BCM
User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

@Nostromo

I called today on mine, submitted 9/5/17. I've had faxed in forms disappear before, but I emailed these and wanted to make sure they had them. Melissa said they were definitely in the system and pending.

You can call and check...just choose the options for "other forms" (not F1/F4 and then not EForms IIRC)
View Quote
@BigWaylon

Thanks for your follow up! I talked to Melissa this morning - my form is approved and on its way!

I posted in the official thread
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nostromo] [#2]
dupe
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
On a side note...  The last two posts in the SBR forum, "Post 41F Form 1 wait times" thread, were TRUSTS!
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Watching NFA Tracker, looks like Form 1 approvals stopped and Form 4s are getting approved, both individual.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Called early this morning.
F4 individual from mid March(I think) approved this morning.
First time calling.  What luck.

Have a F1 I mailed the same day and F1 and F4 sent off in April I didn't ask about.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I just delivered a Form 4 individual from the end of March 2017 yet my can from Nov 15 2016 is still in the vault. I didnt get anxious till I started delivering shit we submitted after mine.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kanewtervalve:
Watching NFA Tracker, looks like Form 1 approvals stopped and Form 4s are getting approved, both individual.
View Quote
Something is wrong with NFA tracker, I had a F1 trust approval on 9/27 I entered in and it's not showing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

Something is wrong with NFA tracker, I had a F1 trust approval on 9/27 I entered in and it's not showing.
View Quote
Was it over a year? The tracker seems capped at 365 days. There's lots of approvals over a year listed on there but they don't show up in the graph.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CrawdadsRevenge:

Was it over a year? The tracker seems capped at 365 days. There's lots of approvals over a year listed on there but they don't show up in the graph.
View Quote
Ah yup it was, I didn't know that
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#10]
if a month goes past the point when most other people have said they have received forms from a given time period, it is worth calling.  I have had a couple forms hung up and didn't have any idea until I called.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#11]
My F1 (individual) received 8/24/16 is still pending as of last week...WTF.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Reading all the recent posts, I feel I will be waiting a long time for my form 4 trust filed in June.

Lady on the phone said they were still working on form 4 trusts from Aug of last year

I hope she is wrong.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Reading all the recent posts, I feel I will be waiting a long time for my form 4 trust filed in June.

Lady on the phone said they were still working on form 4 trusts from Aug of last year

I hope she is wrong.
View Quote
Yeah really wishing I would have went individual at this point.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DirtNasty:

Yeah really wishing I would have went individual at this point.  
View Quote
You'll be happy you went trust in the future
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#15]

I hope she is wrong.
View Quote
I got my Sept. 2016 trust form 4 back a couple of weeks ago. 
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:31:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: volfan25] [#16]

I hope she is wrong.
View Quote
I spoke to someone from the nfa branch a few weeks ago and they said trust were being kept at a year to verify documents and to expect this as the norm for a while.  Also, they said most examiner's are being allocated to Individual forms and other tasks.  So from what I got when talking to them is to expect the average  wait on trusts to stay at a year.  

My take on this is they are trying to deter people from using trusts because they will take longer and they hope this will eventually reduce the number of trust submission greatly.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Didn't want to post in the tracker thread yet because I haven't gotten the form yet, but just called NFA branch and my MP40 was approved yesterday! Form 4 trust, two RPs. 371 days to approval...
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Didn't want to post in the tracker thread yet because I haven't gotten the form yet, but just called NFA branch and my MP40 was approved yesterday! Form 4 trust, two RPs. 371 days to approval...
View Quote
Nice! My MP40 went pending 6/5/17 lol miiiiiight be a while
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know how it is broken up, do the examiners handle certain states? If so I feel like whoever handles Idaho must be on a long vacation.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#20]
See ya in the other thread, gents!  
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Called on my f4 trust I sent off 10/13. The lady said trusts are taking 12-14 months as of right now, all the ones I've seen have been right at 1 year give or take a few weeks. I'm going to wait until November and then check back as mine went pending 10/26. Kind of frustrating as I have 5 more pending after that one, I'm not buying anymore until I atleast see my two from January approved. I have too much money tied up in cans and stamps at the moment to justify buying more until a few of those get approved.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Aby001:
Called on my f4 trust I sent off 10/13. The lady said trusts are taking 12-14 months as of right now, all the ones I've seen have been right at 1 year give or take a few weeks. I'm going to wait until November and then check back as mine went pending 10/26. Kind of frustrating as I have 5 more pending after that one, I'm not buying anymore until I atleast see my two from January approved. I have too much money tied up in cans and stamps at the moment to justify buying more until a few of those get approved.
View Quote
You would think that they could keep a file of who as an individual or which trust has gone through the process, compare the form in hand to what they have approved in the past and speed this unconstitutional process up.... why do I have to wait a year+ for something I've already paid for when I've been approved before numerous times and absolutely nothing has changed on my trust - I'm the only RP as well
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BigMan74:

