BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 66
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Curious...for those that seem to be stuck in the BGC black hole, did you put your SSN on the FP cards?
View Quote
I put my SSN on multiple form 4s submitted the same day and they all went pending on 20NOV2017. I have been in BGC purgatory since at least the end of April.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 12:31:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 00sdime00] [#2]
Edit: Double post misfire
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 2:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#3]
I may have asked that question earlier in the thread, but didn't go back to look.

Reason I posted it is I was reading a discussion yesterday that said the ATF/FBI doesn't even run your prints. That's why the quality of the prints doesn't seem to matter. They simply input the info on the cards and run a NICS check...so the SSN being present should prevent most of the delays.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swampvol:

I honestly don't remember, but PSA helped fill out the forms so I'm betting I did as they tend to be very precise when dealing with the atf.

Check cashed exactly one year ago tomorrow. Been in BGC since late January/early February.
I may have asked that question earlier in the thread, but didn't go back to look.

Reason I posted it is I was reading a discussion yesterday that said the ATF/FBI doesn't even run your prints. That's why the quality of the prints doesn't seem to matter. They simply input the info on the cards and run a NICS check...so the SSN being present should prevent most of the delays.
You know what, after just having two form 4’s approved in 35 days, it crossed my mind for a moment about this. I’ve done the NFA process before so I’m “in the system”. I’ve wondered if they even ran my prints with the FBI. To be approved in just over a month had me thinking this and what if they don’t even run prints.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Wildbill990:
You know what, after just having two form 4's approved in 35 days, it crossed my mind for a moment about this. I've done the NFA process before so I'm "in the system". I've wondered if they even ran my prints with the FBI. To be approved in just over a month had me thinking this and what if they don't even run prints.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swampvol:

I honestly don't remember, but PSA helped fill out the forms so I'm betting I did as they tend to be very precise when dealing with the atf.

Check cashed exactly one year ago tomorrow. Been in BGC since late January/early February.

You know what, after just having two form 4's approved in 35 days, it crossed my mind for a moment about this. I've done the NFA process before so I'm "in the system". I've wondered if they even ran my prints with the FBI. To be approved in just over a month had me thinking this and what if they don't even run prints.
Many of us have already confirmed that they don't run prints.

Just call and speak with an examiner and they will tell you it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Curious...for those that seem to be stuck in the BGC black hole, did you put your SSN on the FP cards?
View Quote
Yep, definitely included my SSN. In the past I've had regular Title I NICS checks get a delay when I didn't include the SSN; for a while adding my SSN seemed to solve it. I thought I had it all figured out, but then over the past year or two, it's been about 50/50 whether I get a delay even with the SSN included. So, who knows.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
called about my SS F1 Trust submission today and the lady said pending still.

Something odd I did notice is that on my SS account the payment cleared on the 5/28 but according to them It did not clear until 5/30?

Either way I will give it another week and call again. Should be getting really close. I projected 2 months ago that Aug 22 would be my approval date. Kinda missed it but from looking at the tracker and what you guys have been posting on the various tracking forms I should be close.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
called about my SS F1 Trust submission today and the lady said pending still.

Something odd I did notice is that on my SS account the payment cleared on the 5/28 but according to them It did not clear until 5/30?

Either way I will give it another week and call again. Should be getting really close. I projected 2 months ago that Aug 22 would be my approval date. Kinda missed it but from looking at the tracker and what you guys have been posting on the various tracking forms I should be close.
View Quote
I just called on a SS Form 1 with a check cashed date of 4/27/18, I was told it's waiting on BG check.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By grn_zx6r:

I just called on a SS Form 1 with a check cashed date of 4/27/18, I was told it's waiting on BG check.
View Quote
Few times I call they just say pending. Not sure what they are pending on. BGC or Examiner signing off?
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#9]
@ccosby

How in the world did you get that to happen?

Patrol use?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#10]
So they complained about how my brother was listed on my trust saying he had to produce fingerprints despite approving 10 stamps post 41f without saying a word. I haven't had a chance to have a lawyer relook at my trust but a lawyer drafted it and another looked at it when he was cleaning up one for another client. He's listed as a successor on it.

While going back and forth with the examiner I asked if I just did a new form 4 as an individual and sent it to them if they would just process it that way and I'd send out the new forums that day. They let me change it. My brother is in training and it would have taken a week or so to get prints and photos from him. Honestly everything since then was submitted as an individual as they have been going faster so I didn't care. So yes that form 4 really did only take that long, just because they let me replace a different one that was already on the examiner's desk vs waiting a week or two to fix the old ones to my trust.

Which is why I did the smile.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:22:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Does everyone here use the NFA tracker site?

I have seen submissions on F1 come back from around the same time as mine but they are not show on the tracker.

Wonder if the tracker updates daily or weekly ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#12]
From PAFAO, 2018 NFA Paperwork Timeline

Wildbill990
NFA Item(s): Two Sig Suppressors
Transferee Type: Individual Form 4
Method: Paper
Form Mailed: 6/30/18
Pending: 7/10/18
Approved: 8/15/18
Received 8/23/18
View Quote
Unreal
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#13]
sitting at day 262 for 2 suppressors, 2 more are at day 212, all are Form 4 - individual

Called again last week, told they are all still pending background check.

