Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 9:15:18 AM EDT
Just found out that my application was placed on problem status because of the color of ink that my dealer used to sign the form was not correct (red).  My examiner is Sandra Snook.  Funny thing is I have another that was approved by her that is signed in red ink.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I would call her back and tell her the directions do not specify which color:

From the Form 4 directions from the ATF website:

The following is from page 3,
Section 2. Preparation of Application
Parge g under section 2.
http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-4.pdf

g. Signatures. All signatures required on ATF Form 4 must be original in ink on both copies.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just found out that my application was placed on problem status because of the color of ink that my dealer used to sign the form was not correct (red).  My examiner is Sandra Snook.  Funny thing is I have another that was approved by her that is signed in red ink.

When did you send your form?

(JW cause she is working on mine )
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got off the phone with Sandra and she insists it is wrong despite my quoting the forms instructions.  So my dealer is going to have to resign the application in blue of black ink only.  I guess this is going to be a new unwritten rule.  Beware.

My application was sent in April and went pending May 14.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#4]
My first reaction was ah, bureaucracy at its finest.  My second reaction was why would your dealer use red ink?  Flamboyant personality?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My first reaction was ah, bureaucracy at its finest.  My second reaction was why would your dealer use red ink?  Flamboyant personality?

He probably uses red to sign copies of his FFL for distribution, so he can tell it is an original and not one somebody xeroxed.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]
My dealer used red ink on two Form 4's. They wer both approved by Andrew Ashton.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Why not call and ask for her chief
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why not call and ask for her chief

...After you get your forms.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:51:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Red is not allowable in contract law situations, the government normally conducts business in blue or black ink.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]
From the instructions for the Form 4:

"2.l. Submission. All requested informtion (sic) must be entered in blue or black ink and must be legible."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top