BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 66
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JanJets:

I did this and that was not done to mine. i cancelled my earlier one and resubmitted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I did this and that was not done to mine. i cancelled my earlier one and resubmitted.

Dang, well so much for that idea.

Originally Posted By NEA_1029:
I finally got approvals after 107 and 96 days on two early May Eform 1's. These two were stuck in the same "delayed" waiting on the FBI background check hell.

Seeing all these recent 30 day or less approvals was painful and I was seriously considering canceling and resubmitting them this week. I'm glad I waited because when I was doing my routine daily check on the Eform website I

was surprised to see both in the approved tab. I didn't get approval emails, so i just printed them off the site.

I did go through the whole deal with numerous emails and phone calls to my Congressman, Ask The Experts, and even a long shot email to the doj. Not sure what was the golden ticket, maybe it was just a combination of everything

who knows. Hoping everyone else that's still stuck in the FBI black hole from May/June starts seeing approvals soon.

Thanks for letting us know. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel after all! I'm at 100 days and counting as of today.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I finally got an email about my over 100 day eform 1 submission.

It seems I have a Form 23 RPQ upload error. I need to upload and save again.

I’m out of town, it’s my first ever submission and it’s been over 100 days, I don’t even remember what a form 23 RPQ is anymore.

Is It the responsible person form?
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

No. That would be RPF  

RPQ = 5320.23 Responsible Person Questionnaire
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Originally Posted By AK-Joe:
...I don’t even remember what a form 23 RPQ is anymore.

Is It the responsible person form?

No. That would be RPF  

RPQ = 5320.23 Responsible Person Questionnaire

Doh!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NEA_1029:
I finally got approvals after 107 and 96 days on two early May Eform 1's. These two were stuck in the same "delayed" waiting on the FBI background check hell.

Seeing all these recent 30 day or less approvals was painful and I was seriously considering canceling and resubmitting them this week. I'm glad I waited because when I was doing my routine daily check on the Eform website I

was surprised to see both in the approved tab. I didn't get approval emails, so i just printed them off the site.

I did go through the whole deal with numerous emails and phone calls to my Congressman, Ask The Experts, and even a long shot email to the doj. Not sure what was the golden ticket, maybe it was just a combination of everything

who knows. Hoping everyone else that's still stuck in the FBI black hole from May/June starts seeing approvals soon.
View Quote
I filed two eForm 1's in May, on the 9th and 17th. 5/17 was recently approved at 90 days. 5/09 is still sitting in 'submitted' status at 105 days. Come on, ATF! Get your finger outta your collective ass.

Also no approval email. WTF?

I didn't do anything to shake the tree other than calling once to check status about five weeks back. All Forms still just pending at that time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Sprocket99:
I filed two eForm 1's in May, on the 9th and 17th. 5/17 was recently approved at 90 days. 5/09 is still sitting in 'submitted' status at 105 days. Come on, ATF! Get your finger outta your collective ass.

Also no approval email. WTF?

I didn't do anything to shake the tree other than calling once to check status about five weeks back. All Forms still just pending at that time.
View Quote

I had the same issue. I ended up withdrawing the first application and resubmitting. I’ll know in a couple weeks whether it was worth it or not lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Finally!!

Just got the emails.  My two form 1's submitted 05/19 were approved today.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got the email that my eform from 5/11 was...... Disapproved!

Reason stated was that the form 23 for me was incomplete, and that they couldn't open it. I logged into the site to see what I had submitted and saw that all the form 23 PDFs and the portrait jpgs were showing at 0kb on the files page.

I'm guessing they didn't upload right when I was entering responsible persons due to a website glitch and that's why they aren't able to open them.

Dang it!

Well I have an email in to ask the experts to see if I can resubmit and have them use the same fingerprint cards. We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fettesbrotde:
I guarantee its magically approved the day your congressman's office contacts with ATF.

Speaking from experience here.
View Quote

Well, you were right.  Can was approved the day my congressman made contact; however, my other can from earlier this year is still pending....at least I got this approved from July 2019!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TheRat:
I just got the email that my eform from 5/11 was...... Disapproved!

Reason stated was that the form 23 for me was incomplete, and that they couldn't open it. I logged into the site to see what I had submitted and saw that all the form 23 PDFs and the portrait jpgs were showing at 0kb on the files page.

I'm guessing they didn't upload right when I was entering responsible persons due to a website glitch and that's why they aren't able to open them.

Dang it!

Well I have an email in to ask the experts to see if I can resubmit and have them use the same fingerprint cards. We'll see what happens.
View Quote

I just checked my uploads and they show "0" as well but when I click it it allows me to download it and all is there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bizill:

I just checked my uploads and they show "0" as well but when I click it it allows me to download it and all is there.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MrRecon:

Same here.
View All Quotes

Same here.

Me too. I received an email from the examiner telling me there was an upload error on my RPQ form 23. He asked me to upload again and save.

