Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DriverDiver:
Silencer shop can kiss my ass with their bs marketing. 90 days they said at the beginning.  Well, today was 90 days since I efiled and nothing. I would be fine with waiting but I really do not like being lied to. And that's not to mention the delay in getting to certify of almost two months from purchase. I'll never buy from them again. Which means I'll likely never purchase another supressor since all the dealers around me go through them.
View Quote

Im with ya.
Purchased a can, had to wait close to two months before SS got it shipped out. They lied to me on the phone and emails when they returned contact at all.

Now Im at 100 something days and no stamps. So basically Im sitting over 5 months. Ive had regular form 4s go through at four months.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#2]
So about THREE WEEKS now since a single individual/non-trust eform 4 was approved in any of the threads.  While the trust approvals have clearly slowed down and/or bottlenecked, the individuals have flat out stopped.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:09:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Emt1581] [#3]
Originally Posted By Redoubt99:

Im with ya.
Purchased a can, had to wait close to two months before SS got it shipped out. They lied to me on the phone and emails when they returned contact at all.

Now Im at 100 something days and no stamps. So basically Im sitting over 5 months. Ive had regular form 4s go through at four months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Redoubt99:
Silencer shop can kiss my ass with their bs marketing. 90 days they said at the beginning.  Well, today was 90 days since I efiled and nothing. I would be fine with waiting but I really do not like being lied to. And that's not to mention the delay in getting to certify of almost two months from purchase. I'll never buy from them again. Which means I'll likely never purchase another supressor since all the dealers around me go through them.

Im with ya.

You both need to @ them on here or just message them directly.  They seem to be quite responsive in the SS NFA thread.  I know it took me hours to get them in a chat online.  However, that was 4 months ago.  Maybe it's different now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:05:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DriverDiver] [#4]
Originally Posted By Emt1581:

You both need to @ them on here or just message them directly.  They seem to be quite responsive in the SS NFA thread.  I know it took me hours to get them in a chat online.  However, that was 4 months ago.  Maybe it's different now.
View Quote

Doesn't much matter. Their replies to my comments on other media have been nothing but deflection and framing a narrative. They won't admit they screwed the pooch or flat out lied to get more sales.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:19:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DriverDiver] [#5]
So about THREE WEEKS now since a single individual/non-trust eform 4 was approved in any of the threads.  While the trust approvals have clearly slowed down and/or bottlenecked, the individuals have flat out stopped.
View Quote

Thankfully I've been seeing individuals trickling in on the reddit eform thread
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Thankfully I've been seeing individuals trickling in at the reddit eform thread
View Quote

Good to know.  First ANYONE has chimed in about individuals in weeks.  Wonder why individuals are processing slower than trusts?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

when the first e form 4 approvals starting tricking in, they were all individual. its been shown time and time again the ATF does approvals however they want; no rhyme or reason.

the tracking threads give insight to where they are, date wise; but its not a good indicator that is all they are currently approving.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I’d also bet on less people are filing as an individual, with the ATF’s certification requirement.

I believe my shop was running about 35-40% of our paper forms filed as individual, where as eforms I think we are down to 10-15% individual. Heck, I thought I saw Capitol Armory doesn’t even do individual submissions anymore, everything is trust for them. (For their TX customers, I might be wrong)

Combine less people filing as individual with the insane amount of forms submitted by SilencerShop powered dealers the middle of January and that could explain why the slow down over the past couple of weeks.

Or we are all just over thinking all of this and the ATF processed forms all Willy Nilly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 549] [#9]
What certification requirement are you referring to?

I filed both of mine in February as individual.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Individuals have to certify/submit in person, whereas Trusts can remote certify. So customers that live on the other end of the state, or don’t won’t to come back can remote certify/submit
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By aksahsalahs:
Individuals have to certify/submit in person, whereas Trusts can remote certify. So customers that live on the other end of the state, or don’t won’t to come back can remote certify/submit
View Quote

I understand.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Going to pick up my Surefire SOCOM and Mini right now. First filed paperwork with Silencershop in September of last year.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By aksahsalahs:
I’d also bet on less people are filing as an individual, with the ATF’s certification requirement.

