Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2017 8:15:49 AM EDT
I found this "tanker" holster yesterday at the flea market for $12.00.

Given the S&W cleaning rod there must have been a 5" Victory Model in it at one time.

I stuck a Enfield in it for the pic but it also works with WW-2 Webley and 5" S&W.

I remember when you could get one for cheap but that ship has sailed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:17:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn fine deal!

Who's the maker? ZL&T? They seem to be the most commonly found maker here in the US, which I suppose isn't surprising.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn fine deal!

Who's the maker? ZL&T? They seem to be the most commonly found maker here in the US, which I suppose isn't surprising.
View Quote
It just has some letters and numbers on the back.....It could be post-war for all i know.

Attachment Attached File

Never mind  I found the marking under the belt loop.

It's (something) & H LTD. 1945.....Canadian marked.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#3]
That's probably MS&U Ltd - Montreal Suspender and Umbrella. They, along with Zephyr Loom and Textile were the main makers of webgear for the Canadian forces.

British-made (usually, Mills) examples of these seem to be rather rare for one reason or another.

Canadian P'37 gear has a gold color that makes it easy to identify. British-made web gear is more greenish.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]
They have gotten really hard to find and expensive when you do...

I have a ZL&T where my Webley Mk IV resides.

Try finding one of the long drop holsters!

Very nice rig though!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top