BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 66
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:56:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jbntex] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:
Just got another disapproval for a Form 1 SBR because my fingerprints and cover letter didn’t show up. I’ll probably get another one in a day or two since I mailed 2 in the same envelope.

This is twice in a row for the same one (submitted for the first time in June or July) and it’ll be the first the second.

Address I used:

National Firearms Act Division
P.O. Box 5015
Portland, OR 97208-5015
View Quote

This is the wrong address for an eForm1 cover letter and fingerprints which is probably why the NFA branch never receives them.   The address above is only for paper Form 4/1s, where the check is stripped off by the bank.

The correct address is for an eForm 1 cover letter and prints:

Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearm, & Explosives
National Firearm Act Division
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 2540
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 6:00:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jbntex] [#2]

Not according to ATF website or what is at the top of the Form 1.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/new-mailing-addresses-many-atf-registration-forms
View Quote

Only paper Form 1 and Form 4s go to the PO box in Portland, eform 1 submissions with the 1 page cover letter and requisite fingerprints go to the NFA branch direct in Martinsburg WV.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 6:13:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#3]
Originally Posted By jbntex:

Only paper Form 1 and Form 4s go to the PO box in Portland, eform 1 submissions with the 1 page cover letter and requisite fingerprints go to the NFA branch direct in Martinsburg WV.
View Quote

Thanks

Maybe I’ll try it again sometime next year. I’m away from home and don’t have time to deal with it or access to a printer, so my wife has been printing and mailing shit for me. I can’t open the attachments iPhone, so I’ve been forwarding them to her to handle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:12:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhisperPickle] [#5]

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/new-mailing-addresses-many-atf-registration-forms

When’s the last time either one of you did a Form 1?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

When’s the last time either one of you did a Form 1?

@cardboardkiller About 3 weeks ago. The address below was the one on my cover letter.

Originally Posted By jbntex:

This is the wrong address for an eForm1 cover letter and fingerprints which is probably why the NFA branch never receives them.   The address above is only for paper Form 4/1s, where the check is stripped off by the bank.

The correct address is for an eForm 1 cover letter and prints:

Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearm, & Explosives
National Firearm Act Division
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 2540

Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Assuming you have a webmail version for whatever email you’re using, you can open email in a browser and the attachments will show up.

Guess the wife didn’t even bother to look at the form? Mine would’ve been nosy enough to look and spot the error.
View Quote

She says there’s no address on the paper. I found a copy of one online and it should be on the upper left (kinda).
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]

She says there's no address on the paper. I found a copy of one online and it should be on the upper left (kinda).
View Quote

Here's a screen shot of mine from a couple of weeks ago. The top center has a barcode for the control number.

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#8]
That's the same as every one of mine.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#9]
This one is fun.  I created a thread on the wait time from Form 4 approval to the FFL getting the stamp; it was seen as redundant to this complaint thread.

I had a can approved July 30th.  The dealer has still not received the stamp.  The ATF told me to send a letter to them requesting a Certified copy of the stamp mailed to me.  Calling the ATF to ask if they have received the request, they said they have 60-90 days to respond tho that letter.

So, we're WELL OVER the 45 day ceiling the ATF states they get another 60-90 days to respond to my request.

Fine work by the .gov's finest
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
This one is fun.  I created a thread on the wait time from Form 4 approval to the FFL getting the stamp; it was seen as redundant to this complaint thread.

I had a can approved July 30th.  The dealer has still not received the stamp.  The ATF told me to send a letter to them requesting a Certified copy of the stamp mailed to me.  Calling the ATF to ask if they have received the request, they said they have 60-90 days to respond tho that letter.

So, we're WELL OVER the 45 day ceiling the ATF states they get another 60-90 days to respond to my request.

Fine work by the .gov's finest
View Quote

[goverment] lol [/government]
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By laxman09:

[goverment] lol [/government]
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: abpMN] [#12]
Just recently purchased a new suppressor... so now it takes 16 days to cash a tax stamp check?  Got wind that my check was cashed and the gal told me that my paperwork isn't even in the system and to call back in 4-6 weeks once it's in the system?  I am pretty dog shit at math, but am I understanding this right that it could take a month and a half to 2 months before my paperwork is even started to be processed?

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By abpMN:
Just recently purchased a new suppressor... so now it takes 16 days to cash a tax stamp check?  Got wind that my check was cashed and the gal told me that my paperwork isn't even in the system and to call back in 4-6 weeks once it's in the system?  I am pretty dog shit at math, but am I understanding this right that it could take a month and a half to 2 months before my paperwork is even started to be processed?

