User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd say in most cases the individual mails it for a Form 1 and the dealer for a Form 4 (unless it's a situation where the customer wants to take the F4, and RPQ if applicable, and mail it all themselves). I know my dealer mails them for all his customers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question.... Who's responsible for mailing in the CLEO notification?  My SOT said he mails them in.

Thanks
I'd say in most cases the individual mails it for a Form 1 and the dealer for a Form 4 (unless it's a situation where the customer wants to take the F4, and RPQ if applicable, and mail it all themselves). I know my dealer mails them for all his customers.
Yes in this case it was Form 4.  Just wondering what the ramifications would be if he did not mail it in.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quick question...scanned the thread quick but couldn't find anything on this.

Just mailed a F4 out today and I checked everything over numerous times so I was confident that everything was in order. However, after checking the completed F4 that I have saved on my PC, I noticed that the fillable version I have seems to call for 2 signatures on the payment page (I'm using a CC). The box to the left of the "Total amount" box calls for a signature plus the line labled "Signature of  Cardholder" (which is the only one I signed on the payment page). Should I be concerned about my F4 being sent back?

I can't recall if I signed the payment page twice when I did my F1's.

BTW: Thanks for this thread. Has helped me a bunch with this whole NFA circus!
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks BW! That's what I figured but I wanted to put my mind at ease.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#8]
@BigWaylon

I'm not seeing it anywhere in the F4 Trust procedures on Page 1. Do I also submit a copy of the trust along with Schedule A still, or is that requirement gone?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Complete copy of the trust. It's hard to be more specific than that, as some use Schedules, some Assignment Sheets, some both, and who knows what else. Make sure to include any amendments, especially if they change the RPs in the trust body itself.
View Quote
Thanks, if I’m submitting multiple forms simultaneously is a single copy ok or do I need one for each form?

I believe my Trustees appear in the affidavit of trust, and the trust is written in such a way that it can be amended with a new affidavit. In this case, is it ok to just include the new affidavit?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've always submitted a single copy of my trust for multiple forms that are in the same envelope. Both pre and post 41F.

I'm not going to pretend to be a lawyer and answer that last one. Too many things I don't know about how it's written.

You do need to include the body of the trust itself, not just an affidavit of trust, if that's still in question.
View Quote
Figured that’d be your answer but thanks for the help nonetheless!
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#13]
EDIT:  I just found your eforms post.  Reading it now.

Thread bump..

First off Thanks BW for such a valuable how to resource.

Now that the ATF eforms form 1 is now back online, do you have any tips or advice?
I plan to form 1 a lower soon and I have ordered some fingerprint cards .

I do have a trust and my wife is a trustee.  I was thinking of removing my wife from the trust during the application process and adding back later OR not.

Any advice there?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Just saw this tonight when going to the ATF EForms page:

eForms Currently Available
ATF Forms 2, 3, 6, 6A, 9, 10 and 5300.11 are available for eForms submission.

Note:  NFA eForm 1, 4 and 5 are not in service at the present time, due to regulatory change implementation with no set date of restoration to service.

Damn, I was in the FFL section again...  
My rant below still rings true.
We have family in MT, but there is no guarantee they won't be where WA is in b ten years, either.

We just got screwed by the leftists in Washington state with I-1639 which is going to create all sorts of issues from waiting periods, required "training" and registration, just to name a few.  I'm hoping this is not part of the reason the F1 is down again.

I love this beautiful country but these tyrannical overlords are just intent on turning us into Britain or worse, China with their draconian laws.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#15]
@BigWaylon

I just submitted my first post-41F eForm1. Everything else I've done thus far has been pre 41F or through a SilencerShop kiosk. My Form.pdf came in via email but there wasn't a cover sheet or anything referencing what to do with fingerprints (submitted a Remington TAC-13, not in the dropdown, so still in Draft). Is this the address I send the fingerprint cards to:

NFA Branch
P.O. Box 530298
Atlanta, GA 30353-0298

How do I reference or associate my prints with my Form 1?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@BigWaylon

I just submitted my first post-41F eForm1. Everything else I've done thus far has been pre 41F or through a SilencerShop kiosk. My Form.pdf came in via email but there wasn't a cover sheet or anything referencing what to do with fingerprints (submitted a Remington TAC-13, not in the dropdown, so still in Draft). Is this the address I send the fingerprint cards to:

NFA Branch
P.O. Box 530298
Atlanta, GA 30353-0298

How do I reference or associate my prints with my Form 1?

Thanks.
View Quote
That ain't it. I just checked my cover letter, fingerprints go to:

BATFE  
National Firearms Act Division  
244 Needy Road  
Martinsburg, WV 25405

You'll get the cover letter as a pdf attachment to an email once your form hits 'submitted' status. Can't send in the print cards without it.

--------------

edit to fix weird formatting issues...
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That ain't it. I just checked my cover letter, fingerprints go to:

BATFE  
National Firearms Act Division  
244 Needy Road  
Martinsburg, WV 25405

You'll get the cover letter as a pdf attachment to an email once your form hits 'submitted' status. Can't send in the print cards without it.