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Me too. I received an email from the examiner telling me there was an upload error on my RPQ form 23. He asked me to upload again and save.

View All Quotes

Same here.

Same. I went ahead and uploaded the docs again just to be safe.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By socommatthews:

View All Quotes

Same here.

Mine was approved this morning.

I had to upload twice though. I may not have hit save the first time but it uploaded correctly the second time.

There’s clearly an issue with that section of the of the website as well as the other documented issues we know about.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By larrys:

She did reply to my second request that she will submit for a withdrawal of my 200 fee.
I’ll keep you posted.

ETA  on 8/11 I requested my application be canceled and same day my application shows denied and I received an email stating such.
I’ll edit this post again once I receive credit to my CC
View Quote

Did you get ever get refunded? if so how long did it take?
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Did you get ever get refunded? if so how long did it take?
View Quote

Still waiting for my refund since 8/11
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 8:05:38 AM EDT
[#17]
My two e-form 1 sbr stamps from 5/9 were finally approved today, I guess my laziness to not cancel yet paid off.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 8:58:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRat] [#18]
It's thursday morning and I don't have a reply from my two emails sent monday morning asking if the fingerprint cards/background check from the disapproved eform 1 can be transferred to a new one.

They really seem to have it out for me on this item.

Edit: speak of the devil, they just replied and said that they changed the policy and won't allow fingerprint card transfers anymore, so a new set will need to be submitted. Dang.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 10:12:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: usn_grunt] [#19]
For a giggle, I submitted an "Ask the Experts" form inquiring about Batch Approvals since I have a few stamps in the system and have had 3 approved already. The ATF actually said that they approve Form 4's in the order they're received. It's more like the examiners have a random number generator they use to decide what application gets worked on. lol.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 7:29:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sprocket99] [#21]
Originally Posted By usn_grunt:
The ATF actually said that they approve Form 4's in the order they're received.
View Quote

And there's your Saturday morning bullshit, ladies and gents.

I e-submitted a F1 on 5/9/20, and another on 5/17/20. Both for SBRs, no difference in Trust docs, etc. The 5/17 form was approved on 8/17, 90 days exactly. The one from 5/09 is still pending after 112 days. I can't see that Form 1s and 4s would have radically different processes, for order of assignment to examiners.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Sprocket99:

And there's your Saturday morning bullshit, ladies and gents.

I e-submitted a F1 on 5/9/20, and another on 5/17/20. Both for SBRs, no difference in Trust docs, etc. The 5/17 form was approved on 8/17, 90 days exactly. The one from 5/09 is still pending after 112 days. I can't see that Form 1s and 4s would have radically different processes, for order of assignment to examiners.
View Quote

Had the same thing happen to me man. submitted one of 5/26 and another on 7/9. The one from 7/9 went pending research for 2.5 weeks and still beat the one from 5/26. i withdrew and resubmitted the may one, hoping it’s approved next week.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I received my 200 credit to CC on 8/29, 18 days total.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#24]

I received my 200 credit to CC on 8/29, 18 days total.
View Quote

I just received mine today, 16 days total for me
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Now ya'll got me paranoid.  When I go to view my documents on Form 1 and it shows 0 bytes, yet documents are there when you click on them, just making sure I'm not the only one with big red X's next to the documents.  I ASSume that's supposed to mean "Delete"... but it makes it look like there's a big ERROR instead...
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

20 days for me.  From 8/11 to 8/31.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a Form 4 One Shot Trust at 400 DAYS.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By The_Five_Elements:

View Quote

Oh ouch that's horrible. And I'm guessing they haven't given you a reason?

I just got my $200 refund on the disapproved form. Fingerprints on the resubmitted one were just received yesterday, so now to timer begins again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:25:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Five_Elements] [#29]

Oh ouch that's horrible. And I'm guessing they haven't given you a reason?

I just got my $200 refund on the disapproved form. Fingerprints on the resubmitted one were just received yesterday, so now to timer begins again.
View Quote

Correct, no reason given.  Getting pissed.  It's insane how long they have been able to get away with this shit.  I really wish Trump would have gone in dry when he had the chance to do some reforms.  This is how we get treated for following the rules.

That sucks bad on the resubmission BTW, dang.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, my form 1 was disapproved this morning because I uploaded the wrong, unsigned, RPQ...

But if the ATFs site would have uploaded my forms correctly the first time (they showed as 0 bites) then I wouldn’t have uploaded the wrong damn form
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
That's fucking disgraceful! Have you tried contacting your congress-critters? I hear that's helped others.

