post for sure. Thank you for that.  I wasn’t sure that applied since I did not run my own prints.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do not leave the ORI blank. You can hand write WVATF0800 ATF - NFA BRANCH or you can print it on there.
Leave employer & address blank. It's for the place you're applying for employment at (if applicable).
Reason printed - NFA Form 1
View Quote
Will do. Thank you
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Does it matter if the ORI says “NATL TRA CTR” or “NFA BRANCH”
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn’t matter, as long as it reads WVATF0800.

It should go back from the FBI to your application packet at ATF, but reason printed “NFA Form 1” will help them find the packet if it gets separated. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Doesn’t matter, as long as it reads WVATF0800.

It should go back from the FBI to your application packet at ATF, but reason printed “NFA Form 1” will help them find the packet if it gets separated. 
View Quote
Got it. Modified mine from just “NFA”

I did also call Martinsburg to hear their opinion. They are ok with handwritten ORI info, and they wanted my employers address. Now I’m sure that is the opinion of one person down there, but people in the future can see this came from the horses mouth.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#8]
FWIW - my first post-41F fingerprint cards had my local sheriff's office ORI info on them. I called ATF and asked, lady on the phone said they have their own stickers they put over the ORI block if it's wrong. I also didnt put employer info, social security, etc and it was approved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top