I believe my shop was running about 35-40% of our paper forms filed as individual, where as eforms I think we are down to 10-15% individual. Heck, I thought I saw Capitol Armory doesn’t even do individual submissions anymore, everything is trust for them. (For their TX customers, I might be wrong)

Combine less people filing as individual with the insane amount of forms submitted by SilencerShop powered dealers the middle of January and that could explain why the slow down over the past couple of weeks.

Or we are all just over thinking all of this and the ATF processed forms all Willy Nilly.
View Quote

Based off my last conversation with Capitol Armory in the suppressor forum back in February they would still do a Individual transfer via a Paper Form 4 but would not do an eFile for an individual as they did not want customers coming into their shop to certify the eForm 4s in person.  This was after they got in trouble with the NFA branch and had eForm4 applications kicked back for certifying applications on customers behalf using the customers eForm login and pin.

The direct quote I received when I asked if they would do a eForm4 for an individual since I live a couple miles from their shop was "It's really just not feasible for our business model."

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I just got the call that my stamp was in, after 382 days of waiting. Paper filed Form 4 on a trust for a .22 can.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Just called about my Form 4 from last March and was told it is "pending but with an examiner". That's progress, I hope.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:37:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#16]
Eform submitted 1/28
Approved 5/20
Digital prints
I submitted two the same day, hope I get another ATF approval email today
Another was submitted in March so a batch approval of all3 woulda been nice

EA Vox .30
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Eform 4 approved today. Not batch approval of another one I have in. Also still waiting on a god damn eform 1 that’s 112 days in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I cannot see how with eforms how a search of their database by an examiner would not show other submitted forms, whether they be 1's or 4's. It would make sense if you're reviewing the submission by someone to see if they have other form submissions.

Do whatever the process is, make sure the info on the other forms jives, and barring mistakes, approve them all at once. Perhaps some examiners do this. I've had batch approvals on paper forms. I would think that that would involve more work than batch approving eforms.

I know, I know, oftentimes the whole process doesn't seem to make sense, but I tend to believe at least some folks there do care and try to do their job efficiently.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#19]
So, I just got a response from my congressman…

Dear Mr. Artimus009,

Enclosed is correspondence I have received in response to my inquiry on your behalf.  I appreciate the opportunity to be of service.  Please feel free to reach out and my office can conduct another status update after 60 days.

The ATF writes:

“Thank you for providing the required documents. After reviewing ATF’s National Firearms Registration & Transfer Record System (NFRTR), I found the following for Mr. Artimus009:

Serial no. TK#%###, eForm 4, control no. 2022#%^*. The application was received on 1/20/2022. On 1/20/2022 the status changed to PENDING.
Serial no. TK#%#%, eForm 4, control no. 2022[]{}#. The application was received on 1/20/2022. On 1/20/2022 the status changed to PENDING.

The NFA Division continues to receive an unprecedented volume of applications. For example, in a prior week, the NFA Division received over 32,000 combined NFA applications. The Division is working as diligently as possible to process these applications in the order received.

I hope this is helpful when responding to your constituent.

Sincerely,

Nathan Mires

Office of Public and Governmental Affairs

Legislative Affairs Division, Washington, DC"

Horseshit…why am I seeing forms submitted after mine being approved?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes, ATF saying the forms are being processed 'first in first out' is a huge load of bull feces. The biggest gripe I have (and others may agree) are the forms are NOT processed on a 'first come first served' basis.  Waiting in a long line is painful enough but having wide spread line jumping is infuriating.  It is a spit in the face of the fundamental sense of fairness that we all learned when we were children. I have been waiting for my eform 4 to get assigned to an agent since 1/17/22.  I am very irritated with the wait but I get infuriated over getting pushed to the back of the line.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:11:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 549] [#21]
^^^^^While I don't know the method for paper forms, I can visualize a stack being divvied out among several examiners and later submissions being approved before earlier ones due to maybe someone just working faster or having forms with no issues.

I'm not saying that's the process, but would make sense.