In the process of drafting up a cordial letter to my congresscritter
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RLunyATL:

sitting at day 262 for 2 suppressors, 2 more are at day 212, all are Form 4 - individual

View Quote
You should be close I had a F4 approval last month that was 230 days from F4 submit to approval. Not sure I would send a letter yet. I know the wait sucks but its just the way it currently is on F4s.

The last F4 before that was 271 days approval in march.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#15]
You should be close I had a F4 approval last month that was 230 days from F4 submit to approval. Not sure I would send a letter yet. I know the wait sucks but its just the way it currently is on F4s.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RLunyATL:

No, I'd suggest he still send a letter. The "background" check process is unreasonably long, and the more attention it gets the better.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm at 280 days on my suppressor F4 and 230 days for an F1 - both still awaiting background. I last called August 22nd and probably will call again this week.

I've actually been working on a letter to my Rep. this afternoon as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:

Unreal
View All Quotes

Wildbill990
Received 8/23/18
Unreal
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:59:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GiggleSmith] [#18]
View All Quotes

Wildbill990
Received 8/23/18
Unreal
You'se GOT to tell us how you managed it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

Wildbill990
Received 8/23/18
Unreal
Was just luck. I had one of the new examiners and she said a box was taken out of order so there were prob several dozens or a few hundreds that got approved quickly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 5:09:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#20]
Was just luck. I had one of the new examiners and she said a box was taken out of order so there were prob several dozens or a few hundreds that got approved quickly.
View All Quotes

Wildbill990
Received 8/23/18
Unreal
I don’t doubt this, it’s just to me this doesn’t make sense, supposedly the extra long waits at the moment are due to a bottle neck/back log with FBI back ground checks taking forever to come back, or so we’re told. In this scenario, it would mean that a wrong stack got mistakenly taken out of order and miraculously got FBI background checks back in a matter of days versus months for applications before and after it. Just another NFA WTF head scratcher. ...Congrats on the quick T/A
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
I don’t doubt this, it’s just to me this doesn’t make sense, supposedly the extra long waits at the moment are due to a bottle neck/back log with FBI back ground checks taking forever to come back, or so we’re told. In this scenario, it would mean that a wrong stack got mistakenly taken out of order and miraculously got FBI background checks back in a matter of days versus months for applications before and after it. Just another NFA WTF head scratcher. ...Congrats on the quick T/A
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bestiller:

Wildbill990
Received 8/23/18
Unreal
Thanks. Ask Big Waylon about the checks. It’s been speculated they don’t even check your prints, at least if you’ve been approved for NFA items in the past anyway which would make sense. They should be able to easily see the prints you submitted on the first NFA that was approved prior.

If that’s the case, why do they need the FBI for? I’m guessing a NICS check is all that’s really done once approved in the past.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:15:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#22]
Well looks like F1 Trust are going back up. They hit 74 as a low on the tracker and back up over a hundred now. Called on mine today and its now at 107 days.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been checking all over the place.
It looks like Waiting Times for Form 4's has crept passed 200 days again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been checking all over the place.
It looks like Waiting Times for Form 4's has crept passed 200 days again.
View Quote
Afraid it looks that way, I had gotten one back in 178 days end of last year, waiting on another one now at day 202 and counting. Friend of mine got one back last week at 222 days. Keeping my fingers crossed. This is so f’ing ridiculous!! It seems only illegal immigrants and transgenders get swift government action these days.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Two F1s with a checked cashed date of 12-17-17 and neither one of them yet.  When I called...BG check.  :(
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By number40Fan:
Two F1s with a checked cashed date of 12-17-17 and neither one of them yet.  When I called...BG check.  :(
View Quote
Call / contact your congressman.

FBI is sitting on these NICS checks beyond the allowable time frame. Many of us have an an approval in a week or two after contacting our congressman.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By fettesbrotde:

FBI is sitting on these NICS checks beyond the allowable time frame. Many of us have an an approval in a week or two after contacting our congressman.
View All Quotes

What is the allowable time frame and where is that referenced as law/policy? Just asking so I can reference it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fettesbrotde] [#28]
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:
What is the allowable time frame and where is that referenced as law/policy? Just asking so I can reference it. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:

88 to 90 days for an "open" (read: delayed) NICS check per 28 CFR 25.9 (b)(ii)

ETA: In my case, the FBI had exceeded that time frame. I was in background check pending for 101 days, and likely would have been longer had I not contacted my congressman
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
Came to the thread just now to ask if I was the only one still waiting on forms from a Dec ‘17 cashed date (an F1 and a F4)... The call a few days ago resulted in the expected ‘...both are still in BG check...’

...anyone else from last year care to chime in?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone else wondering what the heck is going on with F1 submissions?

We were down to 78 days and its now going back up over 100 again. I am currently sitting at 124 days and counting.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone else wondering what the heck is going on with F1 submissions?

