Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By r-2-k-b-a:
Unfortunately, it's a year recently for trusts.
View Quote
Year + in my case.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:59:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#2]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By loudxpack:
Whats the wait on form 1s? I'm seeing some get their form 1 trusts back from summer of 17, I submitted and my check cashed spring of 17 but its still pending.
form 1s? you are mistaken buddy, got mine back in about 6 months
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My trust form 1 took 357 days and got it 3/4 weeks ago.

I’m a year + on a F4 suppressor.

I thinks it has something to do with the state your in. But can not prove anything.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
651 days and counting for a Form 4 can on a trust.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:
651 days and counting for a Form 4 can on a trust.
View Quote
Well your grand kids will get to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:44:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#7]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Well your grand kids will get to enjoy it.
View Quote
No kids.

I’m canceling the transfer at day 730 with a colorful letter included. I’m never doing another NFA item.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#8]

No kids.

I’m canceling the transfer at day 730 with a colorful letter included. I’m never doing another NFA item.
View Quote
Something isn't right with your submission or your dealer didn't submit it.  Have you called the ATF with the serial number to see what is going on with it?  I would be checking with them until I figured out what was going on with the transfer.

ATF NFA division (304) 616-4500
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:31:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#9]
Originally Posted By volfan25:

Something isn't right with your submission or your dealer didn't submit it.  Have you called the ATF with the serial number to see what is going on with it?  I would be checking with them until I figured out what was going on with the transfer.

ATF NFA division (304) 616-4500
View Quote
This is my 17th or 18th stamp. I’ve called a dozen times or better and the answer is always that it’s pending. I’ve been put through to supervisors 3 or 4 times, never spoken to one, and haven’t received a call back.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:47:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad this thread is hear I came to start a rant thread. Why TF does the 5320.20 only have blocks for 3 items... I just did 7 separate 5320.20s what a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:52:49 AM EDT
[#11]

This is my 17th or 18th stamp. I’ve called a dozen times or better and the answer is always that it’s pending. I’ve been put through to supervisors 3 or 4 times, never spoken to one, and haven’t received a call back.
View Quote
I was in the same situation not being able to get anywhere ne on the phone. Finally I got their email address and they were prompt to communicate that way. Also got it resolved after the examiner cancelled the f4 for a falsely denied NICS. It was approved 2 months after resubmitting, the majority of that time was waiting on payment to clear and show up in the system. It only took 3 days to clear up the background check issue, yet here I am at 2 months waiting on another background check to clear.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 7:10:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#12]
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Just called and talked to a rather bitchy lady that disconnected me after inquiring about one F4 (to trust) transfer ("pending"), and asking about a second F4 that is coming from a dealer that is OOB. Called back, instant hangup. Called back, instant hangup. Called back, after many rings "Melissa" answered and was rather curt. I'm always super polite. Got my answer: "pending".

Both of them said that Trusts are looking at 9 months right now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I just called and spoke to Casey (K.C?) but she was nice, 6/2/17 still pending
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mr_Maim:

Both of them said that Trusts are looking at 9 months right now.
View Quote
AZ maybe 9 months GA is still at a year or year +.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#16]
VA, my Form 4 Trust 5/18/17 was in hand 2/2/18
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#17]

AZ maybe 9 months GA is still at a year or year +.
View Quote
Why is that? I thought examiners weren't assigned to regions anymore
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:

View Quote

Same here.  When I got my First Stamp I was told that the examiners had their own areas to cover.
Now it isn't?????
Is this supposed to make things faster?

Clue me in, I'm (currently) on Day 89 of my latest Can.  I estimate that I'm half-way there.  I'd like to know more.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:02:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#19]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:

View Quote
I have no proof, I have just noticed that other states are way ahead of others. I wish the NFA tracker data could be divided up by state.

I also wish members on here put down their state in their member data instead of USA.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
That doesn't mean someone didn't screw something up without your knowledge of it. Plus, your dealer (assuming you didn't purchase from an individual) should be helping resolve the non-typical transfer duration. You shouldn't be the only one inquiring about the possibly lost paperwork. Getting out of the NFA game sounds like giving up and letting the ATF win. Don't let them win.

I'm not sure if the addresses are still valid but try e-mailing: [email protected], possibly [email protected] / [email protected] They have both helped me when something was messed up with the paperwork by the ATF!
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#21]
form 4 1RP Submitted via SS 5/30/2017
Check cashed 9/5/2017

Is that normal to be so far apart?

getting antsy
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:48:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#22]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

No. I've never had one take more than two weeks at any point in the last 5 years.
View Quote
Well... guess I will need to get so shit faced tonight that I forget I ever even looked the dates up... maybe even buy another can.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#24]
The FBI spent as long to figure out I'm not a threat, as they did to find no Russia/Trump collusion.

I feel IMPORTANT!
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By BigMan74:

View Quote
Thats still pretty terrible timeframe.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigMan74:

I'm not disagreeing with you
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By assaultdog0351:
form 4 1RP Submitted via SS 5/30/2017
Check cashed 9/5/2017

Is that normal to be so far apart?

getting antsy
View Quote
Mine took about that long because some ATF idiot didn't correctly correspond my cashed check to my form. My FFL straightened it out and my approval took no longer than the next guy. This was a March 2017 transfer.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Why does it take forever to receive a stamp for an approved form? Fucking atf monkeys
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm still waiting on a January 30th approval.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By NemesisMind:
I'm still waiting on a January 30th approval.
View Quote
What a bunch of bullshit!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Form 4 trust...4 RP
Pending-27 March 2017

I have several stamps, this is my last one.....ridiculous
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#32]
377 days and counting. F4 Trust In GA, Ruger SR.

