Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 7:39:12 PM EDT
Thinking of getting one of these from Auto-ordnance as my first SBR. Anyone have any experience with these? Is it worth the $?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience, but it sure does look good!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Tring to decide on this or building a 9mm AR (I already have 3 AR's).
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Ihave a semi-auto in 16 1/4" length, it is a west hurley gun. It had a few problems with the firing pin retaining pins, but after I put in titanium it worked great. Very heavy for a plinker but fun to shoot and supprisingly accurate. Kahr is making the semis now no info on them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#4]
My buddy Woden has one. I would IM him for his opinion. I have shot the gun on a number of occaisions. It was very reliable and surprisingly accurate. If you are into Thompson's you won't be disappointed but........to me they are very un-ergonomic (awkward) and heavy. It would not be my first choice.

If you contact Woden, ask him for a link to the video we shot comparing the Thompson to my UMP SBR.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My buddy Woden has one. I would IM him for his opinion. I have shot the gun on a number of occaisions. It was very reliable and surprisingly accurate. If you are into Thompson's you won't be disappointed but........to me they are very un-ergonomic (awkward) and heavy. It would not be my first choice.

If you contact Woden, ask him for a link to the video we shot comparing the Thompson to my UMP SBR.

Bomber

I have to agree with thebomber.  I love my Thompson (FA), but compared to my MP-40 or MP-5, it is extremely awkward and heavy!................but I still love it though!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

I have to agree with thebomber.  I love my Thompson (FA), but compared to my MP-40 or MP-5, it is extremely awkward and heavy!................but I still love it though!

Or a UMP clone:

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I am going to have to put this on the back burner. I got the itch for a Supressed .22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top