View Quote

Oh Crap!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

If they did, they better not post it in this thread...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sroy:
Anyone have any good news?

If they did, they better not post it in this thread...

Lol

Yeah! This thread is for bitching and moaning. NOT joy and hoorahs. Go be happy some place else!
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Part ATF bitch part dealer bitch!

Valentines Day 2020 I placed an order for my suppressor and was told that it would be about 60 days.  Setup an appt to get our trust done up while we waited. Sometime in June of 2020 we sent off the form 4 on a 2 party trust. Sometime in July I received the paperwork back saying it was sent to the wrong address. Called the dealer and he told me they've sent plenty to the GA office and never had any come back. Took them back to the dealer who sent them back to GA ( luckily they were nice enough to send them to the correct place). Check was cashed Aug 31st and We are currently still pending as of yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bnielsonak47:

Valentines Day 2020 I placed an order for my suppressor and was told that it would be about 60 days.  Setup an appt to get our trust done up while we waited. Sometime in June of 2020 we sent off the form 4 on a 2 party trust. Sometime in July I received the paperwork back saying it was sent to the wrong address. Called the dealer and he told me they've sent plenty to the GA office and never had any come back. Took them back to the dealer who sent them back to GA ( luckily they were nice enough to send them to the correct place). Check was cashed Aug 31st and We are currently still pending as of yesterday.
View Quote

My dealer called a few days ago to tell me the Forms he sent off in February have been returned to him numerous times as undeliverable. He called the ATF and they told him the address is no longer in ATL, but Oregon, so he shipped off again to the correct address the other day. I hate that I am behind two months on this can, but the dealer is a friend and had no idea the address changed. I guess he rarely sells NFA items. My clock starts over...
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#7]

The change went into effect 2/1/19: https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/new-mailing-addresses-many-atf-registration-forms

It’s embarrassing how many people, dealers included, don’t know how to read what’s written on the forms. Address, instructions, etc.

https://i.postimg.cc/Df6BCxCn/43-D101-B9-E679-41-EB-999-A-2-E999920-E508.jpg
View Quote

Yeah I looked at the address on the form he filled out and they were still using the GA address.

He said he's sent off dozens to that address with no issue... I don't think he sells much NFA stuff (it is a small gun shop though) and went on to blame the ATF for not sending him notice of the address change.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

My dealer called a few days ago to tell me the Forms he sent off in February have been returned to him numerous times as undeliverable. He called the ATF and they told him the address is no longer in ATL, but Oregon, so he shipped off again to the correct address the other day. I hate that I am behind two months on this can, but the dealer is a friend and had no idea the address changed. I guess he rarely sells NFA items. My clock starts over...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bnielsonak47:

That blows!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Read on another tracking site that the ATF is notifying people with approved forms that the standard time frame for stamp arrival is 60 days.

The USPS must be too busy spying on citizens social media to deliver the mail in a normal amount of time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:34:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 42tula] [#10]
Two form ones efiled. 120 and 112 days pending a FBI background check. I called the FBI. They said the ATF is 100% responsible for the “background check delays” we are all experiencing, and that all the ATF has to do is resubmit for a background check. I reached out to the ATF. No reply. I want to get a congressional rep involved, but they’re an anti gunner. I’m fooked.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 42tula:
Two form ones efiled. 120 and 112 days pending a FBI background check. I called the FBI. They said the ATF is 100% responsible for the “background check delays” we are all experiencing, and that all the ATF has to do is resubmit for a background check. I reached out to the ATF. No reply. I want to get a congressional rep involved, but they’re an anti gunner. I’m fooked.
View Quote

They are there to represent and serve you no matter what their political views are.  IF they do not there are ways to file a complaint for there lack of help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#12]

They are there to represent and serve you no matter what their political views are.  IF they do not there are ways to file a complaint for there lack of help.
View All Quotes

This. I was stuck in the background check delay for some form 4 machineguns and had to get my representative involved. He is one of the most anti-gun senators, but he got those forms approved for me in record time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mike_Anthony:

This. I was stuck in the background check delay for some form 4 machineguns and had to get my representative involved. He is one of the most anti-gun senators, but he got those forms approved for me in record time.
View Quote

It is my next step. I have been so busy at work due to all the COVID stuff, I have to carve out some time during the day to make the call.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#14]

