Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2017 11:09:23 PM EDT
So I submitted paperwork for a form 4 transfer of a suppressor from my dealer back in January.  It's a trust transfer.

It occurred to me back then, and is occurring to me again now, that I don't remember if I put anything on the schedule.  The trust has stuff in it, but I have folders on my desk with copies of the trust and all the paperwork I need in them that I can quickly grab and go if I have the urge to buy something.  The schedules in those folders are blank.

Normally what I do is simply fill out he schedule with the info for the new item and then send it in.  The schedules they receive don't actually have all the stuff in my trust listed on the schedule, though I have a master list.

So the TL/DR is that my application may have been submitted with a blank trust schedule.  I just can't remember if I filled it out or not when doing the paperwork.  I think I was distracted by all the new fingerprint stuff, etc.

What should I do?  Is is possible to update the application by faxing the branch a copy?  Should I just wait for them to get to it and possibly deny the application or send it to problem status?  Any way to proactively fix this if it wasn't done right?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't matter...the BATFE doesn't look at any of your schedules when processing a new form.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
^Good to know
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:17:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It doesn't matter...the BATFE doesn't look at any of your schedules when processing a new form.
View Quote
Really?  Even while assessing the validity of the trust?  A trust needs an asset in it to exist.

Sure, they could look in their system and see that there is stuff registered to that trust, but I wouldn't think they're that proactive
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:15:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
They certainly did the time I forgot to include the schedule.

I had a nice examiner call me and let me fax the schedule.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:07:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Really?  Even while assessing the validity of the trust?  A trust needs an asset in it to exist.

Sure, they could look in their system and see that there is stuff registered to that trust, but I wouldn't think they're that proactive
View Quote
The attorney that did my trust also says they don't look at schedules. IIRC in my trust documents it says something about funded with the sum of ten dollars.. something like that.. which is what gives the trust its initial asset.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They certainly did the time I forgot to include the schedule.

I had a nice examiner call me and let me fax the schedule.
View Quote
You put a phone number on the application?  My dealer's is on there I guess, but certainly not mine
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
The trust just needs to be valid, some states' trust law will say a trust needs to hold property to be valid, so it will vary in regard to the validity of a "blank schedule".

However, the BATFE does not need, nor will they check to see if the schedule is "up-to-date" with all current NFA holdings.  Over the years I have sent in many form 1's and they all were accompanied by the same, original copy of my trust and schedule A that simply listed the initial $200 funding on the schedule, I never send them the updated schedules with the added NFA items and they have always approved the subsequent forms.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The trust just needs to be valid, some states' trust law will say a trust needs to hold property to be valid, so it will vary in regard to the validity of a "blank schedule".

However, the BATFE does not need, nor will they check to see if the schedule is "up-to-date" with all current NFA holdings.  Over the years I have sent in many form 1's and they all were accompanied by the same, original copy of my trust and schedule A that simply listed the initial $200 funding on the schedule, I never send them the updated schedules with the added NFA items and they have always approved the subsequent forms.
View Quote
Makes sense.  The form that I sent in either has the new can listed on it or is entirely blank though.  Not sure which.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:45:57 AM EDT
[#9]
As stated, a blank schedule is fine.

Don't make it more complicated than it has to be.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:48:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You put a phone number on the application?  My dealer's is on there I guess, but certainly not mine
View Quote
It was a Form 1. Box 3e is for your phone number, if I remember correctly.

And just to be clear - I keep an up to date schedule as a separated "MS word" file and forgot to include the schedule.  I did not submit an empty schedule, I failed to include any schedule and my trust language refers to "Schedule A."

This was a long time ago, before the number of applications skyrocketed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I always include a blank schedule a.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top