Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 10:17:51 AM EDT
I am looking at getting another Gemtech product.
My friend just got his HALO for the AR-15 and the thing is just amazing.
What I am looking for is something small to go on an SBR. I am going to be putting it on a POF 11.5" upper.
I noticed that the HALO did make the gun noticably front heavy and the Piranha is supposed to be a bit smaller and lighter.

Is there much of a suppression difference between the HALO and the Piranha?
Has anyone had problems with the Piranha?
What is the life of the Piranha?
How easy is it to put on and remove a piranha?
Thanks
Anthony
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:25:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 10:31:22 AM EDT by wildearp]
Silencertests.com

http://www.gem-tech.com/M4-02.html

Not too much useful info.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:32:44 PM EDT
The M4-02 is a really good can. Very small and efficient.

The HALO is a bit quieter but the M4-02 is fine for sound. Get the HALO if you want to be able to unmount it and still have a flash hider on.

I would probably get the M4-02 and just leave it on and save the weight.

I don't know the lifespan of an M4-02 on an 11.5 inch upper.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:46:49 PM EDT
The real question is whether you will be moving it around or leaving it on one gun. Threadmount cans should be screwed on with blue loc-tite, per one of their sales reps.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:54:21 PM EDT
Yeah, if you don't want a threadmount to fall off when shooting, you need to use Teflon tape or a Norlock washer or Rockset. This is one of the little-known reasons why fast-attach silencers are the way to go. People think "Oh, I don't need a fast-attach because I don't mind it taking longer to put on and take off." but what they don't realize is a threadmounted can will unscrew on its own.

But still, I would probably get an M4-02 over a HALO if it is dedicated to that one gun. Or get the HALO if you want to move it because a threadmount can IS a pain to move due to the needed Locktight or locking washer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:50:50 PM EDT
Top Top