Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/19/2005 11:13:26 AM EDT
Im looking for a 458 SOCOM suppressor, does anyone know who makes them? I talked to SRT arms and Doug said he could build me one for around 600.00 I just want to know if any other companies are making them. It needs to be a muzzle can, not going to be quick attack or detach and not integral. Just looking for the thoughts of the resident experts (that would be y'all) -HSP
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:01:15 PM EDT
Doug at SRT is doing mine, althoug it's going to be an integral type. Check out This Thread for thr Tromix. Why does it seem I'm the only one outside of Virginia who wants one?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:07:11 AM EDT
Thanks for pointing me there. It does seem like you are the only one not in VA how funny. I went the the tromix website and it did not mention anything about suppressors so i guess its something new. Im actually trying to suppress a 45-70 lever gun thats why i can't have an integral, i will have to give up some DB reduction but Doug at SRT said it would probobly sound like an unsuppressed 22LR. Still a noticible crack but less than a std 45-70. Im still doing some research into the whole idea but once again thanks for pointing me there.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:14:58 AM EDT
SRT makes some mighty fine suppressors as I understand.

$600 for a "custom" job seems VERY reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:53:43 PM EDT
Oh i totally agree, 600.00 is a steal for a custom can. I am an avid SWR user and when i called Joe he told me to call SRT, when one mfg recommends another i take it to be a good sign.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:10:01 AM EDT
Call Tony at Tromix. He can beat that price. Doug is a good guy but does not have a background with the 458 SOCOM like Tony does.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:17:41 PM EDT
Thanks i will defintally give him a call. But is Tromix making a muzzle can for the 458. Because it is not going on a AR platform it is going on a lever gun it cannot be integral. Ill call him and see what he has to offer.

Top Top