We were down to 78 days and its now going back up over 100 again. I am currently sitting at 124 days and counting.
View Quote
I'm wondering that too.  Did ATF stop processing Individual form 1s or did people just stop updating NFA tracker?

The last few on the chart were from back in AUGUST!
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By HRoark:

I'm wondering that too.  Did ATF stop processing Individual form 1s or did people just stop updating NFA tracker?

The last few on the chart were from back in AUGUST!
View Quote
IDK I am sub to all of the nfa tracking threads on here and in general it seems the NFA approvals have slowed down across the board. The stuff that I have seen come back is all over the place as far as submission dates.

I ran the numbers on my F1 a while back. When I first submitted it the current times then said lat Oct. But as the date decreased it was going to be late Aug. Blew thru the Aug dates. I have called every Friday to check and still get pending. No Pending BGC just pending.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Something fucky is going on with this whole process. I'm starting to wonder if its intentional.

As people have mentioned, Form 1 times are shooting up. Typically that means they're working Form 4s. I've seen this swapping back and forth before, but it doesn't appear to be taking place this time.

Also, my examiner "left" last week, and I've never heard that before. Who knows if there's more. Could have been a funding / fiscal year thing, but I could have sworn they just got funding for more examiners. Hopefully that doesn't add more time.

Combine that with the fact that there seems to be issues with the BGC, and the FBI has some alternate not-per-the-law NICS process they're using, and we've got all these excessive delays.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#34]
ATF got enough funds to hire 25 new examiners, yet wait times continue to be 190-250 days.

Time to contact your representatives and find out why they were given the money and produced no results.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#35]
 244 Days

Originally Posted By AZNemesis50:
Christmas in October.

Form 4, Trust 3 RP's
Silencer Shop

Rugged Obsidian 9

Forms sent 1-31-18
Checks cashed 2-18-18
Approved 9-24-18
Stamp at dealer 10-2-18
Picked up 10-2-18
View Quote
35 weeks
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I took my own advice and emailed my rep.  When I got home today I had a message from his staff that they wanted to speak to me about the issue.  Will call them Tuesday as I believe they will be off Monday.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 5:15:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: number40Fan] [#37]
Anyone have a dumbed down email/statement that we could all use?
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#38]
As a follow up I spoke to my congressman’s staffer.  Asked them to look at the increase in the ATF budget for NFA approvals but still not hitting their 90 day target.  Also asked them to look at the requirement for 2 sets of prints for every submission and finally why the FBI checks when done take so long.

My email also asked about eforms which majicallly came online after my email but before I followed up with the staffer so I am going to take that as ATF got wind of my letter and wanted to show some progress

I know it’s unlikely to bring about any change but at least I made my case
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Received 1 out of 2 stamps back today.

Cashed 12-17-17, approved 10-2-18.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Submitted two Form 4’s on 2/1 in the same package. The SBR came back three weeks ago. The silencer is still MIA.

Submitted two Form 1s 3/22 and 4/11. The 4/11 has been back for two months. 4/11 is MIA.

Several other Form 4s are rattling around in WV.

This process is dumb.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
I'm in the same boat. Charged my card on 1-11-18 for 3 stamps including my Mac-11 MG. Getting fucking pissed off. This is the longest I have waited for any stamp since I've been collecting. I'm giving it until 11-11-18 then I'm writing my reps.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I have seen more guys in here posting that stamps are being approved. I think the examiners that we’re knocking out the F1 forms was split into. Some went to take on old F4 and the others doing EFile.

Just a guess.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, hell.  I guess if you get online and complain, shit happens.  Ok, AR15.com probably wasn't the best place to complain, but I now have my second stamp in hand!  :D

Time to break out the engraver and go pew-pew with my 10.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 1:36:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GiggleSmith] [#44]
I think I found my next Can: A SiG rimfire.  
Money situation say not until After the Mid Terms.  
My Estimated Wait Time Calculator says I'm gong to have to wait until Summer for APPROVAL.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 3:13:56 PM EDT
[#45]
235 days and counting on 2 stamps F4 Individual.

First and quite possibly my last NFA purchases unless something changes.

I know it's been said before and there a (supposedly) been a bit of progress made, but if the industry wants to see their bottom lines recover they better figure out a way to get the wait times down.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JoshInReno:

I know it's been said before and there a (supposedly) been a bit of progress made, but if the industry wants to see their bottom lines recover they better figure out a way to get the wait times down.  
View Quote
The first are the absolute worst. Don’t give up. I’m at 280 days on one.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
Start buying more stamps...
it’s the only effective treatment
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
I swear I believe this is the end result that some in the .Gov hope to accomplish with these erroneous delays and hurdles.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I finally broke down and called today. Both checks cashed 12 April 18 and....pending.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm waiting for my stamp. Last time I called I was told it was approved on 10/19. Checked with my dealer late last week and was told they hadn't received it.  I'm wondering how long it'll take for it to be sent/received. The wait for approval was bad, but knowing it's approved and waiting on the stamp itself seems worse to me.
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top