Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2017 9:34:30 AM EDT
Morning Everyone,

I have made a trade offer to a local shop, and awaiting a meeting for negotiations.

I'm offering:
  SWD M11/9; paid $3,750
  Powder Springs M10/9; paid $4,250
  Powder Springs M10/45; receiver only; brand new; paid $6,000
  Vector/Group full size RR Uzi; paid $8,200
All in super shape. I'm the original owner of all but the M10/9

for their M16A2 that they have stickered at $29,500.

I figure my offer is worth $7,500 + $7,500 + $6,500 + $13,000 = $34,500, which covers their margin, if that is what they need.

Note that I already have an M16A1. I'm at the point in my collecting that I'm just not that interested in subguns any longer.

Would you make this trade from my point of view?

If you are a dealer, would you take this offer? I figure they have far more buyers in the $7K range than in the $30K range, so they could move my guns faster.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The last few vector uzi's I have seen were listed at 15K so your value could be a little higher.

That's a hard question to answer since you're trading 4 MG's for 1 but since you have no interest in sub guns it might be the right deal for you.

Have you considered buying the M16A2 and selling your guns yourself? I think you'd come out ahead by several thousand.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I absolutely could sell first, buy later. My dealer offers 90 days same as cash, and they have 5 for sale, so I’m not in a great hurry.

What are the sell in 60 days prices?

What do you think about Richard Lage making the M16 uppers go the MACs? I’m potentially losing a good sum of money if they jump to $10k overnight when he releases them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Sell the Uzi now for  $13k and use that for your down payment.  Wait a month and sell the PS M10 for $7k and pay down your balance.  Wait another month and sell the M11 and see if two months has increased its value any.  You'll get $27k out of these sales, pay the balance out of pocket and keep the stripped M10 receiver and see if it goes up more over the next year.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in the same boat.

I have 11 Macs.

I only want to keep 2. I would like to turn the other 9 into a M60.

But When do I cash out??
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
One thing to consider if you trade vs. sell is you will owe "collectible" capital gains tax on the sale of those assets.

Looks like you have right about $22,000 in them.  If you were to sell them all for $34,500 you would have a net gain of ~$12,500.

I don't know what you current tax bracket is, but if we assume you hit the collectibles ceiling of 28% (if you make more than $91K per year) than you are going to owe Uncle Sam $3,500 (plus state tax) which pretty much wipes out any gain you take from selling them for the higher price vs. trading.

Technically you would still owe the capital gains tax if you "trade" but its pretty much difficult to tell if you walk into a gun store with a pile of machineguns and walk out with another gun in a swap.

However, if you sell them all and deposit the checks, money orders, etc. into your account its going to be pretty hard to explain to the IRS where $34K in deposits came from and why you didn't pay any tax on the sale of the assets.

Just something to consider.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
No, I would not trade.

All your guns are going up in value. Especially the macs lately.

When MGs hit 30k, it seems like they are on the market for months before they sell. If you ever wanted to liquidate, the guns you have now will sell faster.

Also Lage is coming out with a 5.56 upper for your mac.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't, no, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. If SMGs aren't doing it for you and you have your heart set on the other, then it's a no-brainer. Collector-wise, it's likely a different story. I think at some point, all transferables will be close (or closer than they currently are) in price regardless of what they are. Just a gut feel though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Some very good insight, thank you guys.

Bottom line is that MACs are moving higher and faster than other sub-$20K guns, I believe they will bump up significantly when the M16 Lage upper hits the market. I can see MACs surpassing UZIs in two years, and very close to non-Colt M16s in 5 years.

I’m going to hold what I have.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The last few vector uzi's I have seen were listed at 15K so your value could be a little higher.

That's a hard question to answer since you're trading 4 MG's for 1 but since you have no interest in sub guns it might be the right deal for you.

Have you considered buying the M16A2 and selling your guns yourself? I think you'd come out ahead by several thousand.
View Quote
I paid $13,800 for my Vector Uzi, 3weeks ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top