Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HeadInSand:
200 days? You have a long way to go -- likely at least 165 more days.

If I were you, I'd stop checking in here.  It's clear that approvals will be 365+ days in short order. Some already are.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeadInSand:
Originally Posted By 1911xdm:
Hit 200 days. Called them and they said 9+ months “cuz govmit sutdwn” I told the lady it was only shut down for 35 days why did the wait go up 3+ months now. Pretty dumb
Seeing you all past a year does not give me hope

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/5CACB024-5416-4F19-A6FD-98F15177829B_png-945768.JPG
200 days? You have a long way to go -- likely at least 165 more days.

If I were you, I'd stop checking in here.  It's clear that approvals will be 365+ days in short order. Some already are.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
That’s complete BS. No reason why when you buy it is 6 months then changes to double that. I understand when you buy and it’s already at a year but not the other way around
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Im about to go pick up my SD can

You guys can finally stop hearing me bitch

for now
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I know many have waited longer or have been put in the FBI BGC black hole...

I'm at 302 days. The person on the phone said "You're now in the standard timeframe of approvals, check back on a monthly basis".

I asked if I had been assigned an examiner yet. "Sir you have not".

FATF
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I sent in a 5320.20 to take an SBR out of state from May 2 to May 6.

They approved it on May 8.

I got it in the mail on May 17th.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 10:56:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Called today, my form 4 that is at 313 days has been sent to an examiner for final approval. Fingers crossed I'll have it in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#7]
One of my buddies who has a storefront says he is getting back Form 4s that were sent in like 3 months ago, but he also has people who have been waiting 300 plus days. Makes no sense
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DoctorLove:
One of my buddies who has a storefront says he is getting back Form 4s that were sent in like 3 months ago, but he also has people who have been waiting 300 plus days. Makes no sense
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#9]
7 months waiting on my Trash Panda
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#10]
2 days , waiting on machine gun
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Makes sense for people who have received batch approvals.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#12]
How do batch approvals work? I mailed a F4 And efiled 2x F1 on Tuesday and then shipped my prints for the F1s yesterday. Are these going to be batched? Also if I do multiple eF1s, can I put all their cover sheets and prints in the same envelope? I did it separately just to be safe, but for future ref I’d like to know.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Wildbill990:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wildbill990:
I had one form 4 go pending May 28th 2018 and the other go pending July 13th 2018, the first one was approved March 3rd and the other one is still pending.

Idk how batch approvals work, maybe if I had 10 form 4s pending at that time they would have all been approved together.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
Called today, my form 4 that is at 313 days has been sent to an examiner for final approval. Fingers crossed I'll have it in a couple weeks.
View Quote
I’m 7/13 and 7/30. Got pending when I called today. Did you ask if it was sent to the examiner or did he tell you?
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
How was the trip?

Curious when you sent it in, and what method you used. There’s a 5320.20 thread somewhere to post that info so others will have an idea.

ETA: here it is...https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Anyone-know-about-current-5320-20-times-/17-478409/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Originally Posted By Spade:
I sent in a 5320.20 to take an SBR out of state from May 2 to May 6.

They approved it on May 8.

I got it in the mail on May 17th.
How was the trip?

Curious when you sent it in, and what method you used. There’s a 5320.20 thread somewhere to post that info so others will have an idea.

ETA: here it is...https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Anyone-know-about-current-5320-20-times-/17-478409/
Didn't get to go shooting anyway.