It is my next step. I have been so busy at work due to all the COVID stuff, I have to carve out some time during the day to make the call.
View Quote

A lot of them have forms online you can fill out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:33:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sroy] [#15]
Originally Posted By smithc6:

A lot of them have forms online you can fill out.
View Quote

With those forms there is a disclaimer that states if any of the information is sensitive it is better to call.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Going on 140 days for an eForm 1.  Mine usually get approved between 30-45 days and have no idea why it is taking so long this time.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:19:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PRod:
Going on 140 days for an eForm 1.  Mine usually get approved between 30-45 days and have no idea why it is taking so long this time.  
View Quote
Day 6

Currently I'm estimating October with a 171 day Wait.

It would be very nice to lower the number instead on increasing it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PRod:
View Quote
I would bet you are fbi background delayed. I am on day 200. 90 of those days were spent in pending research after submitting the eform on 10/15/20. My submitted date is 1/12/21 and I went delayed on 1/20/21.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Bcamp15:
I would bet you are fbi background delayed. I am on day 200. 90 of those days were spent in pending research after submitting the eform on 10/15/20. My submitted date is 1/12/21 and I went delayed on 1/20/21.
View Quote

Should be getting close.  I got a form 4 back at the beginning of April 2021 that went delayed early December 2020.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Still have 2 efile form 1's submitted Nov 24th, prints received Dec 8th. No updates, no pending, no delayed, no nothing...just sitting there....
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#21]
My Form 2s take 1-3 days and Form 3s take 2-4 days.

What is everyone complaining about?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Day 62 of my eForm 1 wait for a CP33 SBR.

Nothing like getting put in a background check delay when I haven't moved in 10 years and have never had any criminal history at all..
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Just hit my 3 month mark on my eform 1 sbr! If this gets rejected its going to be extremely frustrating
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 3SGTO:
Just hit my 3 month mark on my eform 1 sbr! If this gets rejected its going to be extremely frustrating
View Quote

I would just cancel at that point and resubmit; likely get a quicker response.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Are they even processing eform1s? I’ve sent three ask the expert emails now. One every week and never got a response yet. It’s getting frustrating. Never had an eform1 take longer then 30 days.
Ever.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bcamp15] [#26]
I just emailed my senator, worth a shot. This is ridiculous.

eta: already got a call from my Senators office, same day. Got all the necessary paper work filed out so they can look into it on my behalf. Hope to at least get an explanation out of it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 1911xdm:
Are they even processing eform1s? I’ve sent three ask the expert emails now. One every week and never got a response yet. It’s getting frustrating. Never had an eform1 take longer then 30 days.
Ever.
View Quote

I have had three approved in the last few weeks. All under 30 days.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Sent all my stuff for a eform form 1 individual sbr on March 30th. Still in processing. Hoping it doesn't turn into a year long process..
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Yeah I want to, it just feels risky what if I am just restarting the 3 month process all over again.... Maybe I'll just start another one
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:19:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: STJ] [#30]

Yeah I want to, it just feels risky what if I am just restarting the 3 month process all over again.... Maybe I'll just start another one
View All Quotes

Roll of the dice.

mine took a bit over 5 months

Starting a second is a good idea. Still might not get the first one out of limbo.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Day 11: Check Cashed.
That means that on Monday, Day 14 The Wait reasonably begins
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:55:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 42tula] [#32]

View Quote

Welp. I reached out for help, and thus far no joy. How do I go about filing a complaint?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Approved 1 month ago today.  Still no stamp at FFL.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Approved 1 month ago today.  Still no stamp at FFL.
View Quote

I read some people saying the examiners only visit the office once a month to drop off their outgoing mail. I do not think that is true as I had three approved on different dates by the same examiner. Each of them I received within 3 - 4 days of approval and within a 2-week timeframe total. I am in WV, for what it is worth.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I just got a “sorry about that” email from ATF for never answering a question I sent to them 4 months ago. Still very unimpressed with their customer service...
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Got a response from the FBI saying my background check was approved the day after I went delayed. So unless it is my dad who is the other RP on the trust is the cause, idk wtf is going on.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 1:17:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agnisco] [#37]
Originally Posted By DerDritte:
I just got a “sorry about that” email from ATF for never answering a question I sent to them 4 months ago. Still very unimpressed with their customer service...
View Quote