--------------

edit to fix weird formatting issues... https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_banghead.gif
View Quote
Thanks for the address and information.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Question if anyone can answer. Is there a specific FD-258 for finger prints for submitting to FBI? My local municipality told me he had cards come back that the used because there wasn’t a stamp on them that the ATF cards have? If this is true, beside from the gov, is there somewhere else to get these with this stamp?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They’re supposed to be the blue line cards...with the correct ORI. But you can correct the ORI if you get ones that have different info printed.

Amazon has the cards, as well as some of the big dealers. I think Hansohn or Capitol Armory sells a FP kit?
View Quote
Thank you for the response. I order these From amazon. See some were complaining of them being outdated. Is this going to be an issue?

FD258
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thank you for the response. I order these From amazon. See some were complaining of them being outdated. Is this going to be an issue?

FD258
View Quote
Why dont you just get the free ones from that ATF that are already filled out? I think they'll mail you a few dozen at the time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Why dont you just get the free ones from that ATF that are already filled out? I think they'll mail you a few dozen at the time.
View Quote
I ordered them but doubt will get in any time soon. Gov shut down and all. Unless it’s taken care of by another branch that’s still operating. Maybe someone here can expand on that?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I ordered them but doubt will get in any time soon. Gov shut down and all. Unless it’s taken care of by another branch that’s still operating. Maybe someone here can expand on that?
View Quote
How many do you need? I have a few I could overnight to you if it's urgent? If so, shoot me an email or PM and I'll see what I can do. I think I have 4 or 5 around here somewhere...
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How many do you need? I have a few I could overnight to you if it's urgent? If so, shoot me an email or PM and I'll see what I can do. I think I have 4 or 5 around here somewhere...
View Quote
Appreciate the offer but seeing gov shut down is happening, don’t think it will make any difference when I get them sent in? I don’t know? Maybe someone can advise on this?  I have some from amazon coming Tuesday. I just hope what I read few pages back is correct in that ATF don’t care if card is outdated long as it has correct ORI. Hate to have it sitting there until they start again just to be rejected because of wrong FD258 revision.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Appreciate the offer but seeing gov shut down is happening, don’t think it will make any difference when I get them sent in? I don’t know? Maybe someone can advise on this?  I have some from amazon coming Tuesday. I just hope what I read few pages back is correct in that ATF don’t care if card is outdated long as it has correct ORI. Hate to have it sitting there until they start again just to be rejected because of wrong FD258 revision.
View Quote
Well here is the card I got from the ATF about 4 months ago if that helps (Rev. 9-9-13). This is the card I filled out for the stamp that I just got approved. The offer stands, I have 7 if you need them. Just let me know...

Attachment Attached File

Edit: looking at the Amazon link it appears the version ATF sent me IS the old revision. So you should be good to go, mine was just approved using the old Rev cards. Just make sure the correct ATF ORI info is recorded.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Well here is the card I got from the ATF about 4 months ago if that helps (Rev. 9-9-13). This is the card I filled out for the stamp that I just got approved. The offer stands, I have 7 if you need them. Just let me know...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/322543/20190117_145144_jpg-811100.JPG

Edit: looking at the Amazon link it appears the version ATF sent me IS the old revision. So you should be good to go, mine was just approved using the old Rev cards. Just make sure the correct ATF ORI info is recorded.
View Quote
Again, thanks for offer but I’m just going to wait until I get the Amazon ones. That way I have plenty in case of F ups. I’m only applying for one Form1 but wanted to do can at same time. Never doing this before, I’m assuming Form4 has to be done at time of can purchase by them
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

FD258
View Quote
Well, received the print cards from link I provided and needless to say, not sure if I should even use these. Does not have any revision number at all and printed on back says equivalent to FD-258.  What would you do?

Link Posted: 1/23/2019 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I had my prints done the other day and the card had black lines and text with the exception of the FD-258 (Rev. 5-15-17 1110-0046).  The card did not have the ORI on it.  Will the ATF accept this card if I add the ORI information to it?  I am not sure why blue or black lines would matter... but figured I would ask.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don’t know if they’ll take them or not...but the Form 1 instructions clearly state:

Photograph and Fingerprints. An individual maker (including any Federally licensed collector who is an individual but not any other type of Federal firearms licensee) must (1) attach to each copy except for the CLEO copy in item 12 of the ATF Form 1, a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of his/her frontal view taken within one year prior to the date of the application and (2) submit two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card with blue lines) with application. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them.
View Quote
Looks like the black lines/blue Rev is a standard FBI card as well. I wouldn't worry about it and send it off if it was me.