I emailed it in.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bunnybunny:
I’m 7/13 and 7/30. Got pending when I called today. Did you ask if it was sent to the examiner or did he tell you?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bunnybunny:
He said it was pending, I asked how much longer it would be and he said not long because it had been assigned to an examiner for final review. He said once it's been assigned it usually gets approved in a few days.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome thank you. I am going to call again tomorrow I find out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#18]
You can say I waited.
1-12-18 mailed Form 4 individual, suppressor.
1-23-18 check cashed
8-13-18 called and was told it was "in process''.
8-24-18 called and was told it was pending FBI background
3-19-19 called and spoke with examiner and was told FBI was currently processing background checks from 7-18 and mine could be several more months.
5-15-19 was approved
5-24-19 form at dealer and picked up.
From mailbox to mailbox 497 days. It was frustrating but I've heard others have been waiting even longer. I currently have another Form 4 that's been in since 5-14-18 so I'm planning on another 4-5 months.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know if they are doing batch approvals now? I been hearing this. If you have a few pending and they go to run you they will approve them all at once?
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone know if they are doing batch approvals now? I been hearing this. If you have a few pending and they go to run you they will approve them all at once?
View Quote
If they are I’ll be doing an efile form 1 to go with my form 4 in a few months
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Originally Posted By home_alone1:

If they are I’ll be doing an efile form 1 to go with my form 4 in a few months
View Quote
As I see it, there are two types of "batch" approvals currently. There are the "9 or 10 stamps pending" batch approvals, that almost appear to be some sort of golden ticket to move to the head of the line; then there are the "2 or more forms stuck in background, but less than the magic number for special treatment" batch approvals. The latter won't get anything moved forward - in other words, if you have a 30-day-old F4 and you get an eForm approved, that's not going to do you any good. Still, that doesn't mean it can't be beneficial - most especially if you know you're likely to face a lengthy additional background check wait.

With a little educated guesswork, it'd be entirely possible to submit an eForm and time its approval to roughly coincide with a paper F4 moving from "pending" to "awaiting background check." Better to err on the side of caution, because if the eForm is approved too early, it doesn't offer any benefit. That said, since eForms move almost immediately to awaiting background (unless you receive an instant NICS proceed), you can potentially have your background wait running concurrently with waiting for your F4 to get to an examiner and go into background. Time the eForm approval correctly, and you can use it to push through the F4 and save a significant amount of waiting.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By krdt:

As I see it, there are two types of "batch" approvals currently. There are the "9 or 10 stamps pending" batch approvals, that almost appear to be some sort of golden ticket to move to the head of the line; then there are the "2 or more forms stuck in background, but less than the magic number for special treatment" batch approvals. The latter won't get anything moved forward - in other words, if you have a 30-day-old F4 and you get an eForm approved, that's not going to do you any good. Still, that doesn't mean it can't be beneficial - most especially if you know you're likely to face a lengthy additional background check wait.

With a little educated guesswork, it'd be entirely possible to submit an eForm and time its approval to roughly coincide with a paper F4 moving from "pending" to "awaiting background check." Better to err on the side of caution, because if the eForm is approved too early, it doesn't offer any benefit. That said, since eForms move almost immediately to awaiting background (unless you receive an instant NICS proceed), you can potentially have your background wait running concurrently with waiting for your F4 to get to an examiner and go into background. Time the eForm approval correctly, and you can use it to push through the F4 and save a significant amount of waiting.
View Quote
Got it , that makes some sense , I’ll wait until my form 4 makes it passed pending before I submit my form 1
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Got it , that makes some sense , I’ll wait until my form 4 makes it passed pending before I submit my form 1
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krdt:

Well, if you submit your eForm as your Form 4 goes into background, they'll probably be approved about the same time and not really save you any waiting.

Realistically, to have any sort of shot at making it work and saving a significant amount of waiting, you'll need to have a pretty good idea of how long an eForm is going to take to be approved (or a rough idea of how long your background delay usually is). Obviously, the best way to estimate this would be to have had an eForm recently approved. The rest would just be going by the current average wait times and approvals for those who don't get a background delay. Seems to me the average is around 280-300 days or so, and I know my eForms take about 100 days. Based on that, if I wanted to cut it close, I'd submit an eForm at 190 days into the F4 wait. More likely, I'd submit the eForm at around 210-220 days, which might mean a slightly longer wait, but a higher chance of success.

