Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:36:44 PM EDT
The timeline I observed said the Glock 18 was produced in 1986.  Were any imported prior to the May 1986 law prohibiting additional conversions?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]
There are none. I have already tried.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually the 1986 ban on civilian owned MG's applied to domestically produced guns. Foreign MG's (such as the Austrian G18) haven't been available to civilians (i.e. transferable) since the Gun Control Act of 1968.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:25:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Actually the 1986 ban on civilian owned MG's applied to domestically produced guns. Foreign MG's (such as the Austrian G18) haven't been available to civilians (i.e. transferable) since the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Really?  How are people shooting MG34/42s, Vickers guns, and Lewis guns at MG shoots?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?  How are people shooting MG34/42s, Vickers guns, and Lewis guns at MG shoots?

because they are either amnesty guns "registered during the mg amnesty' or possibly imprted before 68 gca or they are are guns put together before the 86 ban using part kits
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

because they are either amnesty guns "registered during the mg amnesty' or possibly imprted before 68 gca or they are are guns put together before the 86 ban using part kits

johnnyrebel is correct. There was a short amnesty period during 1968 to allow you to register any MG that might have been brought back. Between 1968-1986 you could import the parts kits and rebuild them with a US made receiver or with a "demil" receiver that a C2 remanufactured. After 1986 any foreign made MG is a dealer sample and only available for sale to Mil and LE, but most dealers take these to MG shoots and rent trigger time on them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info, very interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top