Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2017 12:51:27 PM EDT
Have been trying to get to know a couple of smooth bores that I have picked up this last year.  MAN what a different beast!  I am doing OK with the shot, but the round ball part is quite interesting.  One is a smooth rifle and one is a fowler.  The smooth rifle is a bit more straight forward.  Has both sights, just working on a load that shoots POA.  The fowler however, no rear sight.  Cheek weld = rear sight.  I am starting to figure it out but much work to do.  

Didn't take enough pictures, but here is the best one.

The close one is a smooth rifle in .62 made by Danny Caywood.  The far one is a fowler in curly maple made by Tennessee Valley Muzzleloading.

FWIW
Doc
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome...nice rifles!
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Needs moar pixchures!
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Will work on that next time.

Doc
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Needs moar pixchures!
View Quote
I think he needs to participate in the heritage challenge, don't you ?

@DocGP see if this is of interest to you:
Heritage arfcom shooting thread
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
My kind of fun!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think he needs to participate in the heritage challenge, don't you ?

@DocGP see if this is of interest to you:
Heritage arfcom shooting thread
View Quote
Yes sir!!!  Definitely planning on participating, maybe once with each fowler.  HOWEVER, I am afraid I will embarrass myself since I am still in the major learning curve with this.

Thanks
Doc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top