Obviously, a lot of it would depend on luck, but if you need an eForm anyway, it seems like a good strategy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Well my check cashed today ! Now the real wait begins
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 11:52:25 PM EDT
[#25]

I had one form 4 go pending May 28th 2018 and the other go pending July 13th 2018, the first one was approved March 3rd and the other one is still pending.

Idk how batch approvals work, maybe if I had 10 form 4s pending at that time they would have all been approved together.
View Quote
The batch approvals are happening.
I got a call from my dealer on Saturday that they had my (4) Form 4s in that were spread out from May to December.
After I picked those up I got home and checked my mailbox, had (6) Form 1s waiting for me. That was everything I had in the pipeline.
So it looks like it can be a mix of any forms.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Tikiman001:
I got a call from my dealer on Saturday that they had my (4) Form 4s in that were spread out from May to December.
After I picked those up I got home and checked my mailbox, had (6) Form 1s waiting for me. That was everything I had in the pipeline.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tikiman001:

That’s good. It should speed the whole process up for everyone.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#27]

That’s complete BS. No reason why when you buy it is 6 months then changes to double that. I understand when you buy and it’s already at a year but not the other way around
View Quote
See my basic explanation below. The numbers are for illustrative purposes only, the increase in form submissions was sharp but not immediately double like my example.

Reason:
When you purchased the ATF was working on 6 month old paperwork for the fixed number of ATF examiners. Let's say they can process 5,000 forms per month and there were 5,000 forms submitted each month prior to the 6 month old paperwork they were processing. The examiners maintained working on 6 month old paperwork.

While you were trying to decide what to purchase, something changed in the market. Maybe it was tax refunds, great sales, or a buy one get one promotion of epic proportions. All of a sudden there were 10,000 forms being submitted (in the 6 months between what they were working on and your purchase date) to the same fixed number of ATF examiners, which doubled their processing time to 12 months.

The current "tracking dates" do not apply to what you are purchasing now, only to old purchases that were purchased near the submission dates being approved. It is probable that after the summer surge of 2018 forms are processed the wait time will drop back to what it was prior.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Should I throw a birthday party for my current Form 4 when it turns one?

I think I'm at 320 days or so.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 11:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: funkeruski] [#29]
Originally Posted By funkeruski:

I’m not going to bitch too much about the $200 cost which has not been adjusted for inflation since it was started in the 1930s.  At some point, some whack job is going to shoot up a place using a suppressor or SBR (it’s not a question of if, but when), and the Democrats will attempt effectively ban NFA items by adjusting the original $200 to present day dollars.  That would be over $3500 according to the interweb.
View Quote
According to this report, today’s shooter had a suppressor on his pistol. Hope it’s not true, but if it is, get ready.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7092593/Shooting-municipal-center-Virginia-beach-leaves-multiple-people-injured.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#30]
According to this report, today’s shooter had a suppressor on his pistol. Hope it’s not true, but if it is, get ready.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7092593/Shooting-municipal-center-Virginia-beach-leaves-multiple-people-injured.html
View All Quotes

I’m not going to bitch too much about the $200 cost which has not been adjusted for inflation since it was started in the 1930s.  At some point, some whack job is going to shoot up a place using a suppressor or SBR (it’s not a question of if, but when), and the Democrats will attempt effectively ban NFA items by adjusting the original $200 to present day dollars.  That would be over $3500 according to the interweb.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#31]
380+ days since cash checked,

individual
sskiosk
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#32]
I bought 9/14. ATF received 9/28, check cashed 9/19. I've been commuting back and forth from Texas to Montana for the last 3 months and maintaining 2 houses waiting on this stupid stamp. I leave next week to move a boat to the med (2 week sail) and with my luck it will be approved while I'm in Spain.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Just called today. My paper form 4 was approved May 31. They told me to give it 30 days for the dealer to receive the paperwork. So the approval date was actually longer than a year from when I purchased it, but it did take me a couple of weeks to get all the fingerprints and forms mailed off. It went pending on 6/11/2018 so 355 days between pending to approval. So it will almost certainly be at least 13 months from the purchase date to getting the stamp in hand.