Just called and the lady said "its still pending".
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#33]
My Knight's Armament NT4 suppressor was approved this past Friday with a 7/19/17 pending date on a trust. Yet my Surefire SOCOM RC2 with a checked cashed date of 4/26/17 is still pending. The ATF works in mysterious ways!
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Cartel-:
My Knight's Armament NT4 suppressor was approved this past Friday with a 7/19/17 pending date on a trust. Yet my Surefire SOCOM RC2 with a checked cashed date of 4/26/17 is still pending. The ATF works in mysterious ways!
View Quote
There is no rhyme or reason on how things go over there.  I have 2 transfers just like the above:

2 Form 4s submitted same day in Dec'16, same check cashed date, same pending date (date when the s/n dropped from dealer's eforms inventory).  One of the form 4s came back Nov'17.  The other is stuck in the waiting on BGC 7th level of hell.  I don't see this happening unless they decided to send the 2 forms to 2 different examiners, doubling the work.

Another set of transfers, one sent May'17, another Aug'17, and the later submission comes back first, and the older one is also stuck on "waiting for BGC" line.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Georgia

TRUST

FORM 1 10/22 SBR (Silenecer Shop F1 Service with Barcode)

NFA Lawyers 41F Amendment removing 2 RP leaving myself as the sole RP

Payment Credit Card Via Silencer Shop service

Placed Order on SS on 7/28/2017

Received call 1/11/2018 that 41F Amendment was incorrect on another F1. I emailed the lady my updated amendment along with all of my other Serial numbers on all of my other pending F1s & F4s.  

Check Cashed 8/04/2017

Approved 2/14/2018

Mailed back 2/20/2018

Arrived 2/23/2018

Total days from Mailed to Approval………201
Total days from Mail box to Mail box……210

Whats so weird I have 3 other pending F4s that pre date when I sent off on this one. The F1 Trust submissions must have more examiners working on them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#36]
6 months today on a form 4 individual in Virginia.  WTF?
I thought individual was supposed to be around 5 months currently.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By slap_shot:
6 months today on a form 4 individual in Virginia.  WTF?
I thought individual was supposed to be around 5 months currently.
View Quote
Times are absolutely ridiculous.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Was informed today that the ATF/ NFA branch is making a "List" of names when people call to check their F1 or F4 status.

Any truth to this?

I don't see how or why they would do this. If they are intentionally delaying individuals forms based off of how much people may or may not call sounds illegal.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#39]
If they are intentionally delaying individuals forms based off of how much people may or may not call sounds illegal.
View Quote
lol.

That's the entire purpose of the NFA. The ATF is a vice squad.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Was informed today that the ATF/ NFA branch is making a "List" of names when people call to check their F1 or F4 status.

Any truth to this?

I don't see how or why they would do this. If they are intentionally delaying individuals forms based off of how much people may or may not call sounds illegal.
View Quote
Let me guess, a gun store employee told you this?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bunnybunny:
View All Quotes

Any truth to this?

Link Posted: 2/26/2018 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
Yes a employee that I considered highly educated on the process. Don’t know why he said it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes a employee that I considered highly educated on the process. Don’t know why he said it.
View All Quotes

chances are he's blowing smoke, probably got pissed because the person that picked up the phone when he called wasn't in the best mood because they literally only hear people complain all day about how long the process takes
I highly doubt the ATF has the capacity to start a list like this when they are already in over their heads and overworked as it is
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 12:08:20 AM EDT
[#44]
I have called the NFA line probably 4 times in my entire NFA journey. Every time I called I asked how the person was doing and went out of my way to be nice and never say anything negative. Every time the individual was nice and helpful. They got me the information I requested and I told them thank you and have a nice day.

The whole idea of them logging a list of when people call sounds like total BS.

I think its a tactic used by the shop to keep the buyers in the dark. That way they control when the buyer is notified of approval. If a stamp sits in a mail box for 2 weeks while they are on vacation the buyer doesn’t know so the gun shop is GTG.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I purchased 2 cans 4/23/17, SiCo Omega 9k and Hybrid.  They were both pending as of 2/22/18.  I filed on an amended Trust with 0 RP.

Will the ATF notify me or my dealer if they have a problem with my Trust?  Also, will they tell you if there is an issue causing a delay when you call and check the status?
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Still waiting on a 2/22 approval. How hard is it to mail a damned letter.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 4:43:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: r-2-k-b-a] [#47]
132 days so far, for my individual  F1 on an SBR.

NO excuse for this shit.  It should take a week with a NICS check and a government geek to look at the document I mailed and send it back.

I've never waited this long in almost 20 years.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Coming up on 8 months on individual F4. Girl said today FBI running a backlog so stamps going to 9 months.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JustinHEMI04:
Coming up on 8 months on individual F4. Girl said today FBI running a backlog so stamps going to 9 months.
View Quote
...a backlog of...

CHECK
CHECK
CHECK

It takes minutes to obtain a criminal history on someone via NCIC.

The NFA branch can't do anything about it either is the sad part. And as usual, we have no recourse and nowhere to go to fix it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Really amazed at how the individual forms have slowed down. Also really pissed off because I was on time line for it to be done next month but I got the 9 month statement from them as well.
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top