Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 9:52:53 AM EDT
I remember hearing about this on tv a while back but they didnt mention there was a silencer used on the pistol. This was a murder case where a female soldier from ft lewis killed two other soldiers and took a baby from the house. I know the Seattle PI is a liberal paper and silencer could mean a water bottle or some kind of home made rig. But could this have been a legaly registered item? I know there are a few documented cases of registered class 3 items being used in the commisioning of crimes so when I read this it caught my attention. Dose anyone ellse have any other details on the "suppressor" she used?

SEATTLE PI article
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#1]
First time I've heard of that. Who knows what the suppressor was, could have been any number of things. My buddy is out at Ft. Lewis, he said he couldn't get anything NFA while on base, so tag to see if anyone knows if you can.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe WA has some strange law that allows private individuals to own suppressors but you cannot shoot them in the state.  You have to drive to ID or OR to actually shoot them.  Someone correct me if that's wrong....and not that it really matters when you're mudering someone....
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I believe WA has some strange law that allows private individuals to own suppressors but you cannot shoot them in the state.  You have to drive to ID or OR to actually shoot them.  Someone correct me if that's wrong....and not that it really matters when you're mudering someone....

True and true.

Don't see why you couldn't get NFA on post, form a trust and have at it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

True and true.

I just came out to montana for recruiting from Ft Lewis and I purchased two supprssors while I was stationed there. and the law against using them in the state is true too. its a misdomenor to do so. I hope to get a lot of good use out of them now that I am in montana.

All that aside I am really curious what she used as a "suppressor" in the commisioning of these crimes. I doubt it was a legal suppressor but what do you think the likelyhood of it being a home made suppressor made out of metal is? Do you think that a court would consider a pillow infront of the muzzle of a pistol to be a suppressor?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True and true.

I just came out to montana for recruiting from Ft Lewis and I purchased two supprssors while I was stationed there. and the law against using them in the state is true too. its a misdomenor to do so. I hope to get a lot of good use out of them now that I am in montana.

All that aside I am really curious what she used as a "suppressor" in the commisioning of these crimes. I doubt it was a legal suppressor but what do you think the likelyhood of it being a home made suppressor made out of metal is? Do you think that a court would consider a pillow infront of the muzzle of a pistol to be a suppressor?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Just about anything can be used to "suppress" a gun shot, but of course the way it was worded, one guy being shot in the shower? Don't know how she would get a pillow to work in that case.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm surpised she could even have a firearm in her possession. When I was stationed at Fort Lewis during the Clinton days my Browning Buckmark had to be turned into the the company armor and lock-up with all the M-16s.  I understood that though given most folks in my unit are inner city retarded thugs that would have broke into my quarters and swiped my pistol.  Even the guy standing next to you in formation thats there to fight along side you will steal your wallet.  That happen in Basic Training in Ft Sill, luckily I had just $13 and my driver license stolen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
about once a year some one in our brigade would get busted during a health an welfare with a sword, pellet rifle, or fire arm "usually a pistol" There was a soldier in my shop who is now out of the army for cocaine use who kept a pistol in his room that he legaly bought at the cabellas in lacey. I found this out from one of the other barracks soldiers after he got out. so it wouldnt surprise me if she had either just bought it from a legal source in order to commit the crime or had taken/borrowed it from a friend and had it in the barracks at some point. But mainly I'm interested in the part about the supposed silencer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Just about anything can be used to "suppress" a gun shot, but of course the way it was worded, one guy being shot in the shower? Don't know how she would get a pillow to work in that case.

LOLZ!  Form1 a pillow!  

LOL that reminds me of something. I heard or read somewhere that some one had registered a glass bottle for a molotov cocktail as an explosive DD on a form 1 and had all the required info etched on the side basically as an expensive novelty
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOLZ!  Form1 a pillow!  

LOL that reminds me of something. I heard or read somewhere that some one had registered a glass bottle for a molotov cocktail as an explosive DD on a form 1 and had all the required info etched on the side basically as an expensive novelty

I could see someone being dumb enough to do that. Oh noz, you broke my $200 DD!!!! I guess it wouldn't matter, you could just etch a new glass bottle. Who would know?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#12]
lol
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOLZ!  Form1 a pillow!  

I need to do that!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top