@The_Five_Elements
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#32]
At what point should one consider cancelling their eForm 1 and resubmitting?  Mine is sitting at 80 days, with no resolution in sight.  Last one late last year took two weeks.  Aside from paying another $200 and using up another set of fingerprint cards, I wondering if there are any downsides of resubmitting for something that’s already been submitted.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 3:52:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usn_grunt] [#33]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
At what point should one consider cancelling their eForm 1 and resubmitting?  Mine is sitting at 80 days, with no resolution in sight.  Last one late last year took two weeks.  Aside from paying another $200 and using up another set of fingerprint cards, I wondering if there are any downsides of resubmitting for something that’s already been submitted.
View Quote

@willi3d Form 1's are taking 100+ days right now. I wouldn't cancel it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:52:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: willi3d] [#34]

View Quote

Are they?  People are still reporting that they are getting theirs back in a couple of weeks in the eForm 1 tracking thread.  There seems to be a batch from June that’s gotten “stuck” in waiting for the FBI from what’s been posted, while others after that are being processed with more or less normal times.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Are they?  People are still reporting that they are getting theirs back in a couple of weeks in the eForm 1 tracking thread.  There seems to be a batch from June that’s gotten “stuck” in waiting for the FBI from what’s been posted, while others after that are being processed with more or less normal times.
View All Quotes

Mine took 108 days. I would hold off on cancelling just yet. I was just as frustrated as you are and also considered cancelling, glad I waited.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I recently did a efofm1. Came back in 13 days
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

I have an eForm 1 submitted going on two weeks. I would wait it out. Funny enough, I had two Form 4's come back in 100 days recently. lol.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

I submitted one on 5/26, i waited until 8/13 and then withdrew it and resubmitted. They received my prints on 8/18 and it was approved on 8/31. I had also submitted another one on 7/9 and it was approved on 8/7 with 2.5 weeks of pending research. Cancelling and resubmitting got me mine faster as they still haven’t gotten through all of may according to some trackers. This was my experience, ymmv
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:07:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mauser89] [#39]

View Quote

I'd wait.  I cancelled and resubmitted on 8/11 and its still pending.  I am beginning to wonder if it has to do with my trust.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Still waiting on a 6/28 SBR form 1 submission.

I did form 1 suppressor back in December/January that only took about 3 weeks.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I normally wouldn't complain about a Form 1 taking so long, but I guess I got spoiled when I had 6 Form 1's approved within a few weeks... Before June 2020

I currently have two from June somewhere out there in the abyss... Rumble rumble rumble...

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Hopefully you'll get it back in within the next 2 months.  Either it is approved or "returned without action."
The NFA branch generally give forms about 18 months to finish, one way or another, unless the forms are "lost" and is just marked "pending" in the tracking system and nobody cares to look into it at the 18 months mark
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#43]
My resubmitted eform was approved.

Resubmitted 8/27
Prints received 9/1
APPROVED 9/11

16 days. If only it had done that the first time around rather than the long wait and disapproval!
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 3:40:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mauser89] [#44]
Mine is still pending from 8/11 but if I go under electronic documents, the passport photo and 5320.23 both show 0kb as a file size and when I click on either one it downloads the photo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Does anyone know what's going on with Form 3's and the ATF? I purchased an R9 from Silencer Shop and the Form 3 was submitted on 8/13, and it's still not approved yet. I've followed up with Silencer Shop twice. All they've been able to tell me is it's on ATF's end and they are just waiting on them to "fix a bug in their system". Tomorrow will start the 6th week of the Form 3 hanging out there, and while I don't want to cancel my order over this, I'm getting a little upset over these delays that should be very quick.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 4:37:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amediocreshooter] [#46]
Originally Posted By mauser89:
Mine is still pending from 8/11 but if I go under electronic documents, the passport photo and 5320.23 both show 0kb as a file size and when I click on either one it downloads the photo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mauser89:

This is normal.

My resubmitted eform was approved.

Resubmitted 8/27
Prints received 9/1
APPROVED 9/11

16 days. If only it had done that the first time around rather than the long wait and disapproval!

Finally lol
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 4:30:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#47]
Just got another disapproval for a Form 1 SBR because my fingerprints and cover letter didn’t show up. I’ll probably get another one in a day or two since I mailed 2 in the same envelope.

This is twice in a row for the same one (submitted for the first time in June or July) and it’ll be the first the second.

Address I used:

National Firearms Act Division
P.O. Box 5015
Portland, OR 97208-5015
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:
Just got another disapproval for a Form 1 SBR because my fingerprints and cover letter didn’t show up. I’ll probably get another one in a day or two since I mailed 2 in the same envelope.

This is twice in a row for the same one (submitted for the first time in June or July) and it’ll be the first the second.

Address I used:

P.O. Box 5015
Portland, OR 97208-5015
View Quote

Wrong address bro.  They suppose to go to Martinsburg, WV.    Probably why you keep getting a disapproval.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

Wrong address bro.  They suppose to go to Martinsburg, WV.    Probably why you keep getting a disapproval.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:

Address I used:

P.O. Box 5015
Portland, OR 97208-5015

Yep, this is the correct address.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:52:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#50]

View All Quotes

Yep, this is the correct address.

Not according to ATF website or what is at the top of the Form 1.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/new-mailing-addresses-many-atf-registration-forms

When’s the last time either one of you did a Form 1?
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top