BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That could've been done totally legit though. Any gifts (or captured enemy weapons) given to the President do not belong to him personally, but to the Executive Office of the President (EOPOTUS). As a government entity, this office is exempt from provisions of the NFA and could register any post-86 or contraband firearm it wishes. This would not allow Bush to keep it after his term (unless former presidents are still considered members of the office).

Google says about 4,000 people are members, so legally some copy machine clerk could run around with the Saddam Glock 18 today, as long as he's a member of EOPOTUS.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure it is on display in his presidential library.
EDIT: as several other people have already said.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha I always knew that case wouldn't win. No argument under the sun would convince them to overturn Hughes and allow unrestricted ownership of MGs. Glad I didn't wait to buy a MG based on that stupid case. Sucks for all the ppl who donated money to the cause. Would have been better spend funding a transferable MG purchase
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Haha I always knew that case wouldn't win. No argument under the sun would convince them to overturn Hughes and allow ownership unrestricted ownership of MGs. Glad I didn't wait to buy a MG based on that stupid case. Sucks for all the ppl who donated money to the cause. Would have been better spend funding a transferable MG purchase
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Haha I always knew that case wouldn't win. No argument under the sun would convince them to overturn Hughes and allow ownership unrestricted ownership of MGs. Glad I didn't wait to buy a MG based on that stupid case. Sucks for all the ppl who donated money to the cause. Would have been better spend funding a transferable MG purchase
You seem like a swell guy
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I heard Rumors that Saddams G18 was added for Bush.

Rumors...
View Quote
There would be far easier and legal ways for ATF to "allow" Bush to keep Saddam's G18.

Since Bush will have Secret Service protection for the rest of his life, the MG could be registered to the Secret service on a form 10 with the "Location" of the MG being the duty post that is Bush's primary residence. Bush could be given status by Secret Service to handle such weapons in the performance of official duties. It wouldn't have to be LEO. He could be delegated as an "Historical Conservator" or some other title that would allow him to handle it and show it off to visitors, even shoot it. When Bush passes, the gun would still be in possession of the Secret Service.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There would be far easier and legal ways for ATF to "allow" Bush to keep Saddam's G18.

Since Bush will have Secret Service protection for the rest of his life, the MG could be registered to the Secret service on a form 10 with the "Location" of the MG being the duty post that is Bush's primary residence. Bush could be given status by Secret Service to handle such weapons in the performance of official duties. It wouldn't have to be LEO. He could be delegated as an "Historical Conservator" or some other title that would allow him to handle it and show it off to visitors, even shoot it. When Bush passes, the gun would still be in possession of the Secret Service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard Rumors that Saddams G18 was added for Bush.

Rumors...

If Bush wants to shot a G18 he will. Simple as that.

Many here think that Political Eites are personally registering guns. Why? They have massive protection details, run entire swaths of government, etc... They just get on the phone and say "I want to go to the range, set something up" and it is done. They go to secure government ranges, burn through government ammo, with government owned guns. 

They want to shoot a G18, MP5, M249, etc.... fine. They can get their hands on one when they want to.

Gun ownership to them is not personal priority. They have massive access to a life that we will never have. How many members of Congress have the USAF shuttle them around? Remember Pelosi bitching abiut want a dedicated USSR transport to fly over the hick states?

He'll, most of them are rich enough they have their own private planes on call. 

Trust me.... if they want to keep a G18 in their house they will. 

Doesn't have to be crazy either through paperwork shuffling and labeling.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm just brutally honest.

Gun owners can donate their hard earned money and dance around like little school girls because some lawyer says he will repeal the NFA or they can have a reality check and realize even if it is unconstitutional the gov will never let it happen which is exactly what happened and will continue to happen. There are less than a dozen nations in the world that allow civilians to own fully automatic firearms, and most of them have way more restrictions than the US. Instead of throwing a fit just be thankful we have the right to own them, even if they are ridiculously expensive.

Is it right now? No
Is it fair? No
Is life fair? No

you can sit around and complain about it or you can start saving and buy one before the prices become so high only the wealthy elite can own them.

Quoted:
If Bush wants to shot a G18 he will. Simple as that.

Many here think that Political Eites are personally registering guns. Why? They have massive protection details, run entire swaths of government, etc... They just get on the phone and say "I want to go to the range, set something up" and it is done. They go to secure government ranges, burn through government ammo, with government owned guns.

They want to shoot a G18, MP5, M249, etc.... fine. They can get their hands on one when they want to.

Gun ownership to them is not personal priority. They have massive access to a life that we will never have. How many members of Congress have the USAF shuttle them around? Remember Pelosi bitching abiut want a dedicated USSR transport to fly over the hick states?

He'll, most of them are rich enough they have their own private planes on call.

Trust me.... if they want to keep a G18 in their house they will.

Doesn't have to be crazy either through paperwork shuffling and labeling.
Agreed, I think once you hit a certain level of wealth and political influence the laws no longer apply.

Its the reason the guy who grabs $100 out of a register can go to jail for a decade but the wall street banker who steals $100,000,000, never even goes to court, and a few months after the scandal passes he gets hired somewhere else for double his previous salary.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top