Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Sn of item, your name along with trust name if in trust, and transferring dealer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By monkeypunch:
When you guys call the ATF to ask for a status update, what info will they need, and do I need to ask to talk to someone specific??
View Quote

You need to be prepared to be told pending and that it takes 10 months.

Which means now youll probably get it so your welcome!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:54:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampvol] [#3]
Originally Posted By artimus009:
Sn of item, your name along with trust name if in trust, and transferring dealer.
View Quote

lol, I didn't think it would really be necessary to mention this part, Capt. Obvious.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:58:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: monkeypunch] [#4]
Originally Posted By laxman09:

You need to be prepared to be told pending and that it takes 10 months.

Which means now youll probably get it so your welcome!
View Quote

I hope you're right!

Damn, I don't have the S/Ns.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel like they skipped over Aug and Sept, (mine).    I see all these Jul and Dec approvals.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I cashed a stamp in July and December.

LGS is reporting returns from stuff in January.

Buddy got two back from January and still has stuff pending from last summer and fall.

I wrote a letter to my Senator today. See how it shakes out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I am happy to report back that my Form 4 arrived this morning to my FFL.  Can in hand!  Approved on 3/14, in hand on 4/6
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
I am happy to report back that my Form 4 arrived this morning to my FFL.  Can in hand!  Approved on 3/14, in hand on 4/6
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Nice! All these October approvals are giving me hope. I want to call the BATF phone line again but I know that I'll be met with the crushing disappointment of "still pending..." from the other end of the phone
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Nice! All these October approvals are giving me hope. I want to call the BATF phone line again but I know that I'll be met with the crushing disappointment of "still pending..." from the other end of the phone
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Ya I have an early oct one too. Every time I call it’s still pending .
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 2 Form4 from April 29th, checks cashed on May 17th, 2019.

Both pending.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 1911xdm:

View All Quotes

I got an early Oct one too. No luck.

Oh yeah and still no luck on my July 19 one as well.

WTF ATF.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I really hope that 90 approval bill passes. I honestly don’t think anybody would be opposed to that. No reason it won’t pass. The dems still get their background check and $200. We still get fingerprinted and checked. No reason the system should not take 90 days or less.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I really hope that 90 approval bill passes. I honestly don't think anybody would be opposed to that. No reason it won't pass. The dems still get their background check and $200. We still get fingerprinted and checked. No reason the system should not take 90 days or less.
View Quote
I won't pretend to know much about the nuance of the legislative process, but a bill like this appeals to a very small segment of the broader population. The overwhelming majority of Americans have no knowledge of or interest in the NFA and its obnoxious features. My guess is that most legislator's attitudes will reflect that. So, I could see a lot of 'not present' or 'no' votes, not so much because the legislator is strongly opposed to it, but because they don't have any real constituent pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this bill to pass. It doesn't change anything insofar as security and vetting is concerned, tax revenue is maintained (it would probably grow for that matter), etc. It's entirely reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I won't pretend to know much about the nuance of the legislative process, but a bill like this appeals to a very small segment of the broader population. The overwhelming majority of Americans have no knowledge of or interest in the NFA and its obnoxious features. My guess is that most legislator's attitudes will reflect that. So, I could see a lot of 'not present' or 'no' votes, not so much because the legislator is strongly opposed to it, but because they don't have any real constituent pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this bill to pass. It doesn't change anything insofar as security and vetting is concerned, tax revenue is maintained (it would probably grow for that matter), etc. It's entirely reasonable.
View All Quotes
I really hope that 90 approval bill passes. I honestly don't think anybody would be opposed to that. No reason it won't pass. The dems still get their background check and $200. We still get fingerprinted and checked. No reason the system should not take 90 days or less.

I don’t see why they would vote against it though. It’s not hurting anything just speeding up a long process time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Called on my early October pending this morning.
Still pending.
May go add a Chimera to see if the MultiPass actually works.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#18]

I don't see why they would vote against it though. It's not hurting anything just speeding up a long process time.
View Quote
I'd imagine it would come down to the gun politics of your state or district. Unless you're constituents are overtly pro-gun rights, it's not a legislative "win" to vote for it, and you probably won't get any flack for voting "not present".

I don't think it's a bill that will garner much energy or support outside of established gun rights legislators, put another way. That's not to say it's right, just, or sensible!
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Called on my early October pending this morning.
Still pending.
May go add a Chimera to see if the MultiPass actually works.
View Quote
I just tried calling twice and the line immediately dropped after the employee picked up the phone and asked how she could help. Either Jennifer at BATF hated the sound of my voice, or my phone was being weird

I'm gonna take that as a sign from the NFA gods that it's still pending.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I just tried calling twice and the line immediately dropped after the employee picked up the phone and asked how she could help. Either Jennifer at BATF hated the sound of my voice, or my phone was being weird

I'm gonna take that as a sign from the NFA gods that it's still pending.
View Quote

Lol the exact same thing happened to me, with Jennifer answering. I had to wait a while before calling back due to a conference call, and then got right through to get my "still pending" answer.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I really hope that 90 approval bill passes. I honestly don’t think anybody would be opposed to that. No reason it won’t pass. The dems still get their background check and $200. We still get fingerprinted and checked. No reason the system should not take 90 days or less.
View Quote

As I recall, my 1st Evah! Transfer at the Turn of the 21st Century took about 90 days.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:32:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southshore30] [#22]
View Quote

Excellent!
They must have been on a roll yesterday. My first submission came back approved yesterday after getting a email at 6am from the examiner to log in and upload a copy of my LTC and click save. I did it right away and a few hours later I get the email I was approved. Still waiting on the other one I filed two days later but sent in one set of prints at the same time for both submissions. I checked the second application and I’d remembered to upload my LTC when I submitted
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By southshore30:
Excellent!
They must have been on a roll yesterday. My first submission came back approved yesterday after getting a email at 6am from the examiner to log in and upload a cool of my LTC and click save. I did it right away and a few hours later I get the email I was approved. Still waiting on the other one I filed two days later but sent in one set of prints at the same time for both submissions. I checked the second application and I’d remembered to upload my LTC when I submitted
View Quote

To keep track: When did you send it in?????
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#24]
It was a form 1 not 4. Submitted 3/13 and another on 3/15. First one approved yesterday. 24 days
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 2:14:29 AM EDT
[#25]
It was a form 1 not 4. Submitted 3/13 and another on 3/15. First one approved yesterday. 24 days
View Quote
Surely that was an e form 1, yeah? The last EF1 I filed last summer came back approved in something like three weeks.

