Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2017 5:25:46 PM EDT
So in going through my dad's guns we found this odd C96.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

No other markings other "M96" and then this logo
Attachment Attached File

Finish looks like a black painted type finish and it's missing the mag follower and spring.

What the heck is it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like a prop gun.....  plug in the barrel?   (or remnants of a drilled out plug)

BKA 221 prop gun
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, I will have to ask my sister. It's at her house at the moment and I'm back home several states away. I remember seeing it in a fairly quick passing while I was there and though it didn't strike me as a prop gun it looks ms like it might be from that info you provided.

It looked and felt like a real one with just a quick look though the painted finish did strike me as odd along with the missing mag follower and spring.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Cast and not machined.  Unsafe to shoot even if you can get it to do so.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The c96 has no hammer or trigger pins. That does appear to be a prop, as in the link above.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably still has some value to guys who collect Hollywood memorabilia....can't be too many around...
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad you got smarter information before I posted.  

I was going to point out that broom handles were cloned in great numbers in China back in the pre Ww2 days.    Some even copied German markings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top