BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reading the purchase requirements there are too many hoops to jump thru for me. If I want another 1911 I'll just go buy a brand new one.
View Quote
This is my thought especially if the price is 1000.00 ill go buy new.. I got a colt so I dont need another one..
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I did speak to my son this weekend hes in the NYNG and told me they are issued 1911 pistols and they only issues the ones that are "used" over and over again.. New stock in kept under lock and key.. The attitude is we purchased them we will use them.. I asked him about seeing what looked like glocks at grand central two weeks ago..

He told me they could have been Air Force if they were glocks he wasnt sure.. The uniform didn't look like his but when I brought him back to GA for training on Sunday the mp had the same type and i said that is what it looked like and said yep they are air force.. sucks to be them to be deployed here.

Even in his boot in 2015 at Benning he told me his a2 would double a lot all they did was keep replacing the bolt for them instead of  swapping out the trigger pack had  a higher level of maintenance and they will have to wait until it total fails with bolt swaps before they send them to the next level of rebuild.

He told me his new a4 was still the clp and in the bag when they got them this year.. They deploy next year.. I asked him who made it he had to pull out a pic and they are FN's
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Reading the purchase requirements there are too many hoops to jump thru for me. If I want another 1911 I'll just go buy a brand new one.
View Quote
You're not the market they are looking at.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
F the CMP!  If they can't send a firearm to my FFL, then why should I go to someone else's FFL to take delivery of it.  They (CMP) are now on my list of sellers that I will no longer support, because they will not support me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 12:19:45 AM EDT
[#5]
2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity

I go to the range every weekend and shoot pistols almost every night after work.

Well they can melt them into scrap.

Assholes.
I thought the point was to cut the pork and offset the defense budget? If that's so. Sell the damn things! To hell with their prerequisites. No CMP affiliated clubs near me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 12:40:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Status of the CMP 1911s, 1/29/2018:

The CMP has been authorized to receive 8,000 1911 type pistols from the United States Army.

The 1911s have been received by the CMP.  A complete inventory will be conducted over the course of this week. The pistols will then be securely stored until the Army-approved 1911 building and armory infrastructure is completed.  That completion is anticipated to be approximately 60 days from now. Once the 1911 armory is completed, inspection, grading, repair, and ultimately test firing of the pistols will begin. (Please be aware that the CMP was led to believe that we were ready to move forward, but three weeks ago facility requirements were changed, and we are now fulfilling those requirements.)

The CMP 1911 order packet will be posted 90 days prior to the order acceptance date and opening sales date. No orders will be accepted prior to that date. Please visit www.thecmp.org, click on the Sales icon then 1911 Information, for the latest. CMP customer service has been inundated with calls and emails concerning the 1911s and no further information is available at this time.

The CMP will keep everyone posted as we move through this process.

Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer
Civilian Marksmanship Program
www.thecmp.org
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The CMP has been authorized to receive 8,000 1911 type pistols from the United States Army.

The 1911s have been received by the CMP.  A complete inventory will be conducted over the course of this week. The pistols will then be securely stored until the Army-approved 1911 building and armory infrastructure is completed.  That completion is anticipated to be approximately 60 days from now. Once the 1911 armory is completed, inspection, grading, repair, and ultimately test firing of the pistols will begin. (Please be aware that the CMP was led to believe that we were ready to move forward, but three weeks ago facility requirements were changed, and we are now fulfilling those requirements.)

The CMP 1911 order packet will be posted 90 days prior to the order acceptance date and opening sales date. No orders will be accepted prior to that date. Please visit www.thecmp.org, click on the Sales icon then 1911 Information, for the latest. CMP customer service has been inundated with calls and emails concerning the 1911s and no further information is available at this time.

Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer
www.thecmp.org
View Quote
I think 60 days for a "Army-approved 1911 building and armory infrastructure is completed" is rather optimistic knowing how government works. Perhaps we'll be surprised.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think 60 days for a "Army-approved 1911 building and armory infrastructure is completed" is rather optimistic knowing how government works. Perhaps we'll be surprised.
View Quote
Don't worry shutdown 2018 2.0 will give them a little more wiggle room.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And they aren't going to get me... if they insult me by not recognizing my 03 license , then they can keep their worn out pieces of history.
I'll spend my money elsewhere
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#11]
General types of pistols to be sold:

Refurbed and ready to issue (re-finished, a lot of mix-masters in arms-room grade);
weapons excess to the Army Museum system;
rare pieces to auction (cherry-unissued; rare markings; General Officer M15 and USAMU-modified; National Match pistols);
blaster-grade re-builds, lower collector value (i.e., GI frame but generic GI contract replacement slides [7792345] and barrels [7791193]).
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And they aren't going to get me... if they insult me by not recognizing my 03 license , then they can keep their worn out pieces of history.
View Quote
Nothing forcing you to buy from CMP.  But if you happen to read the bill where CONGRESS authorized the guns then you would also KNOW that CONGRESS didn't recognize your 03 License not CMP.  CMP has lots of hoops and hurdles to jump thru to offer these for sale.

CD
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Update

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/01/new-update-status-cmp-1911s-from-united-states-army/amp/
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nothing forcing you to buy from CMP.  But if you happen to read the bill where CONGRESS authorized the guns then you would also KNOW that CONGRESS didn't recognize your 03 License not CMP.  CMP has lots of hoops and hurdles to jump thru to offer these for sale.