View Quote

16 days, sadly, isn’t too bad from what I’ve seen
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Yikes.  Does it really take them 4-6 weeks to enter in the application data after the check is received and cashed?  If so, seems like a total shit show operation.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Yikes.  Does it really take them 4-6 weeks to enter in the application data after the check is received and cashed?  If so, seems like a total shit show operation.
View All Quotes

It necessarily all the time but that’s always been the recommendation. Complete all the paperwork, mail it in then wait a couple months to call and make sure it’s pending.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Pending 3/27

Seeing all these April may and June approvals is BULLSHIT.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By isa268:
Pending 3/27

View Quote

Tell me about it. All these eform 1 people getting approved in 14-20 days and here I am at a bit over a month. GTFO.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:03:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scottMO] [#18]
89 days for a F4 to a SOT to get approved.  There should be nothing/minimal to check.....

42 53 more days and counting since it was approved......

———————

Update——-Stamps arrived on Day 54 and 56..
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally decided to cancel my F1 SBR submission, which has been sitting in FBI background check delay for 3 1/2 months.  I don’t see it ever completing.  Unfortunately, it’s a terrible time to submit a new one since people are probably swamping the system right now because of the Honey Badger fiasco, but it is what it is.  Thanks FBI!
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 6:49:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Oonothin] [#20]
Pending 3/27

View Quote

I'm pending 3/27 as well, I did talk an agent and I have been assigned to an examiner. That was a few weeks ago and it's still pending as of today. What I'm worried is about one out of three of my NICS checks get delayed and I'm wondering if that's what taking so long.

Is there a way to check a form 4 if the background is delayed? I know form 1s you can ask the experts. It's my first nfa item and I'm kind of new to this.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Counting cancelling and resubmitting, I am now over 4 months on the Form 1.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#22]
A friend of mine submitted a efile Form-1 in April and this evening it came back "Returned Without Action". It said to log into the website for details...... of course the website was down all day. After 5pm it came back up. We cannot locate on the eforms website where the note would be for why this has happened.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
A friend of mine submitted a efile Form-1 in April and this evening it came back "Returned Without Action". It said to log into the website for details...... of course the website was down all day. After 5pm it came back up. We cannot locate on the eforms website where the note would be for why this has happened.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Usually it’s on the last page of the PDF
View All Quotes

Usually it’s on the last page of the PDF

It's not. He forwarded me the email. The pdf is just the Form 1. The last page is just the last page of the normal form with random definitions and information on every Form 1
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Emailed the experts regarding mine last week and was surprised by a response asking for a control number.  Delay FBI.  Been since early July.  Waited 9 mos for a form 4 so I guess I am winning at this point?
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Just here to complain about still waiting 2 months + for my efile Form 1
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Got a response back from Ask the Experts sent a week ago.  It was the copy and pasted response about backed up NICS checks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 7:04:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: STJ] [#29]
Originally Posted By mauser89:
Got a response back from Ask the Experts sent a week ago.  It was the copy and pasted response about backed up NICS checks.
View Quote
Yet somehow many are getting them approved in two weeks
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By socommatthews:

Tell me about it. All these eform 1 people getting approved in 14-20 days and here I am at a bit over a month. GTFO.
View All Quotes
Pending 3/27

I'm soooooooooooo happy for those of you with 100-180 day form 4 approvals.

Fucking 211 days and still pending.

How can you approve April, may, June before March??

Only the government.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m seeing a lot of ~20 day approvals on eForm 1s. Based everything I’ve seen here and on Reddit, is it safe to say if your eForm 1 is still in process after 40 or 60 days, then you’ve fallen into the black hole of backed up FBI NICS checks?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#32]

Only the government.
View Quote

Mine was pending 3/29 so I contacted my state senator which is a democrat. I got an email with a privacy authorization form yesterday and sent it to her office. My form 4 was approved three hours after i sent it. Don't hesitate to reach out, they work for you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 4:04:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: STJ] [#33]
Originally Posted By slasher729:

Mine was pending 3/29 so I contacted my state senator which is a democrat. I got an email with a privacy authorization form yesterday and sent it to her office. My form 4 was approved three hours after i sent it. Don't hesitate to reach out, they work for you.
View Quote
Stab-a-cow?  I see you said state senator.