Still, it's good to know the wait is almost over and have the end in sight.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#34]
My Trash Panda was approved on 5/30/19, 320 days
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#35]
How long does it take to receive the stamp once it’s been approved?
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By OAK667:
View Quote
Mine took 28 days.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

Mine took 28 days.
View Quote
WTF... I hope I don’t wait that long... 327 days and counting...
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Mine has always been exactly 7 days from approval
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#39]
WTF... I hope I don't wait that long... 327 days and counting...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swampvol:

Mine took 28 days.
WTF... I hope I don't wait that long... 327 days and counting...
When they told me I was approved, they said to "give it 30 days" to get the stamp.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 4:16:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#40]
So who here is an undercover ATF customer service representative?

I didn’t get my F4 stamps, but an Efile Form 1 just cleared.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Mine have taken between 10-21 days.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
Mine took like 3 weeks and Im a skip and a hop away from the NFA branch
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Paperwork received for this Omega 9k July 31st 2018...

First they said 7 months
Then they said 9 months
Yesterday they said call back in about 3 weeks
In 3 weeks they'll probably say, "lol Trump banned suppressors"

Link Posted: 6/6/2019 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#44]
I called yesterday and the person I talked to said they are averaging about 9 months. I have been waiting about that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 6:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TN-MadDog] [#45]
Ho Lee Ph#%

On vacation and was sitting eating lunch and got a call from FFL dealer.

Said he just got my approved paperwork/stamp in the mail today.

I was too shocked to ask him what day it was approved.

It was an individual form 4 through SS and the check was cashed...

9/6/2018

I was not even planning on calling till the middle of July. Feel like I won the damn lottery.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to pick it up till next Tuesday. Thinking about cutting my vacation short to go pick it up.

Edit for update:

UPDATE

Individual form 4 through Silencer Shop.

Purchased 8/20/2018

Check cashed 9/6/2018

I never called to get a pending date

Approved 5/23/2019

FFL Dealer called me 6/6/2019 and said that he had received my approved paperwork.

259 days from check cashed to approved.

290 days from purchased to arrival at the dealer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:
Ho Lee Ph#%

On vacation and was sitting eating lunch and got a call from FFL dealer.

Said he just got my approved paperwork/stamp in the mail today.

I was too shocked to ask him what day it was approved.

It was an individual form 4 through SS and the check was cashed...

9/6/2018

I was not even planning on calling till the middle of July. Feel like I won the damn lottery.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to pick it up till next Tuesday. Thinking about cutting my vacation short to go pick it up.
View Quote
9/6/2018
6/6/2019
273 days

34 weeks

Link Posted: 6/6/2019 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TheManimal:
https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/021024940703/media/124052724071/large/1534449201/enhance

First they said 7 months
Then they said 9 months

https://media1.tenor.com/images/85737602b40e3a017721ab454048de4d/tenor.gif?itemid=9734682
View Quote
Seriously
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:01:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jambalaya] [#48]
Finally got my first centerfire suppressor today. About a year and three weeks since I purchased it. There should be no wait time, tax or paperwork. Sad that they insist on keeping these things tightly regulated.

I have a lathe and I'll probably Form 1 all the things from now on, now that I have a decent professionally manufactured suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Seriously
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheManimal:
https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/021024940703/media/124052724071/large/1534449201/enhance

First they said 7 months
Then they said 9 months

https://media1.tenor.com/images/85737602b40e3a017721ab454048de4d/tenor.gif?itemid=9734682
Seriously
Obviously not
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I've called to check on my 8/13/18 check cash date can.   Both times, the response is that is pending and they "just" received the paperwork August 13, 2018. Cocksuckers.
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top