CD
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CD
CMP / Congress -- it's still someone telling me the license that I was issued isn't good for them ... have fun in the lottery
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

CMP / Congress -- it's still someone telling me the license that I was issued isn't good for them ... have fun in the lottery
View Quote
Big difference between the CMP and Congress. CMP didn't make the rule.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

CD
View Quote
Link to the bill/law.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:47:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Took me 10 secs to find it on Google

NDAA 2018

CD
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:25:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Took me 10 secs to find it on Google

NDAA 2018

CD
View Quote
And it's your responsibility to do that 10 second search when you make assertions about the law.

Now you've got to show us where in that document it forbids the transfer of these pistols to C&R licensees.

You've made a claim, BACK IT UP.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:00:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And it's your responsibility to do that 10 second search when you make assertions about the law.

Now you've got to show us where in that document it forbids the transfer of these pistols to C&R licensees.

You've made a claim, BACK IT UP.
View Quote
You asked for the link, link and information was given and backed up.  I don't have to spoon feed it to you.  Its been talked about on multiple times and public record.

CD
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You asked for the link, link and information was given and backed up.  I don't have to spoon feed it to you.  Its been talked about on multiple times and public record.

CD
View Quote
You were fairly nice with that reply. I would have answered with something likely encountered in a GD thread.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#21]
He thinks that bill says what he claims it says, but it's not there.

That's why I'm telling him to back up his claim.

There's nothing in that authorization mandating how CMP sells the guns that's different than how they sell Garands.

Which means it's back on CMP and not Congress.

Or he could actually cite the passage and prove me wrong.

Which he can't do, so he's going to resort to mild insults to save face.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Mark Johnson
Chief Operating Officer
www.thecmp.org
View Quote
Yup. I got that email a few days ago. I'm curious to see what they settle on for pricing.  If the price was right...I'd take one. I assume the price will not be "right," so I'll likely pass.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Read through the applicable sections and it authorizes transfer from Anniston to the CMP providing timelines , amounts, a pilot program, a final report in 2019 and various inspections and the like, but nothing about how they will be sold by the CMP (other than "fair market value") once they are received. At least, nothing that I can glean from all of that.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#24]
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

Under "Second Reason"

CMP’s enabling legislation mandated by Congress specifies that the purchaser “successfully pass a thorough and complete background check”, i.e. NICS.  CMP cannot turn any firearm over to the purchaser until it receives a “proceed” from NICS, the local FFL can turn the pistol over after 72 business hours have elapsed if they have not heard back from NICS.  Turning the pistol over after 72 hours and not getting a “proceed” does not satisfy CMP’s enabling legislation mandated by Congress.  This leaves CMP no choice but to have a NICS check done and get a “proceed” to satisfy its enabling legislation, before shipping to the local 01, or 02, or 07 FFL.
View Quote
(Bold mine)

Congress absolutely made it impossible to ship to an 03 FFL for this sale.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Under "Second Reason"

(Bold mine)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Under "Second Reason"

CMP’s enabling legislation mandated by Congress specifies that the purchaser “successfully pass a thorough and complete background check”, i.e. NICS.  CMP cannot turn any firearm over to the purchaser until it receives a “proceed” from NICS, the local FFL can turn the pistol over after 72 business hours have elapsed if they have not heard back from NICS.  Turning the pistol over after 72 hours and not getting a “proceed” does not satisfy CMP’s enabling legislation mandated by Congress.  This leaves CMP no choice but to have a NICS check done and get a “proceed” to satisfy its enabling legislation, before shipping to the local 01, or 02, or 07 FFL.
(Bold mine)

I see where the CMP makes that statement, but in the linked document authorizing the pistols release , there is no mention of a background check.
What other document was signed into law, or passed by Congress or amended to any of these Bills that specifies that?

Not being a butt here, but where does it say that , in a lawful document produced by Congress?
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I see where the CMP makes that statement, but in the linked document authorizing the pistols release , there is no mention of a background check.
What other document was signed into law, or passed by Congress or amended to any of these Bills that specifies that?

Not being a butt here, but where does it say that , in a lawful document produced by Congress?
View Quote
It doesn't say that specifically.  It says on Page 825..."A review of whether the procedures relating to sales of surplus caliber .45 M1911/M1911A pistols covered by the evaluation were conducted in accordance with applicable Federal laws."

http://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20171113/HRPT-115-HR2810.pdf
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#27]
And when you look up those applicable laws, you find no difference between selling a Garand and a 1911 in the law.

Yet, we've many more requirements tacked on to the sale of the pistols than the rifles.

And nothing from Congress demanding it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Under "Second Reason"

(Bold mine)

Why would the CMP lie about it?

You'd trust Congress over the CMP?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Under "Second Reason"

(Bold mine)

I don't know, but they appear to be making statements that aren't backed up by legislation.
I don't trust anybody.  I trust facts and here, they don't appear to be adding up
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Note: 1911 type pistols purchased from CMP cannot be transferred to 03 FFL (curio and relic) license. BATF and the United States Army prefer the second background check be performed by a "store front" FFL dealer. Each customer purchasing a 1911 type pistol from CMP will be subjected to two NICS background checks, one the information provided by CMP to NICS and the second the information will be provided to NICS by the FFL dealer in which the pistol is shipped."

This is the part that riles me..  I have a government issued license that allows me to purchase C&R firearms. These pistols qualify as C&R and yet this entity can choose whether or not to honor that.  That isn't right at all
View Quote
Pity
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top