Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2017 11:15:56 AM EDT
Well, I had the opportunity to obtain one of Danny Caywood's French Type "C" smooth bores and was finally able to get it to the range, along with my little TVM Fowler.  

The Caywood has a 42" jug choked barrel, and the TVM a 36".  

Well, I decided to first try my hand with a .60cal ball.  Loaded 80gr 3f Goex, a half inch fiber wad with Mr Shultz dry lube, a chewed 60 cal ball, and an overshot card.  This was my first shot from this gun at 40yds.  

WOW!!! That must have been an accident!  So I continued;

That was my first 5 shots.  And yes, I pulled the fifth!  Got so excited that I messed up a great group.  Well, I have myself a new meat stick.  Going to stretch out to 75 next time and see what she will do!!

Doc
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome! You have some very nice powder burners.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top