Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2017 11:34:47 AM EDT
I'm new to the NFA stuff and got my first stamp back yesterday so I'm understandably excited.  I'm just curious what you all do with your original stamps?  So far I've done a hi res scan and saved it to my phone and also made a copy to put in my case.  But what do you generally do with your originals?  Keep in fire box or safe?  Safety deposit box?  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Gunsafe or safety deposit box should be good. 

I printed of copies at 50%, and 100% and had them laminated, originals stay at home.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm new to the NFA stuff and got my first stamp back yesterday so I'm understandably excited.  I'm just curious what you all do with your original stamps?  So far I've done a hi res scan and saved it to my phone and also made a copy to put in my case.  But what do you generally do with your originals?  Keep in fire box or safe?  Safety deposit box?  Thanks in advance!
View Quote

I have not done any projects since the "electronic" stamps came out.  All of my stamps are, well, stamps.

I do a high res scan and then put the originals in a fire-proof safe.

I print copies and store a separate set in my gun safe.

I print copies and have them in a zippered nylon folder than I take with me anytime I leave the house with an NFA item.

Since all of my originals are scanned I probably should put a copy in my phone, but I've been doing this a long time and no one has every asked to see a Form.

I used to keep copies in my truck, but one day I decided that if my truck or its contents are stolen, I really didn't want the thieve to know I have a bunch of guns, NFA or otherwise.

In fact, I have removed everything from my car and truck that has my address on it.  I guess I'm getting more and more paranoid in my old age.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for the slight highjack...

For those of you saving scans to your phones, are you saving both sides or just the front showing the stamp?
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For those of you saving scans to your phones, are you saving both sides or just the front showing the stamp?
View Quote
Older Forms have the approval signature on the back.  For those forms I think it would be appropriate to store both the front and back.

Each of my guns/cans have their own folder.  Within that folder is a scan of the front and back of the Form 1/4 and any other documents or information related to that particular gun or can.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a copy tattooed on my ass, so I can show it whenever requested.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep originals in plastic sleeves, in a binder, in the gun safe. I also keep my trust in the same binder.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:07:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Both sides, if you are scanning the front, no reason not to scan the back.

As for the originals, I keep mine in a plastic folder in my safe
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I keep my originals in one of those small lockable sentry fire "safe" that is designed for document protection that is located in the bottom of one of my gun safes.

For travel, I make full size copies (both front and back) that I keep in zippered 3 ring binder.

I don't have any desire to try and scan, organize, and store 60 to 70 NFA F4/1F1s on my phone which may or may not have service or battery life when I need it or get pushback from some older LE officer who doesnt understand electronic documents and/or wants to then take my phone to review.  

For me personally its just easier to keep physical copies all in a binder that doesnt have a dependency on a finicky electronic device which gets replaced every couple years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top