Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 9:21:32 AM EDT
A friend of mine wants a suppressor for hunting wild hogs.  I asked what caliber and he says .308
Those of you who have done this; is it workable and besides the tax, what are approximate costs involved?

Also, I have a CAR configuration in .45 ACP.  Is a suppressor workable with this type of weapon and what suggestions might you have?

Thanks
WKM
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A friend of mine wants a suppressor for hunting wild hogs.  I asked what caliber and he says .308
Those of you who have done this; is it workable and besides the tax, what are approximate costs involved?

Also, I have a CAR configuration in .45 ACP.  Is a suppressor workable with this type of weapon and what suggestions might you have?

Thanks
WKM

swr omega 30 is my choice and yes its workable...also check local and stage game laws you may find out you cant hunt with a suppressor

on your 45 yes it is possible and will be quiet ..the only two 45 cans i have shot are knights armament and swr both i belive are under 800 without the tax
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  I didn't even think about the state law thing but I'll check it out.

Thanks a bunch,
WKM
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Another consideration is an Integral 44 Mag carbine from Johns Guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top