The Federal government is not in the customer service business.  They are in the “whatever is or whenever it is convenient for us” business.  That being said, it did only take them 8 days to move my Form 1 from “PENDING RESEARCH” to “SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS”.  I can’t really bitch about that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#38]

I read some people saying the examiners only visit the office once a month to drop off their outgoing mail. I do not think that is true as I had three approved on different dates by the same examiner. Each of them I received within 3 - 4 days of approval and within a 2-week timeframe total. I am in WV, for what it is worth.
View Quote

Got the call Wednesday right as the guy was closing up shop for the day.  Picked it up yesterday.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DerDritte:
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By EEnginerd:

Same.
https://i.imgur.com/8blEoUi.png
View Quote

Sounds like the FBI is the weak link (insert joke here) in the process.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I just hit day 130 on a form 1, I filled out a request with my congressman for assistance and in less than 3 hours got a call back. So I am hoping something happens soon. I figure I am stuck in background, when I renewed my C&R FFL it took over 2 months, I emailed and the atf and got the license a week later so I am hoping I get some good news soon. This is my 3rd stamp and the first time I have been delayed like this, all 3 were filed as individual. Really frustrating, was going to file another for an SBS but having second thoughts now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:02:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#42]
Check cashed last week.  If I get an approved form 1 back before Christmas I'll be surprised/delighted.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Had a Form 4 submitted and the check cashed a month ago. Since I've been hearing about delays with applications moving to "Pending" I opted to call and see for myself. Sure as hell, AFT is advising up to 90 days after they cash the check for an application to move to "Pending". So you can add 90 days to any application which would mean the 180 day approval is now 270 days.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I’m at 139 and 131 days in delayed background status. Two form 1s, trust, and multiple stamps already without previous submission issues. I’ve emailed, and called the ATF multiple times. I’ve contacted my congressional rep, and nothing happened (rep is a D and anti gun). I’m about to call my senator, to ask for help (D and anti gun). All I have after that is either going to the ATF field office or just call to start complaining daily. This is complete horseshit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By usn_grunt:
Had a Form 4 submitted and the check cashed a month ago. Since I've been hearing about delays with applications moving to "Pending" I opted to call and see for myself. Sure as hell, AFT is advising up to 90 days after they cash the check for an application to move to "Pending". So you can add 90 days to any application which would mean the 180 day approval is now 270 days.
View Quote
 Day 23 for me.

The Last Official Wait that I know of is a Form 4: 171 days.

I more or less expect a mid October date for myself.

YMWV
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Form 1 SBR submitted 12Jan, stuck in FBI background check(LOL I walk around TSA Security), I finally got fed up with pending status and filed a Congressional Inquiry with my Congressman
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#47]
I’m at 139 and 131 days in delayed background status. Two form 1s, trust, and multiple stamps already without previous submission issues. I’ve emailed, and called the ATF multiple times. I’ve contacted my congressional rep, and nothing happened (rep is a D and anti gun). I’m about to call my senator, to ask for help (D and anti gun). All I have after that is either going to the ATF field office or just call to start complaining daily. This is complete horseshit.
View Quote

All of this information could be used against the D's that are screaming for all guns to be registered under the NFA.  Proof this shit won't work.  But who the hell is going to report it??
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:29:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lostman518] [#48]
Submitted two form 4s on the same day through the SS kiosk. Checks cashed on the same day 11/28. One stamp was approved 5/3, shop called me 5/14. Still waiting on the other stamp now for almost 3 weeks. Is this normal? Should I call the shop? I'm assuming he's going to tell me there's nothing he could do. Call ATF? Wait?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:38:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: STJ] [#49]
Originally Posted By lostman518:
Submitted two form 4s on the same day through the SS kiosk. Checks cashed on the same day 11/28. One stamp was approved 5/3, shop called me 5/14. Still waiting on the other stamp now for almost 3 weeks. Is this normal? Should I call the shop? I'm assuming he's going to tell me there's nothing he could do. Call ATF? Wait?
View Quote
I had two bought through SS a month apart last fall. I got the one that was cashed a month later in five months. The first one I'm still waiting for...9 months now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By lostman518:
View Quote

I had three cashed the same day. One was approved on a Thursday, the 2nd the next day, and the third required an update to the Form 4 from my SOT and was approved about a month later.

There really is no rhyme or reason to the ATF's procedures.
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top