Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2017 10:11:17 PM EDT
https://youtu.be/8NCjFxoTd_M

This is the first aerial shell I shot out of a tube. 1.75" shell using charcoal stars.
This is a work in progress.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
nice job.  getting me thinking…lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
HOW??? My inner child needs to know!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I just want some decent shells that do nothing but that loud bright white flash.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HOW??? My inner child needs to know!
View Quote
I belong to APC forum. I did a lot of research. It is very easy to do once you learn the trade and take your time. Every thing you see I made except the launch tube.
I made the black powder for lift and exploding shell, I use a empty toilet roll for the shell which I reinforced with paper and glue. I made the stars which is just a different composite of the same stuff bp is made of. I use quick match for the lift fuse set off with a 12 volt battery. I did a time fuse using a piece of cannon fuse. I have to say I learned a lot doing this project. It is time consuming. There is more for me to learn. I am weak in cutting my stars.

I plan on trying out a 4" mortar tube soon but still got to practice more on the smaller stuff. The 2" stuff goes about 150' high while the 4" stuff will go 300' plus.

To get the pretty star colors you got to use more complex and chemicals that does grab the BATF attention.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just want some decent shells that do nothing but that loud bright white flash.
View Quote
BP for lift and then you start getting into metals for the flash and loud boom. I am staying away from it due it is less forgiving in a mistake.
BP can give you a load boom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top