Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 8:51:35 AM EDT
Back a few years ago, I stopped by the PD and used the MA State Police "Application" (blue lines) fingerprint cards for my Reising's Form 4.  I did the same for the Form 1 I'm doing now, but I forgot where to put the ORI number, since there is not a box for it on the MA cards.  I called the NFA branch just now and asked where to put it, since I can't remember what they told me a few years ago.  Now, they said I can't use the MA cards and have to order the figer print cards from the NFA.

Two questions.  Can I use the MA State Police cards and put the ORI number on it somewhere, and if not, how long does it take for orders from the NFA distribution center to arrive?

I really didn't want to delay this any longer than I had to.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#1]
It took about a week for me to receive cards (dozen) the last time I ordered them online (April).
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It took about a week for me to receive cards (dozen) the last time I ordered them online (April).

i just ordered some a week or so ago, i got them in less than 5 days
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, they're definitely getting quicker at sending out the fingerprint cards. I think someone in the Gov finally figured out 'faster the cards get out.... sooner money comes in'. Genius!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  Even though they accepted the MA cards last time, I'll just wait for the cards from the ATF this time.  I don't want any delays.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, thanks for asking this question, it saved me a post
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah, they're definitely getting quicker at sending out the fingerprint cards. I think someone in the Gov finally figured out 'faster the cards get out.... sooner money comes in'. Genius!

The deciding factor is usually whether or not they are in stock. If something is not in stock, you have to wait for them to replenish ther inventory (and fill back orders in the order rcvd) which compunds delays.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Back a few years ago, I stopped by the PD and used the MA State Police "Application" (blue lines) fingerprint cards for my Reising's Form 4.  I did the same for the Form 1 I'm doing now, but I forgot where to put the ORI number, since there is not a box for it on the MA cards.  I called the NFA branch just now and asked where to put it, since I can't remember what they told me a few years ago.  Now, they said I can't use the MA cards and have to order the figer print cards from the NFA.

Two questions.  Can I use the MA State Police cards and put the ORI number on it somewhere, and if not, how long does it take for orders from the NFA distribution center to arrive?

Yes you can still use the applicant card and just change the ORI
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:18:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you can still use the applicant card and just change the ORI

The problem I have is that there is no box for an ORI number on the MA State Police card.  I know the ATF told me to write it on there somewhere last time, but I can't remember where they told me to.  I want to say they said to just cross out the tracking number title and use that box, but I'm not sure.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know what the MA state card looks like, but any card that is submitted to the FBI needs an ORI number spot on it. That is how agencies are identified.  It should be right under where your name  gos and right next to the box for your date of birth.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll stop by the PD again tomorrow.  I must have grabbed the wrong card when I fingerprinted myself.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I got the cards from the ATF in and sent out their cards with the Form 1 yesterday.  Thanks for all the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top