FBI Website
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I don’t know if they’ll take them or not...but the Form 1 instructions clearly state:

Photograph and Fingerprints. An individual maker (including any Federally licensed collector who is an individual but not any other type of Federal firearms licensee) must (1) attach to each copy except for the CLEO copy in item 12 of the ATF Form 1, a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of his/her frontal view taken within one year prior to the date of the application and (2) submit two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card with blue lines) with application. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them.
View Quote
Went back and found that.  Thanks for the post.  I guess I will need new cards.  Well with the government shut down I dont see me getting the cards I ordered from the ATF a couple off weeks ago in time.  I ordered some cards online from third party vendors but I doubt I will be able to meet the 10 day requirement.  Anyone know what will happen with my application?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
@chargerdude70

I ordered some cards on 1/17 and just got them today. The government shutdown doesn't seem to be impacting them mailing out the cards.

I have 30 of the new revisions if you need them, and yes they are sending out the blue lines with the new revision now as opposed to the old revision they sent me middle of last year.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@chargerdude70

I ordered some cards on 1/17 and just got them today. The government shutdown doesn't seem to be impacting them mailing out the cards.

I have 30 of the new revisions if you need them, and yes they are sending out the blue lines with the new revision now as opposed to the old revision they sent me middle of last year.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/322543/20190125_164303_jpg-821215.JPG
View Quote
I ordered 30 as well and on same day...did you get mine?...lol. Maybe I will see them soon then.

Has anyone used SilencerShop to do this? Is it worth the extra money?  They already have my prints electronically. They just could not file because of gov shutdown
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#37]
So I ordered FD-258 cards with blue lines and received them on Saturday.  I went to get my prints taken today and after 4 different attempts (local Sheriff precinct, adjacent city PD (my city doesnt have a PD), School ISD (recommendation of Sheriff precinct) and finally the larger sheriff precinct) I got prints.  They took my prints and information electronically and then printed to my cards.  Their machine was clearly not calibrated properly and it printed my race in the gender box and my gender in the CTZ box.  There was a slight overlap of my thumbprints at the bottom.  I complained and they said it didnt matter and they were done.  Im over a $100 in on two sets of cards and not sure if the ATF will accept the cards.

I have another set of cards, do I need to spend more money to get this done properly?
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:59:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So I ordered FD-258 cards with blue lines and received them on Saturday.  I went to get my prints taken today and after 4 different attempts (local Sheriff precinct, adjacent city PD (my city doesnt have a PD), School ISD (recommendation of Sheriff precinct) and finally the larger sheriff precinct) I got prints.  They took my prints and information electronically and then printed to my cards.  Their machine was clearly not calibrated properly and it printed my race in the gender box and my gender in the CTZ box.  There was a slight overlap of my thumbprints at the bottom.  I complained and they said it didnt matter and they were done.  Im over a $100 in on two sets of cards and not sure if the ATF will accept the cards.

I have another set of cards, do I need to spend more money to get this done properly?
View Quote
Clearly nobody who is pro government healthcare has ever tried to exercise a right.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#40]
The ATF responded to an email that I sent asking about the blue and black FD-258 cards.  They said they except either.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The ATF responded to an email that I sent asking about the blue and black FD-258 cards.  They said they except either.
View Quote
Good to know.

@BigWaylon should put that info in the section about the fingerprint cards.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#42]
What have people been submitting as proof of entity existence using approvals within previous 24 months? You don't actually need to include a copy of a previously approved form, right? Just a simple homemade form like:

Certification of entity existence from prior approval within 24 months

I certify that there has been no change to the documentation
evidencing the existence and validity of the entity previously
provided with the previously approved application:

Form number:
Serial number:
Approved date:

----------------------
Signature

----------------------
Date

With the form number being either 5320.1 or 5320.4
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@chargerdude70

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/322543/20190125_164303_jpg-821215.JPG
View Quote
We ordered same day. Mine arrived today and are different from yours. Also, is this ORI I.D. correct?

Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We ordered same day. Mine arrived today and are different from yours. Also, is this ORI I.D. correct?

https://i.imgur.com/J6IM0pm_d.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FPcnKrq_d.jpg
View Quote
@chargerdude70

No, that ORI is not correct. Those are the fingerprint cards you would order if you were applying for an FFL. You need the ones for applying for NFA. Just order some more, there are no limits.

You need the WVATF0800

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@chargerdude70

No, that ORI is not correct. Those are the fingerprint cards you would order if you were applying for an FFL. You need the ones for applying for NFA. Just order some more, there are no limits.

You need the WVATF0800

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/322543/Screenshot_20190204-200219_Chrome_jpg-833701.JPG
View Quote
Dag nammit. I’ll die before I get a stamp at this rate.  Thanks buddy. Maybe I should just apply for FFL while I'm at it.   Lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone have a couple of the finger print cards they could mail me. with the shut down it is taking forever. Id be willing to throw some paypal towards whomever. thanks

just PM me please , on site.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyone have a couple of the finger print cards they could mail me. with the shut down it is taking forever. Id be willing to throw some paypal towards whomever. thanks

View Quote
If you can't hook up with BigWaylon at the Charlotte gun show, holler at me. I can drop you some in Priority Mail Tuesday (first chance to get to the Pest Orifice). You should have them Thursday. Cover postage and they're yours.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
@army75th

I'm in the Rocky Mount area (eastern NC). I can meet up if you're local or I can mail you some too. Just email or IM me if the others fall through.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top