Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 2:14:48 PM EDT
Does any compnay make a suppressor for a Makarov in 9x18, I know the round is very similar to a 380 will a 380 suppressor work on a Mak? Thanks. McM
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
How about, I don't know...a 9mm silencer?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Does any compnay make a suppressor for a Makarov in 9x18, I know the round is very similar to a 380 will a 380 suppressor work on a Mak? Thanks. McM

Please tell me your kidding us by asking that???  I'm surprised you didn't ask if you could attach the silencer to the magazine  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#3]
While most any 9mm can could be used the problem is that on a straight-blowback centerfire pistol like the Makarov, the suppressor adds more backpressure and forces the slide to open earlier and faster than normally-hence the ejection port noise and debris blowback from the ejection port.

Now, I have heard that there are a few things that people have done to make them suppress better. For instance, adding a stiffer recoil spring supposedly helps keep the slide closed a little longer and help slow down the more violent recoil.

My recommendation would be not to waste your time or money.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
They suppress Walthers, don't they?
how would that be different?
And I don't think any 9 suppressor would be a good idea.  Mak bullets run .363 Vs 9mm and .380 ACP's .356, enough of a difference that you (and your new toy) might have a very bad day.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Doing the suppressed Mak is an easy thing. Swap barrel for a threaded 380 barrel, use a 9mm or 380 silencer, wind up dissapointed. I know several people who have done a silenced Mak, all have been dissapointed with performance. The fixed barrel system lets too much pressure vent out the ejection port. Making it loud and dirty. You really have to use a 380 because the 9x18 round is supersonic even in the short Mak barrel.

Can it be done? YES, but not reccomended.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top