What did you say / ask?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Elissa Slotkin, basically said I've been waiting 7 months for something I paid a 200 dollar tax stamp for. Asked if they could reach out to the ATF for me. Once they sent the forms to the ATF Legislative Affairs Division it was just a few hours and it was approved.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Only the government.
View Quote

I received two back in 100 days. I still have two more pending from June though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I've had two eForm 1s pending since the end of June

This is my first NFA rodeo. I called to ask about cancelling them to resubmit, and they told me the cancellation takes 90 days to process. That seems absurd and surely can't be right. Does anyone know how long it usually takes?
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By peachy:
I've had two eForm 1s pending since the end of June

This is my first NFA rodeo. I called to ask about cancelling them to resubmit, and they told me the cancellation takes 90 days to process. That seems absurd and surely can't be right. Does anyone know how long it usually takes?
View Quote

Well I’m no expert but I cancelled one in August and was refunded in about a week and a half. Then resubmitted.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Call the ATF
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Only the government.
View Quote

211 days (as of last month)? LOL. I'm pending for 432 days now since my checks were cashed. I literally have a binder filled with stamps from years past, but for some reason, these two are taking forever. I've called twice now... "still pending... bye" is all I get.

This is starting to piss me off.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

211 days (as of last month)? LOL. I'm pending for 432 days now since my checks were cashed. I literally have a binder filled with stamps from years past, but for some reason, these two are taking forever. I've called twice now... "still pending... bye" is all I get.

This is starting to piss me off.
View Quote

All over a muffler.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#41]
F this pending research BS. I mean how long does it take to looking into a firearm model that isn't on their list. Hell none of the PSA ak's are on there, obviously not the brand new 74 either.

I am a month in. I didn't submit any pics to speed the process up. I am debating submitting a duplicate form with pics and seeing which one gets done first.

Ask the experts, or really send an email into a black hole, have never responded about me asking to supplement my form with some pics of the gun to speed things up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#42]
I don’t think that will work. I submitted a duplicate for an “FBI Delayed” app, and the duplicate was pretty quickly rejected for having a prior pending application with a duplicate serial number.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Bcamp15:
F this pending research BS. I mean how long does it take to looking into a firearm model that isn't on their list. Hell none of the PSA ak's are on there, obviously not the brand new 74 either.

I am a month in. I didn't submit any pics to speed the process up. I am debating submitting a duplicate form with pics and seeing which one gets done first.

Ask the experts, or really send an email into a black hole, have never responded about me asking to supplement my form with some pics of the gun to speed things up.
View Quote

Kinda your fault for not just picking something on the drop down. There are 87,000 model numbers on there. Pick one of them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 4:18:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bcamp15] [#44]
Originally Posted By 1911xdm:

Kinda your fault for not just picking something on the drop down. There are 87,000 model numbers on there. Pick one of them.
View All Quotes

Honestly wasn't sure if that was a good idea. None of them have the correct caliber.  Does it matter? Nothing will be correct on the form except the serial number.  I'll cancel it today and submit a new one if that's the case.

Eta: None of the options have the correct caliber so I feel like only having the manufacturer and serial number correct on the form would be a bit of a stretch.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Honestly wasn't sure if that was a good idea. None of them have the correct caliber.  Does it matter? Nothing will be correct on the form except the serial number.  I'll cancel it today and submit a new one if that's the case.

Eta: None of the options have the correct caliber so I feel like only having the manufacturer and serial number correct on the form would be a bit of a stretch.
View All Quotes

Serial and caliber are really the only thing that needs to be correct. So many people have whisper pickle or FBHO as models
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Serial and caliber are really the only thing that needs to be correct. So many people have whisper pickle or FBHO as models
View Quote
Then sounds like I should wait since I won't be able to pick a palmetto state armory model that has 5.45 as the caliber.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Submitted eForm1, Trust, Suppressor 6 July. Still waiting on stamp. Ask the experts = delayed FBI.

How, then, are people who submitted after that already approved per the tracking thread? Do they not go in order of receipt?

Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cavsct1983:
Submitted eForm1, Trust, Suppressor 6 July. Still waiting on stamp. Ask the experts = delayed FBI.

How, then, are people who submitted after that already approved per the tracking thread? Do they not go in order of receipt?

View Quote

They do not go in order of receipt. I'm still waiting on a form 1 submitted on the 9th of June.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#50]

And a majority of people also don’t go into delayed status. That step is separate from the ATF approval.
View Quote

Any idea what causes delay for one person and not another?
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top