You would think that they could keep a file of who as an individual or which trust has gone through the process, compare the form in hand to what they have approved in the past and speed this unconstitutional process up.... why do I have to wait a year+ for something I've already paid for when I've been approved before numerous times and absolutely nothing has changed on my trust - I'm the only RP as well
View Quote
I agree, my trust hasn't changed and will not anytime soon. I'm the only responsible person on mine as well so the background check is less involved than someone with multiple rp's.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Been 6 says since my omega has been approved.
Dealer hasn't called yet.

I realize this is normal but this is the complaint thread.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
Inconceivable! That would be too efficient and easy for the ATF to ever allow such a thing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By NemesisMind:
Inconceivable! That would be too efficient and easy for the ATF to ever allow such a thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NemesisMind:

I know, .gov vs private sector might as well be a third world county in the US.  Every other gov agency is making a push although small push to go paperless and the ATF wants us to send more paper?!?!?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By HK45USER:
Been 6 says since my omega has been approved.
Dealer hasn't called yet.

I realize this is normal but this is the complaint thread.
View Quote
I'm at like 34 days past approval and finally my dealer asked them to mail a copy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By volfan25:
I spoke to someone from the nfa branch a few weeks ago and they said trust were being kept at a year to verify documents and to expect this as the norm for a while.  Also, they said most examiner's are being allocated to Individual forms and other tasks.  So from what I got when talking to them is to expect the average  wait on trusts to stay at a year.  

My take on this is they are trying to deter people from using trusts because they will take longer and they hope this will eventually reduce the number of trust submission greatly.
View All Quotes

I hope she is wrong.

Seems odd - considering the fact that they can (and do) arbitrarily change the 'rules' - that they would go to the trouble of adding in all of the responsible person, fingerprint, and photo bullshit for trusts, then resort to just dragging their feet to discourage people from submitting them.  Why not just write something into the 'rule' that would accomplish the same?
Unless... maybe people weren't discouraged enough by 41F?  More post-7/13 trusts than they expected, so had to up the ante?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:00:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: volfan25] [#29]
Originally Posted By HotdogTaco:

Seems odd - considering the fact that they can (and do) arbitrarily change the 'rules' - that they would go to the trouble of adding in all of the responsible person, fingerprint, and photo bullshit for trusts, then resort to just dragging their feet to discourage people from submitting them.  Why not just write something into the 'rule' that would accomplish the same?
Unless... maybe people weren't discouraged enough by 41F?  More post-7/13 trusts than they expected, so had to up the ante?
View Quote
I'm thrown for a loop on that myself as it makes no sense unless they are trying to detur the usage of trusts all together due to the increased verification of trust documents and responsible person info.  Time will tell if trust and Individual forms will level out.  All I know is I have a November 2016 trust form 1 for a Zenith z5rs that is still pending and earlier this week I seen where a May 2017 individual form 1 for the same Zenith gun was approved with stamp in hand.  So looks like the ATF is realizing the added headache of forms and verifiaction of trusts due to 41f changes and are passing up trust forms.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack_Flag] [#30]
The stamps for my first suppressors came in. Not sure when they were approved. But got to my Class 3 dealer after 405 days total.

These are on a trust
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
If all that, assumptions and info is true, that's completely fucked up. But like I shouldn't be surprised.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Jack_Flag:
If all that, assumptions and info is true, that's completely fucked up. But like I shouldn't be surprised.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack_Flag:

we are talking about .gov, the largest union in the world.... i'm really not surprised at this laziness
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack_Flag] [#33]
Oh, I'm not surprised either.

With 41F and now this. They really don't want people doing trusts apparently.

I've got an Form 1 to do for a future SBR. I may just go the individual route with it. Pisses me off.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:50:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GiggleSmith] [#34]
Originally Posted By NicoG:
Anyone know how it is broken up, do the examiners handle certain states? If so I feel like whoever handles Idaho must be on a long vacation.
View Quote
It was the last time around, 10 years ago.  Certain examiners would be responsible for certain geographical areas.  You could be reasonably certain that you'd have the same examiner's name on more than one of your Forms.

Now I have no idea how the examiners are assigned.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:17:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
It was the last time around, 10 years ago.  Certain examiners would be responsible for certain geographical areas.  You could be reasonably certain that you'd have the same examiner's name on more than one of your Forms.