If it was paper, show me your ways
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Not really an NFA complaint, butt...

I mailed off my very first Form 4 Saturday morning, USPS Priority Mail. As of this morning, it would appear that USPS has already lost the damn thing. Location unknown since Monday afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Sprocket99:

I mailed off my very first Form 4 Saturday morning, USPS Priority Mail. As of this morning, it would appear that USPS has already lost the damn thing. Location unknown since Monday afternoon. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_angry.gif
View Quote

If it makes you feel better, my f4 (336 days) and f1 (37 days) applications hit a "delayed" status.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#28]

I mailed off my very first Form 4 Saturday morning, USPS Priority Mail. As of this morning, it would appear that USPS has already lost the damn thing. Location unknown since Monday afternoon. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_angry.gif
View Quote
Not NFA-related but I have two packages of spent brass coming via USPS priority that have been 'in transit' for about a week past their respective expected arrival dates. No updates whatsoever
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:

The race is on!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
F4 check cashed 7/8/19...still waiting.
I'm 4 day before you. Get in line!

The race is on!
Approved 6 Apr! Waiting on the stamp.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Surely that was an e form 1, yeah? The last EF1 I filed last summer came back approved in something like three weeks.

View All Quotes

Yes, definitely, it was eform. Still waiting on one more filed two days after that one
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:33:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: floridahunter07] [#31]
Currently waiting for a 01/28 check cashing submission. It arrived to NFA branch on 01/27 so hopefully my dealer can get me the SN (I don't have it available right now) and I can call and get a status... The few quick turn arounds have me hopeful...

ETA: Still pending, no surprise
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Oh hey you may be in my boat then.

I bought a can in 2017 and I'm *STILL FUCKING WAITING* for it.

Examiner refuses to return voicemails (and *EVERYTHING* goes to voicemail), i'm in MD so congressionals couldn't give half a fuck about anything gun related, so now what?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ProfessorHorseyhead:

Oh hey you may be in my boat then.

I bought a can in 2017 and I'm *STILL FUCKING WAITING* for it.

Examiner refuses to return voicemails (and *EVERYTHING* goes to voicemail), i'm in MD so congressionals couldn't give half a fuck about anything gun related, so now what?
View Quote

Holy shit what?!

Id have canceled the Form 4 by now and tried over again.  That is insanity.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By laxman09:

Holy shit what?!

Id have canceled the Form 4 by now and tried over again.  That is insanity.
View Quote

Oh it's total insanity.  It wouldn't surprise me if i cancelled it and never saw the $200.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Every week I call on my oct 5th can. Every week I get the same still pending answer. All the other oct people have their stamps.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Every week I call on my oct 5th can. Every week I get the same still pending answer. All the other oct people have their stamps.
View Quote

Dont worry, so do lots of guys from Jan/Feb 2020

Im just not one of them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Laughs in July...
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
OCT 3rd pending...I'm trying to limit calls to once per month as a means of appeasing the BATF gods.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Holy fucking shit.

Last week I called and was still pending.

Today I called and apparently it was approved March 27th.

Dealer naturally still hasn't received the approved stamp.

God I wish I could be as shit at my job as these NFA clowns are.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Holy fucking shit.

View Quote

Guess I'll be calling again on my day off this week
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:44:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Holy fucking shit.

View Quote

3 years lol. Some kind of record? That Aem5 will be worth it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:07:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ProfessorHorseyhead] [#42]
Originally Posted By Engel12626:

3 years lol. Some kind of record? That Aem5 will be worth it.
View Quote

Maybe it won't be, I got run out of the mk12 thread for not using a long collar.  

Some of those fuckers have a lot of their lives they don't control, it would seem.  Hopefully they can find themselves on the right side of life again soon.  I've been that depressed before, just constantly ripping into other people to try and lift myself up.  All that hate's gonna burn them up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Check cashed for a Hybrid 46 on September 4.  Since that time I've built a 458 SBR and I just got 450 grain loads dialed in this past weekend.  The wait has only gotten more difficult now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#44]
I just caught these numbers from Another Site:
Form 4 Individual
Sparrow 22

Mailed: 10/28/2019
CC Charged: 11/03/2018
Approved: 03/20/2020
Received: 04/09/2020
View Quote

My calculations say 164 Days.
23 Weeks

The Times are slowly Dropping!
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
I just caught these numbers from Another Site:

My calculations say 164 Days.
23 Weeks

The Times are slowly Dropping!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#47]
 I DID say S L O W L Y
If the trend hold I might be able to pick up my latest two cans in July and August instead of November and later.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Today is my birthday.  As a present, the atf decided to approve my next door neighbors can.  Not sure how that works, but there it is.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AZ-AR15:
Today is my birthday.  As a present, the atf decided to approve my next door neighbors can.  Not sure how that works, but there it is.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AZ-AR15:
View Quote

It was the ATF version of this...

Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top