But with the electronic submissions, I would think that they are all in a que and that multiple examiners would get them in order of submission whenever they draw one to review.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arw8945] [#22]
I would have thought that eform 4's would be in a que and that they would work them in order (like you wrote).  However, that is not the case.  How many eform 4's have been approved with submission dates later than 1/17/22?

Many have been approve with later dates.  My eform 4's (submitted 1/17/22) have not even been assigned to an agent yet and have not been touched (I call every week).

So, I have to call "busted" the idea that they are working orderly from a que.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mak0] [#23]
Originally Posted By arw8945:
I would have thought that eform 4's would be in a que and that they would work them in order (like you wrote).  However, that is not the case.  How many eform 4's have been approved with submission dates later than 1/17/22?

Many have been approve with later dates.  My eform 4's (submitted 1/17/22) have not even been assigned to an agent yet and have not been touched (I call every week).

So, I have to call "busted" the idea that they are working orderly from a que.
View Quote

It's always been like that in my experience, it has never been a true "first in first out" system which makes no sense. I've had paper forms approved while I had older ones still pending.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:49:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#24]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#25]
True.  It really is a total waste of time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

That sounds like a productive use of time.
View Quote

Maybe even a good way to get his moved to the bottom of the pile.  

"Karen called again, add another week"
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Ordered two suppressors April 27th, 2021.  Just got the call they were in.

53 weeks... unbelievable.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, now that approvals are still in Jan, and they are at over 100 days, I am ready for them to Skip the Febs and head into the March's and bring their average down. Kinda like how they skipped the March EForm 1s.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I have several eform 4s and 1s that were submitted in early Jan and nothing has changed. It's all a bunch of bull shit.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Patriot328:

Ordered two suppressors April 27th, 2021.  Just got the call they were in.

53 weeks... unbelievable.....
View Quote
See the last post in the eform tracking thread, Obama did this and now Biden.  They were at about 3 months and the line has magically gone up to one year and will stop there.  Under Obama it magically went up to 180 days in 2011 and stopped, then magically after sandyhook it went up to 360 and stopped.  If this was simply a function of increased demand the line would fluctuate up and down, not be flat then move up in a steady slope, then be flat again.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#31]
HEY Y'all...does anyone know of..heard of... seen.... any eform 4 approvals if one has certified in the month of February 2022..????
Thanks...
Pete in central texas
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:33:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sks447] [#32]
Yikes! I ordered a .22 can last October. Paper form 4. Sounds like it will be a year before I see it.
I also did a trust E-form 1 SBR since everybody was saying its super quick. I am at day 84. I figure my other SBRs were 10 months so if its quicker than that great.
I would still love to be one of these "I got my approval in 7 days" people.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Sargeny1:
HEY Y'all...does anyone know of..heard of... seen.... any eform 4 approvals if one has certified in the month of February 2022..????
Thanks...
Pete in central texas
View Quote

Haven’t been seeing them here or Reddit. I was like 2/10 or something.

A shit ton of dealers didn’t even get the software figured out until early Feb so I’m just going to stop thinking about it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:21:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TescoVee] [#34]
Originally Posted By Sargeny1:
Thanks...
Pete in central texas
View Quote
According to my predictions 95% of the February 1 forms will get approved between May 25th and June 5th.  If the slope holds steady hear are some more dates:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

That is only true if the pattern I picked out is correct, the slope doesn't change, and it doesn't flatten off at some point.  My money is on it being correct and steady but flattening out at either 180 or 360 days.  They have done this in the past and it always magically lands at 6 or twelve months like someone dictated that time to NFA branch.

ETA:  I mistyped in the spreadsheet above.  The numbers are a 95% prediction interval, not a confidence interval.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#35]
392 days and counting for my form 4...