Now I have no idea how the examiners are assigned.
View Quote
Pretty sure they went back to state assignments in some form.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#36]
It appears Form 1 individual approvals are right around 6-7 months now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I just checked my numbers and I'm at 305 days after my check was cashed on a F4 Trust on a Mist. It was actually submitted via the kiosk in October 2016, but some sort of glitch in their magical system delayed my shit until December 2016.
I'm guessing I'll be at 2018 before I actually get my can.  The system is beyond fucked.  That's my general complaint.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By NicoG:
View Quote
I'm in ID and Jason Dicken is the examiner that was working on my F1 trust. FWIW since this is a bitch and moan thread, my form was approved on September 27th after erroneously being kicked back to me but as of today, 10/14/2017 I still haven't received it in the mail.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#39]

I'm in ID and Jason Dicken is the examiner that was working on my F1 trust. FWIW since this is a bitch and moan thread, my form was approved on September 27th after erroneously being kicked back to me but as of today, 10/14/2017 I still haven't received it in the mail.
View Quote
Mine should be back soon, Impact Guns got an error letter for my suppressor last week. Back in May my finger print cards were returned to them, nothing else just the card and now they requested them back.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Looking back to 2009: APPROVED August 11, Postmarked August 24, in my hands August 28.
I was seriously shocked when I got my last Form 4 so quickly after APPROVAL.  It looks like they are about Normal when they did yours.
Also: Looking at my examiners names I see a "Tracy Carswell" (?) and "Dawn Henson" twice, I cannot read the first ones in 2000 nor the Last ones names.  I can guess but that's it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Finally some movement on trusts but not the kind I wanted. I received a correction letter in mail Friday October 13th for a Form 1 I submitted on 10/05/16. It is for a CZ Bren 805. They are saying model is wrong. I had "805 Bren S1" and they said it is supposed to be "CZ 805 Bren S1". Since CZ is the manufacture I wouldn't think that is part of model name but if that's what they want, its what they'll get. I corrected form and went straight to post office. So I'll be calling in about two weeks to check on form status if I don't get stamp in mail by then.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TheBadGuy2:
Finally some movement on trusts but not the kind I wanted. I received a correction letter in mail Friday October 13th for a Form 1 I submitted on 10/05/16. It is for a CZ Bren 805. They are saying model is wrong. I had "805 Bren S1" and they said it is supposed to be "CZ 805 Bren S1". Since CZ is the manufacture I wouldn't think that is part of model name but if that's what they want, its what they'll get. I corrected form and went straight to post office. So I'll be calling in about two weeks to check on form status if I don't get stamp in mail by then.
View Quote
If it says CZ 805 Bren S1 on the gun, which I believe it does, that is the model name.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I just got my form 1 approved - 1 year.  No more trusts for me.  I have an MPX for a form 1.  March it looks like with these times. SUCK.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#44]
I was surprised to find this in the mail today... That took far too long

Form 1 Trust SBR (Only 1 person on trust).

Mailed on: 10/20/2016
Approved: 10/05/2017
Received: 10/16/2017

Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:44:56 AM EDT
[#45]

You'll be happy you went trust in the future
View Quote
Why?  You think trust processing is going to speed up?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:10:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By HRoark:

View Quote
When everyone else stops using them, they will.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FreedomFighterKS:
I was surprised to find this in the mail today... That took far too long

Form 1 Trust SBR (Only 1 person on trust).

Mailed on: 10/20/2016
Approved: 10/05/2017
Received: 10/16/2017

View Quote
Could have been worse, my 9/6/16 trust came in the mail yesterday as well!
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HRoark:

View Quote
The speed at which a particular form is processing should not be the determining factor in deciding trust vs. individual submission. Your present and future family/relative/friend situation should be the top factor. I have multiple things pending on Form 4 trusts, but even knowing about the delay I wouldn't have submitted as an individual. Submitted a machine gun on my wife's birthday back in March, she is super cool and we can't wait to run some drums!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RipGear:

The speed at which a particular form is processing should not be the determining factor in deciding trust vs. individual submission. Your present and future family/relative/friend situation should be the top factor. I have multiple things pending on Form 4 trusts, but even knowing about the delay I wouldn't have submitted as an individual. Submitted a machine gun on my wife's birthday back in March, she is super cool and we can't wait to run some drums!
View Quote
I'm with you, I have always gone individual because I don't need a trust, even when trusts were efiling way faster.  You do what you feel you need to and don't worry about wait times.

I was just wondering if he knew something we didn't.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I was speaking with an examiner and they said my trust form 4 had a problem, but since it has not been assigned an examiner they don't know what the problem is.

Who knows. I had an individual form approved last week from late March 2017 and I followed the same procedures and used the same people for fingerprints and passport ID photos. Curious to see what the issue is, my trust was done by a pretty well respected attorney too so I'm ruling that out.
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top