Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2017 12:36:47 PM EDT
Hand spring on my pietta '58 snapped yesterday. I had to manually turn the cylinder to finish the chambers. 

Recommend me a good parts supplier. I'm thinking about replacing all of the springs while I'm at it just to be safe. 
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Not trying to be a wiseass, but have you considered .....Pietta? Navy Arms and or Dixie Gun Works come to mind as well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not trying to be a wiseass, but have you considered .....Pietta? Navy Arms and or Dixie Gun Works come to mind as well.
View Quote
I'm lookin around myself, but I will always ask here to get the benifit of experience. I have seen replacements, just looking for the best option. That's what this thread is for. 

Examples being, is pietta brand best or can a get a better quality part from someone else that will be be better.

The hand has 150-200 rounds on it. 
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
tsk.....tsk....tsk.

VTI Gun Parts is the answer you seek young padawhan.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
tsk.....tsk....tsk.

View Quote
Thanks. 

1) Should i I do a full spring kit since the hand spring went- they aren't expensive

2) why did it fail? 200ish rounds does not seem like a lot. Or did I just break it with sheer stupid (which is entirely possible. This is my first gun of this type.) 

3) what should I expect, drop in, or some fitting required. 
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks. 

1) Should i I do a full spring kit since the hand spring went- they aren't expensive

2) why did it fail? 200ish rounds does not seem like a lot. Or did I just break it with sheer stupid (which is entirely possible. This is my first gun of this type. 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
tsk.....tsk....tsk.

Thanks. 

2) why did it fail? 200ish rounds does not seem like a lot. Or did I just break it with sheer stupid (which is entirely possible. This is my first gun of this type. 

1.) Yep. Buy TWO sets and several spare hand w/spring.

2.) Crappy Italian parts. Its very common on pasta guns. Pietta especially. Also do not fan the hammer as we all you do at yourself in the mirror at night

3.) Yes, you will more than likely need to fit the hand. Get some jewelers files. They're not expensive. I usually have to relieve some metal from the inside curve on the hand. Sometimes the tip.
Install the fresh one and carefully cock and watch the rotation and lock up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

2.) Crappy Italian parts. Its very common on pasta guns. Pietta especially. Also do not fan the hammer as we all you do at yourself in the mirror at night

3.) Yes, you will more than likely need to fit the hand. Get some jewelers files. They're not expensive. I usually have to relieve some metal from the inside curve on the hand. Sometimes the tip.
View Quote
Last question. Jewlers files are the same as needle files?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. They are easy to find. Most hardware places sell them in a set. <$20.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top