Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 3:04:27 PM EDT
I am new to the NFA game so please excuse my ignorance.

1. What are WW2 C&R Thompson M1s currently SELLING for?

2. Is it possible to find one that is in decent condition and not beat to hell?

3. Anything to be concerned about when buying a C&R Thompson

4. Who was the main mfg. of Thompson M1s during WW2 (for example, springfield made most of the garands even though winchester and H&R made them as well)

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:28:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:31:10 PM EDT
here are a couple for ya

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42530260

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42574857

ps. did you hit the lottery cuz these boys ai'nt cheap!?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:40:32 AM EDT
I'm not the leading authority on Thompsons, but I'll tell you what I know:

1. I believe Savage and Auto-Ordnance were the main supplier of WW2 Thompsons. The one I own is an AO and is the early version M-1 (floating firing pin)
2. There are plenty out there, but they are pricey. The conditions vary from mint to beat to hell! There were a ton of them made from cut recievers right before the ban went into effect and the rewelds run the gammot from "damn good job" to "what a pile of crap". A lot of the C-2's were just trying to get the guns "on paper" before the end and didn't take the time to do it right. I have personally seen at least a dozen of these "ban rush" guns and some ain't pretty. hey, but anything can be fixed!
3. If you don't want to pay $10K - $30K for a full auto then your only other option is one of the new SBR Thompson's by Kahr.

Hope this info helps!hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:08:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AROKIE:
here are a couple for ya

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42530260

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42574857

ps. did you hit the lottery cuz these boys ai'nt cheap!?

Actually I am looking for the M1 WW2 model with the horizontal handguard. No, I didn't win the lottery...I graduate from college in a few months (finally) and already have a nice job offer.
Top Top