Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2017 8:54:05 PM EDT
I'm sitting on two trust form 4s. One check is 158 days cashed with an unknown (not pending) status. On the other hand, the second check has been cashed 93 days with a confirmed pending status.

Should I be concerned about the form 4 with the unknown status? This is my first foray into anything NFA, so I'm not sure what to expect.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
UPDATE: My FFL has been communicating with the ATF. My FFL verified that the S/N matched what is on the form 4. The NFA branch suspects that the S/N may have been mistyped or transposed into their system. Now the NFA branch is asking that the form 4 be resubmitted with proof of cashed check so that they can research the issue. Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Normal
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#3]
UPDATE FINAL: My FFL called me this morning and said that everything is good with a definitive pending status. The NFA branch couldn't look up the S/N because whoever entered it into their system transposed two characters. So, it's been corrected. It likely would have been fixed when they got to my form, but I wanted the peace of mind that it's there. Now I know for next time, and may this help others who might fall under a similar experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top