Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:39:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 7:39:30 PM EDT by cajunboy]
Thinking of getting one of these from Auto-ordnance as my first SBR. Anyone have any experience with these? Is it worth the $?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:25:52 PM EDT
No experience, but it sure does look good!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:28:34 PM EDT
Tring to decide on this or building a 9mm AR (I already have 3 AR's).
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:48:17 AM EDT
Ihave a semi-auto in 16 1/4" length, it is a west hurley gun. It had a few problems with the firing pin retaining pins, but after I put in titanium it worked great. Very heavy for a plinker but fun to shoot and supprisingly accurate. Kahr is making the semis now no info on them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:43:56 AM EDT
My buddy Woden has one. I would IM him for his opinion. I have shot the gun on a number of occaisions. It was very reliable and surprisingly accurate. If you are into Thompson's you won't be disappointed but........to me they are very un-ergonomic (awkward) and heavy. It would not be my first choice.

If you contact Woden, ask him for a link to the video we shot comparing the Thompson to my UMP SBR.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:45:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thebomber:
My buddy Woden has one. I would IM him for his opinion. I have shot the gun on a number of occaisions. It was very reliable and surprisingly accurate. If you are into Thompson's you won't be disappointed but........to me they are very un-ergonomic (awkward) and heavy. It would not be my first choice.

If you contact Woden, ask him for a link to the video we shot comparing the Thompson to my UMP SBR.

Bomber

I have to agree with thebomber. I love my Thompson (FA), but compared to my MP-40 or MP-5, it is extremely awkward and heavy!................but I still love it though!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:48:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheGunny:

Originally Posted By thebomber:

Bomber

I have to agree with thebomber. I love my Thompson (FA), but compared to my MP-40 or MP-5, it is extremely awkward and heavy!................but I still love it though!

Or a UMP clone:

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:22:31 AM EDT
Sweet!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:55:15 PM EDT
I think I am going to have to put this on the back burner. I got the itch for a Supressed .22.
Top Top