Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:29:16 PM EDT
I emailed Keltec about this, but figured I'd ask anyways while waiting for a response.

Can keltec, register the PLR-16 as a AOW at manufacture and ship it with a foregrip and have the transfer tax only be $5? Or do I have to buy it and do the AOW on a form 1?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:28:14 PM EDT
As a manufacturer, a weapon can be made or altered and shipped as an AOW. They register it and ship it along. If you own the weapon, send it to a manufacturer and have them do the work and register it, you save the 200.00 making tax, as a manufacturer, they pay thier SOT for a year with unlimited weapons, no form 1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:27:05 PM EDT
They would need to hold the correct SOT also... I think it's an 02 manufacturer, which is a NFA manufacturer. They may only be a manufacturer of Title I firearms (I think type 07 ?). If that's the case, even they would need to file a Form 1.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:58:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CZ-75Jeff:
They would need to hold the correct SOT also... I think it's an 02 manufacturer, which is a NFA manufacturer. They may only be a manufacturer of Title I firearms (I think type 07 ?). If that's the case, even they would need to file a Form 1.

I'm reasonably certain they have the 02 because they make an SBR SU-16 (the SU-16D, with 9" and 12" barrel)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:00:18 PM EDT
I'm fairly certain that a KelTec PLR16 can not be registered as an AOW.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:08:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OEF_VET:
I'm fairly certain that a KelTec PLR16 can not be registered as an AOW.

care to explain why?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:32:37 PM EDT
You know what, I was typing a response and it dawned on me, the PLR is their new pistol. I was thinking of the SU-16. Never mind, it can be registered as an AOW. Now, whether or not they'll do it is another question. You may have to register it yourself.
Top Top