I might just give up at this point as I think my form was lost.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Fushaw:

View Quote

Call atf? I was actually surprised how easy it was to get somebody on the horn at nfa branch. I'd at least check and see what the status still is.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Don't feel bad, I have 3 cans @ 318 days since my check was cashed. You are not alone.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Do you have a Congressman that could help you? Wouldn't trust Mittens as a Senator. I know Josh Hawley here in Missouri has helped unstuck people's paper Form 4's.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Is it known how many examiners the ATF has on staff?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TescoVee:
According to my predictions 95% of the February 1 forms will get approved between May 25th and June 5th.  If the slope holds steady hear are some more dates:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260765/nfa_ci_PNG-2395211.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260765/Fitted_Line__start_1_versus_days_1_png-2395246.JPG

That is only true if the pattern I picked out is correct, the slope doesn't change, and it doesn't flatten off at some point.  My money is on it being correct and steady but flattening out at either 180 or 360 days.  They have done this in the past and it always magically lands at 6 or twelve months like someone dictated that time to NFA branch.

ETA:  I mistyped in the spreadsheet above.  The numbers are a 95% prediction interval, not a confidence interval.
View Quote

@TescoVee
Looking at the data you provided, is it safe to assume a mid-Feb submission will come back mid-June?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:35:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TescoVee] [#41]
Originally Posted By GlockHolliday:

@TescoVee
Looking at the data you provided, is it safe to assume a mid-Feb submission will come back mid-June?
View Quote
Probably June or beginning of July but there isn't enough data for me to be extremely confident.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Copy that, thank you for putting that together for the community.

There’s no guarantee with any of this but it’s nice to have a visual of things, even with the small sample size.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:35:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#43]
First feb submission has hit the eForm4 tracker thread.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By masterofpew:

Do you have a Congressman that could help you? Wouldn't trust Mittens as a Senator. I know Josh Hawley here in Missouri has helped unstuck people's paper Form 4's.
View Quote

I call the ATF weekly.

I actually wrote my congressmen John Curtis who's in the House to see if anything could actually be done. We will see.

My last can was around 250 days and I thought that was forever...
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:21:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
First feb submission has hit the eForm4 tracker thread.
View Quote

Meanwhile I'm at 120 days on an eForm4 submitted January 25....
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Finally! My form 4 from March 2021 is approved. Should only be a month or so before it arrives.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#47]
April 27 2021 forum 4...still pending
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Mine is FINALLY in.

4/17/2021
5/5/2022
383 Days.

What Stinks is that the Class III never sent an E-Mail.  Last time around they sent an E-Mail and I went and picked it up at the first opportunity.
I never got an E-Mail.  Hired gent said he called and left a message.  My phone doesn't take messages.  I keep telling EVERYBODY: Send me an E-Mail!  You can Guarantee you can get in touch me that way.

True Saying: Good Help Is Hard To Find.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#49]
If mine ever get approved it will blow up your pretty 'linear chart'.  I have two eform 4's submitted on 1/17/22 (130 days and counting; still pending).
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By artimus009:
So, I just got a response from my congressman…

Dear Mr. Artimus009,

Enclosed is correspondence I have received in response to my inquiry on your behalf.  I appreciate the opportunity to be of service.  Please feel free to reach out and my office can conduct another status update after 60 days.

The ATF writes:

“Thank you for providing the required documents. After reviewing ATF’s National Firearms Registration & Transfer Record System (NFRTR), I found the following for Mr. Artimus009:

Serial no. TK#%###, eForm 4, control no. 2022#%^*. The application was received on 1/20/2022. On 1/20/2022 the status changed to PENDING.
Serial no. TK#%#%, eForm 4, control no. 2022[]{}#. The application was received on 1/20/2022. On 1/20/2022 the status changed to PENDING.

The NFA Division continues to receive an unprecedented volume of applications. For example, in a prior week, the NFA Division received over 32,000 combined NFA applications. The Division is working as diligently as possible to process these applications in the order received.

I hope this is helpful when responding to your constituent.

Sincerely,

Nathan Mires

Office of Public and Governmental Affairs

Legislative Affairs Division, Washington, DC"

Horseshit…why am I seeing forms submitted after mine being approved?
View Quote

Well, I pestered the “ask the experts” and finally got the answer I feared. Sorry Mr. Artimus, your second person on your trust is still pending clearance from the FBI…

I asked when was it sent over and I was actually surprised… 3/7/22.  I would have been approved early. I had my wife email the congressman on Thursday. Hopefully his inquiry will get the FBI to do something…I just want both of my 1/20 submissions.
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top